4.0 out of 5 stars New direction.
This album is, in my opinion, another success for the British band. While at the moment I still prefer 'Fools and worthless liars', Old souls definitely has some exceptional tracks and has been enjoyed upon every listen while it has been on repeat since it was purchased. Looking forward to seeing the tracks performed live in October.
Published 22 months ago by Zademandel

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
good album
Published 8 months ago by robert chaffe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars New direction., 17 Sept. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars one step sideways, one step back, 16 Sept. 2013
Oliver Watson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Souls (Audio CD)
make no mistake, this is a good album with some really good songs, the band are clearly a talented lot and the 2 new guys that have joined the band since the last album have added a new dimension, it's well worth a listen thats for sure

BUT

this is a band that was looking like the next big thing, four young lads who were making powerful choruses, meaningful lyrics and some amazing acoustic versions of their songs to boot. I was hoping this would be the album that would make them, where they would step forward into the mainstream light without losing what made them establish such a strong core fanbase. It didnt happen, despite some great songs on the album (Everybody's Dancing and I Want To Die/Night Drives) it is, in my opinion, just about level with FAWL's.

A great album no doubt, but not quite the follow-up album a lot were expecting

5.0 out of 5 stars I wrote this review for you to see, that no other CD really matters much to me., 12 May 2015
This review is from: Old Souls (Audio CD)
Have had this album in my car on repeat for weeks and I haven't even begun to get tired of it. I loved Deaf Havana's last album but this really is a step up. Easily one of my favourite albums... from any band.

Not only are the songs great in themselves, but the lyrics are such masterpieces that you can't help but be caught up in them. Not enough bands focus on the quality of lyrics nowadays, but with Deaf Havana you really feel the meaning behind them.

Personally, Night Drives is not only my favourite song on the album, but my second favourite DH song of all time (Hunstanton Pier still reigns supreme. "In my heeaaart and in myyy soouuulll....")

So in other words, if you love Deaf Havana, you will love this album... and you can't help but love Deaf Havana.. so really you can't help but love this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars So. So. Good., 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Old Souls [Cd+Dvd] (Audio CD)
I've been listening to Deaf Havana for a long time and, admittedly, my interest began to slowly wane shortly after the departure of Ryan Mellor. A friend got me to listen to Old Souls the week of its release and I'm so, so glad I did. It's not like their old material and that's fine - they'd be a boring band if they were just replicating their previous music. I think a part of me actually prefers this sound. I've listened to this album back-to-front numerous times. In fact, I'm doing that right now. Buy it. It's so worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Album, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Old Souls (MP3 Download)
Purchased this album after seeing them Live at Cardiff Students Union. The album is as good as they were live.

4.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Old Souls (MP3 Download)
My introduction to this band and I wasn't disappointed. Good, catchy tunes that will have you constantly listening to this album. Only one mediocre track, Padro Pio, otherwise I'd have given it 5 stars. Enjoy it !!

5.0 out of 5 stars top, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Old Souls (MP3 Download)
Deaf Havana are my favourite band, brilliant album, hopeful to see them live. One of the few bands that are as good live if not better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Old souls, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Old Souls (MP3 Download)
Saw them in concert and loved them, so I had to go and purchase this album, fabulous music, highly recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Up there with the current best, 30 Oct. 2013
M. Walker (Holmfirth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Old Souls (MP3 Download)
Along with Albany Down this band are simply the best new British rock band around, another beautifully crafted collection to match their 5 star debut album.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 19 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Old Souls (MP3 Download)
album is amazing, as to be predicted with deaf havana, slighlty calmer than previous albums that they have released. EIGHT

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Old Souls
Old Souls by Deaf Havana (Audio CD - 2013)