4.0 out of 5 stars Bringing back memories
Published 20 days ago by Michael C.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exciting anymore
I used to be an avid fan of Francis Matthews, and I still like him, but this collection is third rate, the plots are weak, I think I would prefer it on radio, he is a good actor though, sorry.
Published 5 months ago by Mrs. P. Robinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Bringing back memories, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Paul Temple: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Last time I saw this series was when it was first broadcasted back in 1969 to 1971. The quality of the recordings are very good especially those in colour. Out if the 52 Episodes broadcasted only 18 remain, some in black and white. They are dated compared to to-days drama and technology but many where filmed on location and in some exotic locations abroad. I decided to buy this collection on hearing the sad news of the death of it's star Francis Mathews, however, there is an interview of him reflecting on the series' and the anecdotes that creating this series produced. There is also a film and biography of the principal actors who took part in many of the episodes. I was just becoming a teenager when this was broadcasted and nostalgia can play tricks but I'm enjoying watching the DVD's. It would be nice for a new Paul Temple series brought up to date to be commissioned but still with the essence of the original.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Nostalgia Trip, 22 July 2014
M. L. Norton "Mark Norton" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paul Temple: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Bit like driving a classic car and finding it wanting, this TV series takes you back to the late 60s and early 70s and shows how much things have moved on, and I don't just mean the fashions. The first episode I watched has our hero racing around Malta in a Triumph Herald Convertible wearing a ridiculous get-up. Ros Drinkwater was quite foxy at the time though! Recommended as a nostalgia trip but you might find yourself falling asleep at the lack of pace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old TV programs., 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Paul Temple: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
nice to see some of those old series you did not see all of when they came out first time.

5.0 out of 5 stars FOND MEMORIES OF SEXY STEVE AND ELEGANT PAUL., 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Paul Temple: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Loved Steve and Paul. A pleasure to revisit the Seventies - a time when my concentration was poor after a road accident. Interested in the plot lines as a successful writer myself. Well produced with interesting commentaries. Interesting contenders in the thriller genre. Hope this doesn't count as 'promotional content' - probably not as I have not given the title of my book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not exciting anymore, 2 Feb 2014

Paul Temple: The Complete Collection [DVD]
Paul Temple: The Complete Collection [DVD] by Francis Matthews (DVD - 2013)
17.11