5.0 out of 5 stars Lasted forever
I bought one these watches 10 years ago and used it Kayaking, sailing, swimming and walking. It only failed after a botched battery change and water got in.

The indiglo light was very bright, I was always able to read the face even bleary eyed in the middle of the night. The handy night light element is good.

The digital compass was reasonably...
Published 9 months ago by D J Roberts

2.0 out of 5 stars First Bad Buy At Amazon
I bought this watch when it was on "Black Friday", and it looked like a real bargain. How wrong was I !
I have a good collection of watches, and am always looking out for something a bit different, so when I saw this, I thought that I would send for it.
When it arrived though, it was a BIG disappointment.
The watch seems to be made of plastic, it is...
Published 8 months ago by George Barton

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Lasted forever, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Timex Expedition Men's Digital Watch with LCD Dial Digital Display and Brown Leather Strap T778624E (Watch)

The digital compass was reasonably accurate, but I don't think I would like to navigate in low visibility and use that as my only method of navigation, but it was fine for basic low accuracy navigation.

I wouldn't pay 100 for it as it is quite plasticy, but if if you could pick it up for around 35 it would a good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a nice watch......., 8 May 2014
I bought this watch about 10 years or so ago for about 25.
I can't believe it now costs 100 - even allowing for inflation.
I noticed that it's selling for $49.99 on amazon.com
which is about 27 and nearer to what
I paid for mine 10 years or so ago.
The watch itself is pretty good. Mine is still going strong. I'v had to replace the strap a few times and recently put a steel bracelet on it from another old Timex that had stopped working. The steel bracelet fits perfectly. The watch keeps good time. The alarm is a bit too low - barely audible. The light is okay. The compass works perfectly. You have to recalibrate it occasionally but it's just a matter of pressing the right buttons and laying the watch on a flat surface and then following the on-dial instructions to rotate it slowly twice
(two full turns) and then press the mode button to complete the calibration procedure and the compass is good to go. It's a nice durable watch and keeps good time but at 100?! You gotta be kiddin'! Right?
I think I'll order another one from amazon.com - when the time comes......

P.S. If you do buy the watch, you will probably want to clean it at some stage.
You may want to take the rotating bezel off. Be careful! Underneath the bezel
there are two little spring loaded click screws which will pop out
when you remove the rotating bezel. The click screws make the clicking
noise when you rotate the bezel in normal wear. If you remove the bezel to clean
the watch, make sure you do not lose the click screws. They are tiny
and almost impossible to locate if they fly out when the bezel
is removed.

2.0 out of 5 stars First Bad Buy At Amazon, 11 Dec 2013
When it arrived though, it was a BIG disappointment.
The watch seems to be made of plastic, it is so light and flimsy. the time is hard to read in certain lights, and the back light is useless !
It is the kind of watch that I would give to one of my children, and I would certainly not wear it when going out for the evening.
The packaging is also very cheap. ( I have seen thicker cereal boxes). There is not a watch box as such, so there is nothing to put the watch back in when not being used. the only thing that it comes in is a VERY thin cardboard box.
I cannot see why this watch is being sold for the price that it is, and the only reason that I am not sending it back is that I would have to pay another lot of postage.
I have seen BUDGET watches that are being sold for a lot less than this, and for this reason, I would NEVER buy another Timex watch again.
I will just say that I have made lots of purchases from Amazon in the past, and this is the only bad buy that I have made.
If I had to sum up this watch in two words, it would be BIG DISSAPOINTMENT !!!!!!
I am giving it two stars for the strap, and none for the watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Strap, Poor Display, 9 Jan 2014
Love the strap on this watch, it's been under water several times and has stood up to the challenge well and is still very comfortable to wear. However the display when you're not using the light is almost impossible to read in most conditions, you need a very bright day. The other issue is with the compass itself which varies massively on how you hold your wrist, tilting it up and down by a tiny amount can change the compass reading by 90 degrees, even keeping everything still on a flat service it can fluctuate +-30 degrees. I should have trusted my instinct and bought another Casio B001CZXB80

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and tacky., 12 Dec 2013
Like someone else, I bought this on black Friday, thinking I was getting a good deal. They watch feels like something out of a christmas cracker, I have owned other Timex watches and they looked and felt NOTHING like this. I don't know if some fakes have leaked into the supply chain at amazon, but this is NOT a quality watch. AVOID.

4.0 out of 5 stars just what i required works well and looks good. I think the write up did not mention ..., 14 July 2014
just what i required works well and looks good. I think the write up did not mention a date & day function this it does have

3.0 out of 5 stars good, could be great, 8 July 2014
i thought the watch was good but the strap quality needs looking at, this weekend whilst out camping, after only wearing the watch for 12 from out the box, the pin in the strap snapped, nowhere near good enough for a watch you would want when you're out and about. with a better strap it would be a brilliant watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 28 Jan 2014
I have lost this watch, I'm about to order another one, great little watch would recommend it if you are on a budget and want a great product!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for runners but great for 30, 10 Jan 2014
I bought this watch for running and training but it's not really up to the job as it doesn't have lap timer/memory mode.
Huge shame as I find it much better looking, perfectly sized and awesome strap compared to the ironman series.

The display is unclear looking directly down but it's generally fine on your wrist (where you have it at a angle)
Have yet to use the compass but I like the idea and looks, a good buy for 30, I will have to take a pen and paper for muti timing.

3.0 out of 5 stars not a good as advertised, 2 Jan 2014
I was expecting a better quality watch.

A bit too plasticky to me.

I ended up giving it to my son.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›