on 25 August 2001
This book is a compilation of "Confessions", stories sent in to Yachting Monthly magazine by it's readers, documenting their most amusing cock-ups whilst sailing. Perfect for those readers who always turn to the last page first, or in fact anyone who enjoys a giggle with those people who share their misfortunes in such a wonderfully comic style.
My only gripe is that I couldn't put it down, and finished the book within an hour's train journey - it could do with a few more stories... but fear not, there is a second edition coming out.
I would thoroughly recommend this light reading to anyone who knows how many opportunities for humiliation there are at sea.
on 26 February 2009
The illustrations are great too, not many but funny. In my personal point of view, to read about other's mistakes is a great way to avoid them. And if you ever get involved in an accident you can always think that once you read about this guy that .. well, it makes me feel better at least!

I loved it and read it in a go. Would recommend it to any sailor!
on 6 January 2011
Bought this as a table present for my girlfriend who is a keen sailor.

She thought it was hilarious & was pleased with it - gives her a few more anecdotes to bring up when shes at the yacht club!!!

In fact, Im sure there are a few devious sailors out there who could put this book to very good use & re-tell these as their own personal ripping good yarns!!! all good fun!
on 26 July 2010
I bought this book for my Dad who is a keen sailor. He said that it was very funny and had him chuckling throughout!
on 31 March 2012
Publically confessing your sailing sins can be a little embarrassing, as I know to my cost, so I take some comfort in the fact that I am not the only one to make the occasional gaff while stuck at the helm. This is a book you could learn a lot from, but more than that, it was interesting, funny and enjoyable . J.J. James (Author of Sailing Solo Alone).
on 14 February 2013
Semi serious but really funny. We had a good laugh about these stories but it made us think about all the times it had nearly happened to us
on 19 June 2015
Plenty of wry smiles and gentle chuckles! Something in the British psyche revels in others' misfortunes, and it's all the more amusing when they own up to it themselves!
on 12 April 2015
Great let's have some more!
They are all taken from the best magazine on the book shelf, and should not be hidden in the waste bin
on 10 September 2013
Always fun to read. All of us sailors have lessons to be learned from these pages. Some will have already learned them!
on 14 December 2013
I bought this book for my son as a table present at Christmas. Looks like a fun book for a keen sailor.