on 18 January 2014
I've always been a fan of Epson printers for the ease of use and excellent quality. 20 minutes from receiving the parcel I had it set up and ready to use. The printer is well packaged and comes with 4 individual inks. A quick driver installation and you're ready to go. Wifi setup was easy as pie and linked up with the Epson app on my Samsung Galaxy S4 seamlessly. I did a few test prints and they were better than expected. All round great printer.
on 1 December 2015
AVOID!! The printer prints fine, but don't underestimate how badly you will get ripped off with the ink cartridges. The printer has a bunch of inbuilt tricks to keep you shelling out regularly - it defaults to colour printing and as soon as you run out of one of the colours you cant print, even in greyscale or black and white; and it is impossible to set greyscale as a default (resets to colour on every print) so every time you hit print you need to manually adjust to greyscale.

I think anyone who rated this as 5 star would have done so before having to repeatedly shell out for a new cyan cartridge every week
on 28 November 2013
At first I went to buy another printer (Canon) but they ran out of stock and whilst in PC world was googling reviews of other printers as i needed to buy on the day for some emergency printing.

This printer was SO easy to set up following the CD step by step, and Epson have an app where you can install on iPhone/Android and print from your phone or tablet.

Printer came with ink in the box (didn't realise) so bought another pack of each colour...colours are separate, which is what I wanted and relatively cheap vs HP or Canon ink.

You can scan direct to Dropbox or other cloud services direct too...this printer also has an email address so if you email a document to the printer it prints it out for you!!! Amazing and very impressed with the buy.

Overall not too chunky!
on 19 May 2015
I replaced the black ink cartridge, and printed four A4 text with black ink only. I had printed only three colour A4 pages, previously when the printer refused to print. It showed the colour inks were low, but the black cartridge I had replaced was three quarters full. I replaced the three coloured cartridges, but it wouldn't print and showed the black cartridge as very low??? I hadn't used it since it showed three quarters full. Would NOT recommend this printer for obvious reason of cost of replacing cartridges that are three quarters full. Frustrating as there is no way to change this appalling rip off.
on 3 June 2014
1st things 1st
I will concede that I am an IT geek. However believe me I can still make an objective assessment of how easy it is to set up and use an IT.

OK, I pondered for a long while before getting that printer and my top requirements were:
- reasonably priced printer/scanner
- WIFI and cloud printing and scanning
- android support.

Additional features worth mentioning:

- it prints and scan flawlessly over WIFI from Android devices AND from Linux as well (see below for more details).
- it prints from the clouds (ie from your mobile phone) and can and email you scanned documents

It turns out that with this printer you can print/scan from Windows/Android/Linux (mint 16) over WIFI
you can also print from the cloud (android phone/tablet) and it also support Apple's Airprint and you scan

Set up tips for cloud printing (and epson Iconnect, which I recommend you set up too) and remote management :

Once connected to your WIFI network, from the display panel select "confirm wifi settings" and choose to print the status sheet which will give you the printer's IP address (likely to be starting from 192.168.).
Then in your Web browser address bar, type in the printer's IP address and navigate to it.
There you'll be presented with wizards to set up Google cloud, epson iconnect (to print and scan) and Airprint, printing.

To print and scan from Android, you'll need to download the Google cloud printing and/or Epson Iconnect App(s) from the android market (be aware though that AFAIK you can only scan with the epson Iconnect app).

Linux printing:
Get the drivers from [...]
(FAQ at [...])

As I am using Linux Mint 16 (KDE version), downloaded the deb packages (there're also RPMs)
Here are the packages I got (but by the time you read this, they may be superseded) and installed in the following order:

printing drivers:
- epson-inkjet-printer-201301w_1.0.0-1lsb3.2_i386.deb

scanning drivers:
- iscan-data_1.28.0-2_all.deb
- iscan-network-nt_1.1.1-1_i386.deb
- iscan_2.29.3-1~usb0.1.ltdl7_i386.deb

While for WIFI printing I had to set up a new printer and choose the epson's drivers, for scanning over WIFI with Xsan I didn't even need to set up, select, choose a scanner, etc.... Once installed the drivers, I I just hit "scan preview" and it worked and scanned there and then :-)

So ease of setting up, printing/scanning and functionalities with Linux (mint 16) is on par with Windows :-)

So bottom line, for me so far, not only this printer/scanner has been flawless but has exceeded my expectations.

I hope this review will help as many people as people.
Dominique
on 4 April 2016
This printer has never functioned well. It empties a cartridge of ink after printing roughly 20 pages and you are unable to print in black and white if any of the color cartridges are not working. It also only prints legibly if I select the highest quality option for printing, which takes a lot longer and uses quite a bit of ink.
on 29 July 2014
The prices of the cartridges are extortionate and the software is most user unfriendly. For example if one of the colour cartridges is empty it refuses to print EVEN A BLACK AND WHITE DOCUMENT!
A RIP OFF! There are pages of similar complaints from Epson users.
on 9 August 2014
really rather good, small and discreet; works as it should
on 7 January 2016
I believe this is the worst printer I've ever had the displeasure to use. It is slow, uses too much ink and worst of all broke within a very short period of time. Avoid like the plague.
on 12 August 2015
The old Epson, while still dependable IS far better with this update. Delighted with its looks, performance and value for money