5.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop
Can there be anything left to say about this awesome product ... ?
As a hobbyist photographer I only scratch the surface of it's might.
As a pensioner I wince at the price
Hardly a day goes by when I don't use it and at the time of writing this, I am not aware of anything else that comes even close.
Published 15 months ago by David

1.0 out of 5 stars Never turned up.
It hasn't turned up may sound stupid but don't know how to contact anyone to get it - is there something Obvious I am missing?
Published 5 months ago by Sally Woods

5.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop, 22 April 2013
Can there be anything left to say about this awesome product ... ?
As a hobbyist photographer I only scratch the surface of it's might.
As a pensioner I wince at the price

5.0 out of 5 stars vital tool, 22 Sep 2013
AS a freelance press photographer this is a vital tool to ensure my photographs look their best before I send them off to editors ( now we're no longer using film, yes I'm that old ! ).

5.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop Rules, 29 Mar 2014
I have been using photoshop for years now and I love it. There is nothing else which comes near to this. User friendly. Please do not stop making discs for this. I am not a fan of downloads or monthly subscriptions.

5.0 out of 5 stars An impressive upgrade, 16 May 2012
Matt Gemmell "iOS and OS X Developer" (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) - See all my reviews
I've been using Photoshop for years, pretty much always the latest version, and it's fair to say that not all upgrades have been equally significant. CS6 is genuinely a solid new version, with some very useful additions and tweaks.

I primarily use PS for software and web user interface designs and mockups, rather than photo editing or retouching. I work with large documents, dozens or hundreds of layers, and make heavy use of Layer Styles. If your job involves retouching, I'm still sure you'll find many worthwhile new features here (Content-Aware Patch, and Blur Gallery are prime examples), but my own experience naturally focuses on the type of work I do. Here's what I'm most enjoying in CS6:

1. True vector shapes. Shapes created with the various Shape tools now have genuine strokes as well as fills, as you may be familiar with from Adobe Illustrator. These are entirely independent of the Stroke Layer Style. You can apply a colour, gradient or pattern stroke to a shape (or disable the stroke entirely), and you can apply dashed, dotted and even custom line-gap-line-gap styles of line with your own choice of corner types, mitering etc. It opens up a lot of possibilities for scaleable graphic effects without using a lot of layers.

2. Global pixel-snapping. There's finally a global option (in Preferences) to make all vector tools and transforms auto-snap to the pixel grid, for sharp edges. They've also correspondingly refined the relationship between zoom-level and nudging (you can still get the old behaviour too). This saves so much hassle with partial-pixel anti-aliasing mess around the edges of shapes.

3. Layer search. You can now search the Layers palette, by Kind (pixel-based, adjustment, text, shape, or Smart Object), Name, Effect (Layer Style), compositing mode, label colour, and even a host of other properties like visibility, locked status, whether it has a layer mask applied, and more. Layers which don't match your search disappear from the Layers palette until you clear the search. It's incredibly useful, and instantly gets rid of the need to flip Groups open or closed just because you want to, say, copy a Layer Style from a particular layer that's deeply nested.

4. Layer Styles for Groups. You can now apply Layer Styles to Groups (the folders in the Layers palette), as well as to Layers themselves. You can do both, and the styles accumulate. You can achieve some previously pretty much impossible effects with this conceptually simple but incredibly powerful feature. You can even nest Groups and apply Layer Styles to them all, just as you'd want.

5. Editing improvements. You can now click on the canvas to create a shape, as well as dragging the shape out as before. You'll see a dialog letting you enter precise dimensions, which is a huge time-saver. When creating, moving or transforming shapes you'll see a mini-display beside the mouse pointer, showing appropriate information like width and height, or horizontal and vertical movement. Much nicer than having to watch the Info palette out of the corner of your eye while mousing around.

6. Speed. PS CS6 is noticeably faster to launch than CS5, and interactive effects are similarly faster. It also saves files in the background, so there's no delay before continuing work (you can switch that off too, if you like - which you might want to if you're saving enormous files regularly, or over the network).

It really seems to me that Adobe have (for once!) focused on improving the core features of Photoshop, rather than just adding esoteric things that only a handful of users will ever touch. CS6 is better in almost every way for about 70% of the stuff I do. I can recommend it without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
great product. very happy

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fantastic, 1 Jan 2014
So much better than CS4 and CS5 and great with Efex Pro Plug-ins. I got the CD version as I don't like the Cloud versions

5.0 out of 5 stars Steep learning curve, 1 Dec 2012
Well what can I say, it is the best one out there isn't it. But it is a steep learning curve. I also have Lightroom which is easier to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars the latest reincarnation from Adobe, 2 Oct 2012
Still the same format but with some improvements camera RAW is even better so still the best image processing package on the market and i got it for almost half price via Amazon so really pleased

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch, 12 April 2013
Robert Hall - See all my reviews
I have decided to rent Photoshop at 17.50 per month which is a good deal for me. I was using CS3 and the difference between the two is notable but the greatest benefit for me is the new Raw features such as Clarity, sharpness and other items. You get the latest Bridge with this as well which I use extensively. It is a very detailed program which maybe overkill for new ones to photo editing. It is well worth getting for professionals and very serious amateurs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my CS6, 1 April 2013
P. Whelan (UK) - See all my reviews
I have wanted the full version of PS for a very long time, but the cost was the main reason for not having it sooner. I have instead been using PS Elements 7 and then 9, which have served me very well, and have been a good introduction to the full version.
I also got Lightroom recently, but I use that rarely in favour of PS.

I bought CS6 having received an email offering a 'substantial' discount having purchased previous Adobe software and went for it.

Delighted with the full version, and great timing for me as CS6 has had a major revamp over previous versions. I often follow online tutorials for projects that I want to apply to my own images, and with the Elements packages I was often short of the correct tool or techniques shown to apply desired effects. Although in the bare infancy stages of PS CS6 with this I do have the capacity to follow instructions with all the right tools to apply what is needed.

Yes, it is quite a learning curve, but with regular use using its various tools, the familiarity gained helps to straighten out that curve in the direction of success.

Love it to bits, and I use CS6 over Elements even for simple tasks as it helps towards learning where to tools are. Incidentally, I also bought a course on CS6 training through Amazon at a hugely discounted price that I have not started just yet, and even if it fills in some of the gaps that I already know it will have been worth it at the price!

Adobe Photoshop CS6 (Mac)  [Download]