5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Mar. 2015
Having owned this speaker for a few weeks now i can safely say this is by far the best blutooth speaker in its catagory.
I tend to use this style of speaker often whilst cooking in a noisy kitchen, as a teaching aid for music playback and also for listening to music in the garden.
I have previously used speakers from "Phillips, Sony and Bush". This is just a completely different kettle of fish. The quality of sound compared to other similarly priced units is very noticable. Bass response is clear and NEVER distorts even when pushed to the limit. Trebbles and mids are punchy and and balanced with the bass well.
The fit and finish are second to none and the unit feels like it will outlast any rivals especially with the bespoke carry case. It also looks classy in black.
Connectivity could not be simpler. It looks like you can daisychain these together aswell which is a big bonus if you want extra power.
Although "Kit Sound" is a fairly new kid on the block, i would seriously consider looking into their speakers before going with some of the obvious manufacturers, i guarantee you will be surprised.
I am already looking into the hive headphones by Kit Sound as my next purchase.
Keep the products coming.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good device, easy to use, nice sound, can get a bit of a buzz when using the supplied 3.5mm cable, 21 April 2014
Overall it's a good piece of kit, sound is surprisingly deep and clear (especially if you put it on a nice resonant surface). Only thing that stops it being five stars is that sometimes if gets a high-frequency buzz / whine if you use the 3.5mm cable rather than bluetooth.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hive Rocks! Great sound, 5W of power, British Engineering, a fab case with carabiner and ultra matte black finish A++, 22 May 2015
Celticprincess "What you send out, comes back... (Scotland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
The first thing I noticed about the Hive as I call it, was how impressed I was by the quality of the box it arrived in. As an Apple girl I am used to quality products arriving in quality boxes. So, I set about taking it out of the box to find a really excellent quality jet black protective zippered hard case (in the shape of the Hive!) with an attached strong carabina so that I could hook my Hive safely to my backpack when out hiking if I wanted to etc. I was loving these features before I even got to using the Hive for the first time!

The Hive comes with its own built in Lithium-ion rechargeable battery and comes complete with a USB charging cable that you can charge your Hive with via a USB port on your computer or via a USB wall charger. I’ve charged it up by both methods over the past few weeks. It takes around 3 hours to fully charge the battery and you can see that it is in charging mode when the LED indicator light flashes red. To let you know its fully charged, the red LED indicator light will go out.

You can connect to your mobile, laptop or tablet easily via Bluetooth or the included 3.5mm Audio Cable and I have tested and used this unit liberally with my iPod Classic, iPhone 5s, iPad 4 Retina and MacBook Pro Retina, it worked brilliantly with all and no problems pairing at all with anything. Hubby has also used this with his iPod Nano but had to connect via the audio cable as his iPod does not have Bluetooth. The sound quality is brilliant regardless of the input unit. I’ve listened to music and audio books.

After fully draining the battery twice during testing I can confirm that I achieved the stated 10 hours of use from a single charge. If there is just one let-down with the Hive it is that you can’t passthrough and use it whilst its charging and I wish that was indeed a feature, but that’s the only thing I could complain about here and to be honest, most Bluetooth speakers don’t let you use whilst they are charging so maybe I am just being greedy here, its perfect in every way. I really love it, it meets my somewhat fussy standards in every way.

A really cool feature of the Hive is that it will turn itself off after 15 minutes if you’re not using it, so you’re not going to drain your battery if you forget to turn it off, but this feature only works when the unit is in Bluetooth mode.

A comprehensive instruction booklet is included which explains everything clearly and in plain English and it tells you everything you need to know.

This beautifully designed Bluetooth speaker is a wonder of British engineering. They’ve got everything just right. The shape which resembles the Bee’s home of the same name, the sound quality which is phenomenal, you get a whole 5W of power in such a small, portable and beautifully designed unit. If you like your high-end gadgets like me, you’ll love this. If you like the premium look and feel of matte black you’ll love the Hive, its seriously smooth to the touch on the outer.

Included in the box is:

> KitSound Pocket Hive Bluetooth Speaker
> Micro USB charge cable
> 3.5mm cable (nice long length)
> Carry case
> Instruction booklet

Its small, light, exceedingly well built, LOUD and POWERFUL and gives crystal clear sound and it costs a quarter of the price of the Bose Soundlink Mini that I bought when it first launched. Incredible value for money, truly.

I’ve taken this all over the place since I’ve had it to review and the sound quality has never failed to impress those around me. I’ve also taken to using the Hive when listening to my audio books, the sound quality is just so clear. Very impressive.

I was sent this model to review but I am so impressed my next purchase from here is going to be a Pink Hive, because it just looks great! and will look fab in my bedroom. The hexagonal passive bass radiator on the base of the unit does indeed provide deep and well-balanced sound and there is no distortion at all, even at high volumes.

As a gal one of the things I also love visually, is the pinky/purple LED light on the front of the Hive when its in use. Pretty cool.

The Hive rocks!

RECOMMENDED !!!

NOTE: I was contacted directly and was sent this product for free. I was asked to use it fully and to write an honest, unbiased review. My being given a free item in no way influenced my review of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality and sound from a such a small package., 7 Mar. 2015
SmileyPaul (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I use my pocket hive as a speaker for my phone and iPod for work.
The pocket hive was recommended to me by a friend as a replacement for my old work speakers.

The carry case is soft but robust enough to protect the speaker and has a handy little clip on it which is useful to hang it from a belt loop or rucksack.
There's a separate compartment in the top of the case which is big enough to house the 3.5mm aux input cable and a charge cable.

It's small size makes it easy to transport and it takes up next to no room wherever I use it.
It is so compact that It'll be ideal to take to festivals/ camping/ on holiday this year.

The Bluetooth, once setup, pairs quickly with my phone and I use the aux input connected to the phone jack on my iPod.
I haven't had any high pitched buzzing as reported on earlier reviews but my phone automatically pairs even when I use the aux.

The battery is as good as it says in the instructions and after an initial overnight charge I used the speaker for nearly two days without needing to recharge.

When I first tried the speaker I couldn't believe how punchy the sound was!
Considering it's barely 9cm tall and 8cm wide, the power and range of sound is quite simply staggering!
I've tried many different speaker options over the last couple of years and by comparison the Pocket hive Is louder, higher quality but much less expensive.

If a friend has another pocket hive you can link units together using 3.5mm jack to jack cables.... I haven't tried that yet but hope to soon.

All in all a fantastic speaker for the size.

5.0 out of 5 stars KitSound do it again with the Pocket Hive!, 1 Mar. 2015
...every single time that I use the Pocket Hive, I am completely blown away by the high quality that has been packed into such a small size!

The packaging is really fun - the hexagon speaker is in a clear plastic section, and below that is all of the details and specifications. Like all other KitSound products that I've had, I found it incredibly difficult to actually get into the product, but I guess the wait is always worth it. I discovered that as well as a great manual, the Pocket Hive came with a charging cable, an aux cable to connect it to something that didn't have Bluetooth, and a gorgeous soft touch carry case.

I was really eager to listen to my music, and as I always do, I listened to Mike Oldfield's 'Tubular Bells' first. I think that listening to the same song first time is always a good way to compare different speakers and headphones. I switched on the Pocket Hive, and the square around the 'ks' in the front flashed blue. It was really simple to connect my phone with Bluetooth, and then the flashing blue light became static.

As soon as I pressed play, I was astounded. The sound was so clear, and so loud! I couldn't believe that much volume could come out of such a small speaker! But what's even better than that is that even with high volume, the sound quality didn't diminish. Cheap tacky speakers often have that problem, but no matter what I listened to, the music sounded amazing.

I was also able to connect the Pocket Hive to my laptop through Bluetooth. It was just as simple, and made watching a film on it so much more enjoyable. The words were clearer, and the sound was much rounder than the tinny speakers of my computer.

The battery life of the Pocket Hive was another unexpected surprise - ten hours! It only takes a couple of hours to charge too, and when it's charging the square around the 'ks' glows red. I particularly liked the fact that when my husband used the Pocket Hive with his laptop and connected it with the cable (his laptop doesn't have Bluetooth) the square glowed purple! Such a nice way to combine them.

I'm a naturally perknickety person, but try as I will I simply cannot find anything to fault the Pocket Hive on. For the price that KitSound are asking, it's a marvel that they've created something so wonderful.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the price, no complaints from me!!, 5 Jan. 2015
Great little speaker, for the price!! - Without spending £100s on a portable speaker system, you can go for one like this KS Hive... Which is exactly what I did!! Very happy with the unit and the bass as previous reviews suggest is pretty potent for such a small device. The highs and mids do sound crisp and clear too. - I mainly listen to bass heavy music, such as Drum and Bass or Dubstep, which although performs well and the sound is nice and clear, turned up to full, it does tend to a have a little distortion with those genres. However, you only really need to turn it up full if using it outside in the Garden. In a small room, it fills the room nicely and on a flat hard surface, the bass delivers.

So all in all... For the price, no complaints from me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally love it!, 24 Feb. 2015
My KitSound collection is growing and this is my latest addition. It's just what I've come to expect from this company, style, value and quality. It's a nice size and perfect for travelling but it just has this amazing sound! My hubby has the larger Hive and I discovered that they can be linked together to get an even bigger sound if I want. To be honest, I don't think it's really necessary to do that when indoors but it's nice to know I can if we want to play music on family days to the park etc.
I also like that fact that it has a sticky bottom! As I use it in the kitchen, on the work top, it doesn't bounce around when the mixer is going full pelt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but mighty, 4 Dec. 2014
This review is from: KitSound Hive Bluetooth Wireless Portable Stereo Speaker for iPhone/iPad/Android/Windows Devices - Pink (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Received this little speaker and initially I thought 'this won't be very good' how wrong could I be?! It's a good solid build, nice switches and easy set up instructions. Light shows red when charging and green when fully charged, bonus that it's rechargeable too.........even tells you when you have 25% battery life left. I put some playlists over onto my iPhone and switched the Bluetooth on. It found the device immediately and I tested it out in my little photography studio today and quite frankly, it sounded fantastic! Well worth the money! Easy as pie!

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I bought 2 !, 4 Jun. 2015
I bought one of these to use with Spotify on my phone, thinking if it was good enough I would buy a second o e to daisy chain together. After a week I bought a second one, these are great little speakers. My wife has a hive speaker but I wanted the portability of a pocket hive
The sound quality for something so small is fantastic, yes its not a Hi-Fi but I use itehike travelling in a noisy truck on the motorway and it still packs enough sound. Having the second one is just my extravagance but well worth it. I certainly recommend these speakers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mind blowing sound, 3 Jan. 2014
This is my fourth Hive I have purchased. after buying my first one for my daughters birthday I was so impressed by the quality and crispness of the sound , I immediately bought another two, for my other daughters Christmas and one for my partner. The Bluetooth technology kicked in straight away and handled all equipment , iPads iPhones android phones and anything that has Bluetooth conectivity.