5.0 out of 5 stars First Really Brilliant W8 Touchscreen Tablet Ultrabook
I was looking for an all round device that would work both as a tablet and a PC - at a price that's affordable. This is it.

Published 19 months ago by M. G. Chisholm

1.0 out of 5 stars I am most disappointed with this Acer Ultrabook
I am most disappointed with this Acer Ultrabook, within 9 months of purchase the touchscreen failed and it had to go back to Acer for repair.
Published 6 months ago by P B.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Really Brilliant W8 Touchscreen Tablet Ultrabook, 22 Oct. 2013
M. G. Chisholm "chiefengineer3" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Acer Aspire P3 11.6-inch Touchscreen Hybrid Ultrabook with Keyboard Cover (Silver) - (Intel Core i3 3229Y, 2GB RAM, 60GB SSD, WLAN, BT, 2x Camera, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)

I'm not going to go into the good and bad of W8 because even after using W8 since the day it was released, I'm still not sure if I like it or not. Certainly on a normal PC it's a pain. On a tablet it makes more sense which is why I really rate this one.

Build quality is excellent and I have no issues with it. Solid, sized nicely for normal tablet use and has enough weight to feel proper but is light enough to not be a drag.

Performance is seriously much, much better than the specs seem to suggest. I have a Dell laptop with a P7 I use for work which is dog slow in comparison. From start up to being usable takes less than 5 seconds. Honestly. Each time I switch it on I still am slightly surprised that it's up and running before I can move my chair. Typically I switch on my PC or laptop and then go make a cuppa by which time the laborious start up has been done and life can begin. This Acer has ruined that routine because it's so quick.

It runs very smoothly with no lag that I can see.

The nice thing about running a full version of Windows is that you can install proper 3rd party programs. I have installed Adobe Photoshop Elements for instance, which runs very well indeed.

Key board doubles up as a thin cover and is Bluetooth connected. You charge it using a micro USB from the P3 full sized USB port. I've done that twice in three months. In use it's reasonable. Not as good as a proper keyboard by any means but much better than trying to type on a touchscreen which of course is an option if you feel that way or you are using this in tablet mode.

There is one full sized USB port and a micro HDMI one. No memory expansion which brings me to the one downside.

Hard drive space. This is fitted with a 60gb SSD which is okay, but nearly half of it is used up with the W8 install and the ACER programs. Even now I've removed all the pre-installed stuff it still seems to use up around 24gb for the W8 installation which does not match what I have on my PC which is around 4Gb.

Overally though this is currently the best value all round W8 ultrabook/tablet that I can think of. Really impressed with this.

1.0 out of 5 stars I am most disappointed with this Acer Ultrabook, 27 Nov. 2014
3 months later touchscreen and keyboard failed and back it went for further repairs. As I only use it when travelling it has not been used much, so I feel I must have a "friday afternoon" job, which has put me off considering this brand when I need to buy a replacement.

4.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 26 Jun. 2014
would have prefered a chromebook as i mainly surf the net..however for a windows 8 lover this is an awesome machine.