Format: Audio CDChange

on 21 October 2013
I think this album needs a few plays to get into it fully but it then definitely grows on you the more that you hear it. The band have their own unique sound and the songs have an easy mellow sound to them, I first heard them on the radio and liked the songs so bought the album. Would recommend if you fancy something a bit different to listen to.
on 20 February 2014
Thoroughly enjoyable. Great production, but you can equally imagine them translating it wonderfully onstage. Holds up to multiple listens . Boyfriend reckons it's even a contender to be played in his car. In 18 months I've heard nothing but radio except when I've been in control - praise indeed!
Thank you 6music for the introduction.
on 29 January 2014
Saw them at the Green Man festival 2013. Really good. Came back and the album was not yet available so I had to wait. They are just starting to get uk airpkay via radio 1 in 2014. Worth seeing live. Good cd but slightly over produced as the raw drum sounds live was amazing but it is lost to some extent. Catchy tunes.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
A real grower with gentle vocals and music that hooks you in and doen't detract from the singing. I really like this but it was not an album that jumped out at me immediately, I just found myself choosing toplay this more and more often.
One of those bands you discover by accident and grow to love.
on 27 November 2013
Bought the album when released, and still playing and playing. Went to see them live at L'ubu in Rennes and they were excellent. Gifted musicians who can not only sing but each play a multitude of instruments. Fantastic night and what an album for the collection. Buy it, it will not disappoint.
on 21 October 2013
This cd arrived on time and in excellent condition I first hear this group on you tube and so pleased that your company has enabled me to add this album to my collection.
I would not hesitate to use your services again in the future
on 31 December 2013
Having first heard the band on Dermot O'Leary's Radio 2 show, I was quite excited by their sound. The album more than lived up to my expectations: it is diverse and sparkling with brilliance. There's not a weak track on this.
on 12 November 2014
A great debut album - I can see this band sticking around for a long time making good music! Love the songs 'Full Circle', 'Nerve' and 'Drug You'. Looking forward to the next album!
on 10 August 2013
Heard one track off this in the car about 3 months ago and made a note to buy the CD when it was released recently. Best described as 'diverse' and not a duff track in sight. Songs are a mix of pace, mood, style, but all top quality if a little too like BASTILLE - BAD BLOOD, but no shame being on a par with that. My particular likes on this: Full Circle, Call me in the Afternoon, Need it, Unoffendable, Drug you, Nerve... well, the whole thing, like I said. Enjoy ;-)
on 5 September 2013
Loved this. Fresh and engaging. Hope they do well out this. Someone called them Radiohead sung by Jeff Buckley, perhaps a bit OTT but you can see where they are coming from.