5.0 out of 5 stars Great compilation!
Published 21 months ago by Me@VIP

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointed
I had high hopes for this box set but felt a bit let down by the selection of tracks. I have dozens of box sets like this one and love them. This time I feel I have wasted my money. Pacha could have done better. Lots of the 90s tracks are the same as other comoilations. This box set will definately collect dust and won't be in my car! Sorry Pacha.
Published 20 months ago by Vera in Kent

5.0 out of 5 stars Great compilation!, 6 Jun. 2013
First off I must say that the person who left 1 star for this album obviously isn't into dance music and that is quite evident when he says that he doesn't know hardly any of the tracks, in that case why buy it and why leave a bad review? Excuse me but I'm pretty sure that Pacha Ibiza was a Dance Club? Personally I think this compilation is brilliant! A great diverse choice of quality tunes, you can't go wrong with the likes of Joe Smooth's Promised Land, The Nightwrighters Let The Music Use You, Ce Ce Rogers classic Someday, Mr Fingers Can You Feel It and Frankie Knuckles Your Love, all absolute classics in their own right and mixed a lot better than some of the recent Ministry compilations, plus love the cheesy Grand Piano mash-up on disc 3, a refreshing change! Cassius the Sound Of Violence on disc 1 is such a huge tune together with Afro Medusa's Pasilda, Disc 2 features some 90s Old Skool and Disc 4 takes us back to the 70s Disco era. There are nearly 80 tracks on here for around a tenner, I don't think you can say that's not great value for money? I love it and that's my personal opinion and I'm sure other purchasers will agree with me? Let's see?

4.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag, but great value all the same, 31 May 2013
jon from essex (Ampthill, Bedfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pacha Ibiza 40 Years 1973-2013 [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Given the rather bizarre 1 star review for this I felt compelled to write something of my own. There are 4 genres on hear, representing the 40 years in the titles. In reverse chronological order we start with contemporary in your face house, not really my bag but no doubt great for lightsticks, jaegerbombs and other stimulants, the next two sections stage move around 80's and 90's house and there's a few great tracks (Move your body, Promised Land, Good Life etc) along with a few that were good in the day but sound a little dated now.

The last mix delves into disco and funk and again has some real belters and a few that are not.

Out of 77 tracks your easily going to get 20 that you like (I would have thought), so worth the £6.49.

Thus far I've only listened to mix 1 and mix 4, and on the evidence don't think I'll bother with 3 and 2. The seguing frankly honks on 4 and 1 carries no skill, all clean cross fades but utterly soul-less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 14 Nov. 2014
As others have pointed out. This is a compilation of tracks from 40 years of one of the most significant clubs ever, almost certainly the longest running brand. To not like any of the tracks would indicate a naivety to the dance genre that would suggest you may be better off selecting "Now that's what i call music" 12 or something.

The tracks in this compilation i',m taking it as representative of what the "People" have done star jumps to in the last 40 years. Thus people, don't start with "these tracks are on one album or another" because anthems are errr popular. You can probably tell I'm and advocate of this album and that's because it does what it says on the tin.

If the "feelin" of house is within you then you could do a lot worse than hook yourself up with this particularly if you were born any time in the last 25 years as it gives a great chronological experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than your average compilation, 28 Jun. 2013
A great selection of tracks with a healthy mixture of the expected and unexpected. Some genuine rareities and tunes I hadn't heard for years - Touch Me by Fonda Rae! If you're bored with the usual compilations, this is for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars great album, 27 Sept. 2013
Great set of 4 cds from different eras must have for the house, garage fan
bought 1 off amazon early and the price was only £7 pounds plus postage. went to order another for my brother and price as gone up to £11? anyways worth buying

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic album and great in the car or gym, 27 Aug. 2013
i think this is one of the best albums i'\ve purchased in quite a while.
if you have any slight love of 90's dance music and
If you dont feel in a better mood after listening to cd 3 there is something wrong and you need medication !!
a great buy !

5.0 out of 5 stars Cd, 12 Aug. 2013
Loved this cd brought, back all the old memories, lots of old classics, would recommend, v good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Epic!, 6 July 2013
This album is everything I hoped and much more. As you travel through time listening to the discs it is guaranteed to put a smile on anyone's face as they hear sounds that take them back in time. My must buy album of dance for 2013.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia, 28 Jun. 2013
A friend recommended this to me and it's got loads of great songs on it. I bought it for the old raving music but even the newer stuff I hadn't heard before I liked. Great Summer tracks! Hoops value prompt delivery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Pacha Ibiza 40 Years 1973-2013 [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
What a fantastic compilation of beautiful hits.Very impressed!