Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£1.29

on 11 June 2013
Having plumped for the dubby 12" of "Heaven" I decided to ring the changes and go for the maxi-CD with its 6 vocal mixes. Most of these mixes do feature pretty much all the song, and vary from the isolational disaster of the Black Asteroid Mix (zero stars for that one, just plain annoying), through the club-tinged Steve vs Jacques lead mix, to 2 rather interesting takes by Billy F Gibbons & Joe Hardy and Gregor Tresher.

The BFG & JH mix really follows the song structure, but rather than extending with sparse electro breaks, plump for the rockier guitar sound and some harsh(ish) drum overlays. This mix really works for me, as a fan longing for some good old-fashioned extended mixes with just a few extra elements added - this is probably the closest we'll get to a remix that sounds like the band/producers had any input! Worth the entry price of the maxi alone. The Gregor Tresher mix is also a marked departure from 4:4 repetitivness, and gradually builds before a rather unusual fade-out structure. Greg has also contributed a pretty decent 4:4 mix to the 12" (they are not the same mix), so he's definitely not let the side down.

Unlike "Peace" maxi, where I found nothing to love in its 40 odd minutes, 2 mixes on this maxi make this worth checking out, and if edgey club mixes are more your thang then the lead mix here will probably not disappoint.

Just avoid track 5 at all costs!
on 13 June 2013
Whatever happened to the plain old extended remix? I, like a vast number of DM fans, are getting on a bit and as much as it pains me, I have to say this is an awful release. Each song bares the minutest resemblance to the superb album version and each has been remixed by a nobody, at least to me. I can understand the need to reach out and pull in new fans but every one of these songs is soulless. I thought this was going to be a single, if so where is the original version? I do it every time out of some loyalty to DM, I purchase their single releases and everytime I am disappointed. They obviously have no input or say into what remixes get released because I'm sure that if they listened to this set of remixes they'd be embarrassed. Bring back the old format of the extended version for God's sake because if these talentless 'djs' or whatever they do obviously have no ear for music. No wonder British music is in the state it is if the so called 'real' bands allow this to go out bearing their name!
Awful, truly awful.
on 5 March 2015
Depeche Mode from day one until the mid 90s used to produce the best 12" versions out there
Each a classic you'd play again and again...often the versions used live.
These days the 12"s are mixed beyond recognition of the original song with no thought of quality or the listener.
I wonder if the band themselves even hear these mixes???
The song itself is really good, the album Delta Machine amazing, the 12"s are throughtless and unlistenable
The Mode have always been partial to an in your face remix, and the four extended versions of current single Soothe My Soul from their Delta Machine LP are all excellent. Standout for me however is the Destructo remix on side 2; it captures all the bombast and synthesized steel of the track, whilst transforming into something that feels almost completely alien from the original. Another triumph for Basildon's finest pop export.
on 26 April 2014
Another great record from Delta Machine with some great mixes as you would expect from the Mighty Mode. One of the highlights of the album.
on 6 September 2015
As it is brand new and wrapped that is the way it will stay in my collection
on 20 September 2013
A friend bought several new Depeche Mode CD singles. He played this one from beginning to end. I quickly came to the conclusion this is monotonous garbage. One track is more than enough. I'm tempted to put it through the shredder when he's not looking.
on 10 April 2015
Depeche always great mixes !!!
on 27 November 2015