4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, comfortable and sounds good
Customer Video Review     Length:: 3:18 Mins
I have used skullcandy in the past and have always been skeptical about another headphone that just looks good with no performance to show for the price. The navigator is a prime example of a pair of headphones that combines style, quality and size very well. It is small, light weight and the foam used on the ear cups are very nice...
Published 23 months ago by GadgetsBoy

2.0 out of 5 stars In Depth Review - Mush Try Harder
Test equipment - iPhone 4S, standard iPod player.

Given that these are by Skullcandy the design is remarkably straightforward, restrained even. They were comfortable on my ears and cut out quite a lot of the ambient noise.

Published 18 months ago by Peri Urban

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish, comfortable and sounds good, 4 July 2013
Length:: 3:18 Mins

If you find yourself travelling with it, you have a carry case and if you use it on the plane for example and fell asleep, it will not be poking you when you are trying to sleep. The sound quality if good as well and worked well with wide variety of genres, I tried it with RnB, Hip Hop, Pop, Classical, I don't listen to Rock music but I tried it out to make sure and it handles them well.

The lightweight is a bonus because you can wrap it around your neck and not feel a thing there. It also has inline control for changing tracks, volume and for phone calls too so for the price it is definitely a good purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable value - nothing comes close at this price, 9 Aug. 2013
O E J - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I knew nothing about Skullcandy headphones before taking ownership of the Navigator. I had, I guess, assumed that it was a brand that appealed to those who like to be cool, whatever that means. Coolness for the sake of coolness, maybe. I must admit, it was not a brand that I ever took seriously.

I do now. These are 'proper' headphones and worthy of being compared to anything else at the price. I ordered my Navigator in August 2013 when the price was around £100, and they were pretty good compared to several other headphones at the same price at that time. Now at well under £30 I think they're fantastic value.

There was a bit of a surprise for me at first however. Initial sound trial proved to be very short-lived, as I plugged these 'phones into a Luxman amplifier and the sound was terrible - distorted, massively overblown and I thought there must be some technical fault. There wasn't; I soon discovered that these are very sensitive and designed to work with very low-output devices because as soon as an iPad was hooked up - no problems at all, in fact it was an immediately pleasant experience. Same story with an iPod Nano, a few mobile phones and a couple of laptops. And although I'm not sure, I think that at the time of delivery the Navigator was selling for over £100.

Today the price is almost astonishing. I normally use a pair of Klipsch Image One On-Ear Headphones, which have also tumbled in price over the past year, and although I prefer them, the Skullcandy headphones are not made to sound (or look) silly in comparison. I have to admit though that in terms of comfort and dryness, the Skullcandy takes the honours.

These are surely the key criteria in choosing headphones : Sound quality, Build quality, comfort, and price. I believe that in all four parameters the Navigator has a tick in the box - they're very good in all of those areas, including good and fair value for money. The only thing I don't like about them is the name Skullcandy, which I feel is as likely to deter some potential buyers as it is to attract them. Now that I have used them for a few weeks though I can state that they're up there with all of the other well-known brands such as Sennheiser, Bose, Klipsch, Shure, Beyer, Audio-Technica and AKG (all of which I either own or have recently owned). Ideally of course they should be tried before purchase, but that's one of the risks of buying on-line I suppose. Still, these Navigator headphones are unlikely to disappoint. Personally I am very pleased with them, and the value is unbeatable.

5.0 out of 5 stars These have Navigated me to a Rave Review, 17 July 2013
First off, the packaging for the Navigators has been well designed in-line with the other Skullcandy ranges, which ultimately sets them up as well presented brand. For people that do not know Skullcandy, although I cannot imagine there are many, this will definitely help depict their ethos as a stylish, high quality brand.

Now, whilst the packaging is nice and clean, it doesn't have a plastic window so you cannot see the actual headphones. This would usually be a bit annoying, however; luckily the graphics and the image on the front directly replicate the product itself. The headphones are nicely folded away in the box and well protected in a plastic bag, and the cord is also wrapped up separately so there is no tangling. These headphones also come with a Skullcandy branded cloth bag to keep them protected when they are not being used. Most of the time I keep them round my neck because they look just that good, but for times when I have to take them off, this bag is a handy little bonus.

Now, the metal construction, which although does feel slightly flimsy, is actually pretty durable, and it is actually a great design feature as it works with them being adjustable and able to fold them away and fit them nicely in your bag. A Sturdy, rigid pair would just add extra bulk which is unnecessary, and not really what you want to be carrying around. Because these are small and lightweight, they also sit so comfortably on my ears, and the collapsible ear pads are nice and soft too, with the skullcandy motif. I was sceptical about on-ears leaking sound, but don't get me wrong the sound rocks too!

So, whilst these headphones look stylish, and have a stunning design, they are not just about fashion. Skullcandy is known for being fashionable, but these really are amazing quality despite what other people may say. The sound sits with one of the better quality pairs that I have used, and can I just say I have tried and tested many!

Once the 2.5mm part has been clicked into position, the sound quality was perfect, I was able to listen to a broad range of music genres on my iPod and even tried some heavy metal in there just to see how they held up. They did extremely well. So with distortion free bass response at high volume, they definitely do not hold back on style or sound.

The flat tangle resistant cable is detachable, which means that if you're not listening to music you can still wear them round your neck without any wires, they're just that trendy. Another handy feature that these have is an in-line mic which is ideal for taking or making phone calls. The mic picked up all sound when I was making a call and there was no need to lift it up to my mouth to speak, it also has volume control to adjust the sound and track control. A perfect handsfree headset, making it useful to use with my iPhone as well as listening to music.

The cost of this model, while not the cheapest and not a budget option, they will not break the bank either, and it is a great price to pay for style and sound. When looking for headphones, you look for the overall design as well as the sound quality, well all I can say is that Skullcandy have cracked it with these. In my opinion these are worth it. Skullcandy have created a winning product here and have navigated me to a rave review!

4.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with sound quality and overall style! (Aviator in bright pink), 7 Mar. 2015
Purchased these on offer and have to say I am delighted with them. The sound quality is excellent providing great bass. They sit really comfortably on the ear and even stay in place throughout a varied gym workout. I have the pink aviator style and love them as they are a bit different to the regular round type most are wearing...great to be a bit different and have noticed plenty admiring them! Quality is good, they adjust well and fold for ease of carrying in the bag which comes with them. They are so nice however, you won't put them in the bag as you'll wear them around your neck when not using. Delighted and highly recommend. Get them at a reduced price as I wouldn't pay full price for them but that's just because I love a bargain! ;-)

2.0 out of 5 stars In Depth Review - Mush Try Harder, 16 Nov. 2013
Peri Urban "periurban" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Test equipment - iPhone 4S, standard iPod player.

The bass was emphasised, but nicely controlled and quite articulate. However, treble was soft and the whole upper part of the sound seemed to lack definition and separation.

More problematic was the failure to handle dynamics, where things began to sound very mushy very quickly. They sounded a lot cheaper than they are, and at this price range (£50-£60)there are better buys out there.

Difficult to recommend over the competition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chuffed to bits!, 22 April 2015
I was literally speechless when I tried this on for the first time. As a lover of bass headphones, I wasn't expecting much from these especially for the price I got them. But after about three hours of using these and trying some EQ modifications, I was so impressed.
I have some £350 headphone (you-know-who :) but the only difference between this set and those was just the slightly muddy bass (which isn't so bad) and the slightly unbalanced mids and highs (you can live with this).
Although obviously these headphones are targeted at the fashionistas, it begs the question of how durable the plastic ear cups would last if it takes a great fall.
All these faults and a five star rating you might ask, it's simply because they were a steal for the price I got them (less than £20!)

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10 would recommend, 5 April 2015
headphones arrived promptly and on time, very happy with the product. Headphones look very nice and the quality of sound is AMAZING it does a good job at blocking ot sound 10/10 would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Mum loved it!, 2 Mar. 2014
I bought these for my mum for christmas and she loves them, I cant comment on audio quality since I haven't even tried them on! But she uses them for Netflix all the time with her iPad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy customer!, 15 Mar. 2015
Just what I wanted. Pink color is accurate and very feminine:) New and comes well packaged. True to description. Sound is perfect I zone out when I have them on! Loving them!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 6 Nov. 2013
I bought these for Xmas for my daughter they have great sound and very good quality materials.My only concern is the lead is very hard to pull out of the head phones.