5.0 out of 5 stars Great Punchy Travel Speaker!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 6:56 Mins
A great speaker in my opinion. I did a little box opening season so you can see it in more detail then the pics but was really impressed by the build quality of this product! Remember - this is made by the same people who make the BoomDock and that thig is epic!
Published 16 months ago by Beardy_Man

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not for silent music or audiobooks...
Published 5 months ago by A. F.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Punchy Travel Speaker!, 21 Mar 2013
Length:: 6:56 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars The Bee's Knees, 25 Mar 2014
I bought one of these units previously but had to return it due to the high pitched whining/ hissing noise problem. But, given the other good reviews, I thought I'd give it another go as it seemed likely that there was a duff run at the KitSound factory, and I didn't want anything smaller.

I'm glad I did try again, as I got a new one and so far it has been perfect. I also got a Bluetooth capable phone recently and found it connected immediately to my phone, and the signal stretched between rooms also. The 'Aux In' also worked fine this time.

The unit is surprisingly good at reproducing lower frequencies, and otherwise has a pretty good range for a small unit. The build quality is polished and it feels quite robust. It's also pretty damn loud. I can also confirm that this JUST fits in the pocket of a pair off skinny jeans, so it really is a mobile unit.

So, if you buy one of these and get unlucky with a unit that has whining or noise, then try again like me and you might find you get a good unit.

By comparison, I also got one of those X-Mini II units for my mum and of course while that unit is much more compact, it only has half the sonic wallop of this one with none of the lower range that the Hive has, so I am pleased I persisted with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly powerful, 31 Jan 2014
I was expecting some quality but not as much as I encountered with this little powerhouse of a speaker. It is not only bassy but there is NO distortion at all at high volumes. Pairing was as simple as taking candy from a kid and it is now paired to my phone, nexus 7 as well as recently acquired ipad air. Lovely bit of kit that will come in handy for watching movies downloaded on my ipad air and google nexus 7. Buy it...you wont regret it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the money - but not Bose!, 12 April 2014
Clear sound, well built - volume though good for size is nothing like the Bose - but is is a 1/4 of the Bose price.

So, not bad for the money - but probably best to buy the Bose if you've got the cash.

Volume at max not great - just adequate.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW - So small yet such a BIG SOUND, 4 Jan 2014
Mrs T (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Okay - I knew this had good reviews and is sold by a few reputable retailers, and there was a promotion on this over the Christmas period on here at Amazon......we wanted something we could easily move around the house, room to room, have in the kitchen when cooking a meal, teenage daughter can use when doing her art coursework.....we have a sound dock in the lounge we got 2 years ago. that is fabulous but way too heavy for this purpose....and after Christmas we didn't want to spend a fortune ......WELL, this is perfect. We Bluetoothed to it from numerous phones in the house and the sound was amazing, to say how small and lightweight this device is. Once charged it can hold the charge for 8-10 hours. For anyone on a budget wanting a portable sound dock and not worrying about dropping it, this is perfect. The bass comes from speakers underneath. Opening this is like 'pass the parcel', except when you get to the sound dock you will go ''how small ?'' - don't worry, just try it and be amazed like we were.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain for the price, 31 Dec 2013
Was bought for me for Xmas and the sound is very good for what was paid. A good budget challenger for the Bose speakers of the same size.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great, but not for silent music or audiobooks..., 5 Feb 2014
Has a good, deep sound and much better bass than other small speakers I've tried. Great battery life too. I really like that it can play quite loud. The build quality seems to be good. But I'm disappointed with the constant sound, sort of whiz or sough, that you can hear, when you play silent or classical music or while playing audiobooks. It's really annoying. You can't hear it if you play rock or pop music on higher volume. I tried the aux and there is, like mentioned in other reviews, an irritating beep sound, like it tries to make a Bluetooth connection. It disappears when turning Bluetooth on (at the same time).
We'll, I bought this for all round use, so right now I have a discussion with myself if I will keep it or return the speaker...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 20 Aug 2013
This product delivers on every front. It looks beautiful, it's of great quality construction, the sound it produces is off the chart. A deep, full sound, not at all what I expected from a small speaker. It's very easy to use too. This is product design done right, I would throughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars purrrrrrrrrrfect!, 28 Nov 2013
A great set of speakers.... well worth the money (33 Black Friday Amazon sale). To be honest, if I'd seen the speakers before I bought them I'd have paid more. Punchy bass and clear vocals, with a quality matt finish and a cover to (try) and keep it that way ;-P

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Speaker, 19 Sep 2013
Superb sound from a small speaker,was put up against a a much dearer speaker and won hands down with my colleagues.