5.0 out of 5 stars Great Punchy Travel Speaker!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:56 Mins
A great speaker in my opinion. I did a little box opening season so you can see it in more detail then the pics but was really impressed by the build quality of this product! Remember - this is made by the same people who make the BoomDock and that thig is epic!
Published 22 months ago by Beardy_Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Good small speaker but slight hiss on aux connection.
Published 6 months ago by Thomas Cridland

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Punchy Travel Speaker!, 21 Mar. 2013
Beardy_Man (Bournemouth) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Length:: 6:56 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars I was still expecting to be disappointed, given the small size and low price, 28 Sept. 2014
Based on the positive reviews and having heard (and been frankly underwhelmed with) some of the comparable models available from other manufacturers first hand, I thought this was worth a go at this price... I was still expecting to be disappointed, given the small size and low price, but I was very pleasantly surprised! This kind of product generally has a tinny sound with a distorted, eye-watering bass, but that isn't the case here. I have now spent a weekend with the Hive, listening to a variety of music from dance to indie, and I've been impressed. I should start by saying I have used a friend's Bose unit of comparable size and found it had an excessively accentuated mid-bass and top end treble that seems initially impressive but is ultimately really tiresome to listen to for any length of time. On the other hand, whoever designed this unit should be congratulated for producing something that is really pleasant to listen to in the longer term. Of course, something this tiny can't compete with a full-size hi-fi, but it does an impressive job nonetheless. I still can't quite believe how much distortion-free volume it can produce from such tiny drive units. The passive bass port on the bottom sounds like a gimmick but actually works incredibly well and the overall sound is a nice, warm and rounded sound provided you put it on a hard surface (like a table) and close to a wall or similar reflecting surface. The money has definitely been spent on the critical ingredients here, so the carry case is just a basic velvet-fabric wallet with drawstring (still reasonable quality) and there are just the 3.5mm and micro-USB cables included; some people seem to rave about the packaging - yes, it's quite nice, but fortunately this isn't where the money has been spent either! Battery life better than quoted. Only downside is that at max volume it can eventually vibrate it's way off the table! All-in-all though, really the best unit in this class that cannot be beaten :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good device, easy to use, nice sound, can get a bit of a buzz when using the supplied 3.5mm cable, 21 April 2014
Overall it's a good piece of kit, sound is surprisingly deep and clear (especially if you put it on a nice resonant surface). Only thing that stops it being five stars is that sometimes if gets a high-frequency buzz / whine if you use the 3.5mm cable rather than bluetooth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not perfect, 2 Jan. 2015
I bought this speaker on the "Black Friday” sale at Amazon a few weeks back and is very nice little speaker with really good design. The sound is very clear but the speaker lacks the deep bass that I was looking for when playing music. The sound is good if you are listning to audio books but that was not my main reason for this purpose so I was a little bit dissapointed. It came with a small bag for the speaker, a normal USB micro charger cable and a flat no tangle 3.5mm to 3.5mm speaker cable if your device doesn’t have Bluetooth. Pairing it with my iPhone 6 was very simple and the battery time is also good.

Before buying this speaker I also looked at Bose SoundLink Mini and I actually got that speaker as a Christmas gift a week ago and I have now had chance to compare the two speakers side by side and I must say the sound quality of the Bose is outstanding especially the bass. I can crank up the volume really lound and it will completely fill the room with an excellent sound. I also like the docking station that Bose provides which means I always have a fully charged speaker that is ready to go. The Bose SoundLink Mini is however four times more expensive than the KitSound Hive and despite that I would still reccomend the Bose SoundLink Mini because of the sound quality and in the end that is why you buy a speaker. Don’t get me wrong the KitSound Hive is an amazing value for money but it will not give you the same sound experience.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good small speaker but slight hiss on aux connection., 29 July 2014
Good looking speaker, not quite as big as imagined, but very portable. Bluetooth connects quickly and easily, and one charge lasts a good 4 hours on constant use via bluetooth. We had this by the pool on holiday and if you place it well can deliver a very nice sound, no noticable distortion at full volume. It's not quite loud enough to compete against lots of other noise, so it might not be big enough for a park or beach etc if you have a lot of people about, but indoors works fine. The only problem with this speaker, that others have noticed as well, is that there is a very annoying intermittant hissing / static noise when connecting a phone / laptop via the 3.5mm aux cable. Other than that it would be 5*

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product--small, bluetooth, deep sound, 12 Dec. 2014
This thing sounds amazing for its size. It doesn't go mega-loud, but packs a punch--however, volume aside, what is good is the quality of the sound the speaker eminates. Bluetooth works great with my phone also. I took it on a work trip for 2 weeks and used in the hotel room just to listen to background music in evenings or when getting ready to go out, etc. It was amazing--not least because it is so small. My only complaint is that it has developed a faint buzz when I plug in using a 3.5mm jack cable. But I still like it enough to give 5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loud, bassy, solidly built., 3 Dec. 2014
Sound - loud! The volume this small speaker delivers is surprising, with no distortion. Very capable of filling a room. Bass is adequate, and beyond what would be expected from it's size.

Build quality - the speaker feels really solid, and has a soft touch coating to give it a more premium feel. No creaks or rattles, and the buttons have a solid click to them when pressed.

I can't recommend this speaker enough, particularly considering the price you pay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful speaker for the money, 25 Jan. 2014
Neil Davison (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was lucky enough to buy this speaker as part of the Amazon Black Friday deals and i was VERY fortunate. This really is a truly wonderful speaker. The bass is deep and rich and the sound is crisp and clean. It is so small and compact but produces a wonderful sound. I also have a Sonos system and I selected this over the Play:One and i have no regrets.
I am using this is my fairly small study and in a small room it is amazing. Of course it may be different in a larger space but for a smaller to medium size room i cannot recommend it enough. It is fantastic value for money even for the price on Amazon now (25/01/14)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice and loud and compact, 2 Oct. 2014
J. Petty "joapet" (London) - See all my reviews
This speaker is really easy to set up and is compatible with most devices. Only problem is that there is no wall charger - luckily it uses a micro USB charger so I've got a few spare chargers changing around.

The sound is really loud and we use this speaker in our office for background noise. It's not the most amazing quality in the world, but for £50 it did the job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Sept. 2014
These are a great design. The sound quality is fantastic considering the price and the size. They are easy to use and a great portable way to ensure you can listen to your music wherever you are. I even took them along camping. The battery life is good, it is compatible with a samsung phone charger as well which is handy. Really good portable speaker, well worth the money