on 18 December 2013
Mine arrived as a B grade refurbished, from Benthams other store Morgan Computers. It was in the box with a new unused magnetic charger and a new usb lead. It had obviously been kept in a case as the only marks on it were on the corners. I soon dealt with the tiny marks with a dab or two from my black indelible marker pen, it's now A grade. Comparing this with my wifes Nexxus 7 I prefer the Playbook, the on off switch and volume controls are a nightmare on the Nexxus, this is perfect, especially the feel and weight of it. In comparison with the Archos Android 4.0 pad of my own, that is going on ebay, that is not in the same league, and that is a half decent Android pad. I can understand Blackberry wanting hundreds of ponds for these when they first came out.I would however say that you have got to be a little computer savvy to get the best out of this tablet, you need to install google chrome on your pc and then the Blackberry Playbook add on/extension to get many but not all Android apps - there is a easy to follow video on the goodereader web site. My first effort to "sideload" an android app. was to install google maps and this went without a hitch and via wifi, perfect. There is however a very alive and kicking Blackberry app store for those not wanting to "play around". This tablet has HD cameras front and rear and stereo sound of good quality. It does multitasking like a grown up pc and the screen is superb - I need +2 for reading but I can read the smallest text on the browser without my glasses.It also connects to your TV via HDMI great for gaming or watching videos. You can use your Blackberry phone as a remote/trackpad/mouse. There is another bonus I have ordered a leather folio case from Amazon normally £39.99 but now £6.99. There is a new update for the o.s. available which has temporarily broken the Skype app. but I am sure this will be fixed very shortly. Oh and for those wanting games there are loads. Check out the goodereader site, to see = F1 racing anybody. Lastly the only negative thing apart from the slightly tricky porting of Android apps is the GPS module, it is a bit slow to lock on, a couple of minutes outside/in the car so its a great satnav too, but no joy inside even by a window.
on 4 January 2014
I already have an iPad which is the best Tablet out there but it's only 16gb which is restrictive when storing videos and music. There are many tablets out there but reading the reviews I was put off by the negative comments.
When I saw the PlayBook at this price with 64gb of storage I couldn't quite believe my eyes. Most of the comments were very positive and with Blackberry name behind it, I had to have one.
The PlayBook arrived in an original Blackberry box with charger, USB cable and fabric cover. I could not find any marks or scratches on the unit.
The PlayBook was 75% charged and I was able to fully set up the tablet including a large software upgrade. Very pleasing.
My observations of the PlayBook are as follows:

Good Points:
Good build quality and feels solid and robust
Nice size with easy controls
Set up is simple and changes can be made quickly and easily
Screen is very responsive (up to iPad standards)
Easy to operate Android software

Areas to look out for:
The link to a PC is difficult both in terms of software and hardware. Please be aware of the following-
I could not get any Windows 7 computers to recognise the tablet. Windows XP and Windows 8 seem to be ok. However you must download the latest Blackberry Desktop software from the website. Do this before connecting the tablet. I am very suspect about the micro USB connector on the tablet. The unit comes with very clear warnings about attaching the cable the correct way up, otherwise the warranty is invalid. I can understand this as when it is connected correctly it feels very loose and flimsy. I had trouble with both XP and W8 not communicating immediately, this could be the connector or the software.
The Blackberry Desktop software is very flakey. I transferred both music and video files via Windows Explorer. It was so much easier. Please also be aware the built in software reads SOME avi video files, there are certain types it doesn't and these will need converting to an mp4 format.
I was disappointed that having set up the Blackberry Bridge software to communicate with my 9300 Curve, I could not directly save my contacts or calendar onto the PlayBook. Instead I had to set up a GMail account, export from Outlook, import into my GMail account and then set up the GMail account on the tablet. Only then could I see these on the PlayBook. Not an ideal situation.
Having said all this, this is a very good tablet especially with 64gb of storage. I am very pleased with the tablet especially at this price hence I've given it 4 stars.
on 12 January 2014
ok the playbook
delivery from the seller was fantastic within 2 days
very well packaged
on opening and viewing i was really surprised how well built this is
i charged and did the update cool works great
the only problem was that
for some reason these do have a problem connecting through
the USB specially with windows 7 but that did not bother me as i dont like bb software on my pc
and i only wanted it for web email and so
HOWEVER if you do want it for music and films
the easiest way is over WiFi
it takes seconds to connect it and you don't need all the rubbish software
you just drag it into the folders
and its great
with a massive 64gb you can put loads on it
the sound is great and im very happy.
on 17 October 2013
The playbook was delivered in good time and we'll packaged. It's been refurbished to high standard and ime really happy with it so far. The item is as advertised and I would recommend to anyone looking for a playbook in good nick.
on 15 July 2013
Fast delivery and good quality as new only a fraction of the price new. Would recommend to all who want a well priced quality tablet
on 14 October 2013
we love this Blackberry playbook , it does everything my 8 year old needs for now, and it didnt cost a fortune.
on 30 January 2014
THe tablet itself is very stylish, a littler heavier than than current competitors but with an outstandingly clear and detailed display and great speakers. Because it uses a Blackberry OS rather than a normal android OS you are very restricted in as much that the only easy source of apps is the fairly limited Blackberry store and even then a number of these are not compatible with the Playbook (but this is made clear on the store or when trying to download - it won't let you if it won't work). That said the Blackberry OS is extremely easy and intuitive to use and the WiFi capabailities of the device are up there with the best of the rest. Setup is easy and linking in your email accounts a breeze.

It comes out of the box with a fast charger and a mirco USB cable to connect to your PC/laptop or other device.

A this price you are unlikely to find a much better tablet BUT it has one outrageously serious drawback which even the briefest web search will reveal. The micro USB port on this machine is so fragile that even careful users can break it and Blackberry and most suppliers then don't want to know. Given that the only other way to download your own/personal media files (which is of course the main reason for looking at a large capacity tablet) is either through an internet connection from cloud storage or by way of bluetooth both of which are inconvenient and can be painfully slow.

To be fair Blackberry to put large warnings in the box about the fact you can (unlike most other devices with micro USB ports) put the USB cable in the wrong way up. There are pages of blog entries about this! Yet they have still not acknowledged that this is a desgin flaw. The real problem is that even with careful use the USB cable does not fit well into the socket and is losse enabling sam ll movement and the inveitable chance of damage. I used my USB cable once and connected and downloaded some test vidoe files tot he tablet and was blown away by the quality of the reporduction both video and audio.

Sadly, two days later when I tried to connect again the port had given up the ghost and wouldn't function. Incientally even the first time I used it (successfully for what I wanted) the tablet did not charge through the cable connection. Ishould perhaps have taken that as a warning that the port was already on the way out.

I must add that Blackberry, obviously aware of the porblem, put a Blackberry logo on the supplied cable so that you shouldn't get confused (connect the cable with the Blackberry logo up!). I wasn't confused and was very careful and the port still somehow couldn't cope with normal use.

So if you aren't looking to use the micro USB port at all then this is a great buy. If you are then look elsewhere becaus it is highly likely it will let you down and so far as I can see Blackberry and resellers wash their hands of the problem.
on 6 December 2013
I am amazed by what this tablet can do and how easy it is to use. Several friends have purchased a playbook after a demonstration of this one. One friend aged 82 bought one. He has an HDMI cable to his tv and can now see to read for the first time in several years.
on 8 August 2013
Brilliant, I've had this playbook for just over a week now and I haven't put it down yet, I do have only one issue, being used to an android phone I do find the playbook a little restricted but apart from that it's great.
on 15 November 2014
Terrible product. Very few apps available. Very slow. Internet accees has now disapeared off it!