on 18 October 2013
Brilliant design fits into small space. Was delivered one day after becoming available and within 5 mins was out of box and in use. It requires a flush through use first and then was able to make 3 cups of differing coffees without having to have previous experience or a big manual to read. Yes the pods are expensive but you get £10 in online registration voucher off your first order from the Dolce Gusto shop and delivery is free. I have noticed the main supermarkets charge £3.77 a box whereas the website is a few pence less. Look out for bargains as occasionally the supermarkets will do a special offer. Its maybe not for everyday use but it will certainly be used weekends and special occasions and doesn't need to go away in the cupboard due to neatness of design and size. Also having checked out thew cost of the Genio in my local shops and online (including John Lewis and Debenhams etc) I got this at almost half price from Amazon so am very happy. Whats more to say other than it does what it says on the tin as they say, and quietly and very quickly.
on 28 November 2014
Absolutely love this! Small and compact, with an attractive design, albeit a little plasticky. Takes up very little worktop space. I bought it when it was on offer for £29 which was an amazing deal. Very easy to use, with no mess, my 10 year old can even use it to make her own hot chocolate which is great. The machine literally takes less time to heat up than boiling a kettle. The water tank is a little on the small side, it makes around 3 cups from a full tank, but this s the Mini Me version - the larger models have larger tanks. Its not an issue having a small tank anyway as it does heat up in seconds. The pods themselves could be a bit cheaper. It does work out at around 50p per cup (if you use the 2 pod milk varieties, which I do). Would be cheaper for Americano or espresso drinkers. However, you can get 3 packs of 16 pods (either 16 cups of black coffee or 8 cups of coffee with milk per pack, so 24/48 cups depending on variety) for £9.99 on amazon, and if you subscribe and save, they can be as low as £8.49. As for buying elsewhere for comparision, they are £3.99 per pack of 16 in the Co Op. You do get a £10 voucher with the machine to spend on the Dolce-Gusto website, so can buy a few packs of pods with it. Make sure you follow the instructions on the pack, as each type of coffee requires a different setting for coffee to water ratio. Get it wrong and your drink will taste like dishwater! Don't let that put you off, as the settings are very easy to use with the selector on the front, and are pictured on every pod for you to see clearly.
on 4 February 2014
Not the most attractive looking coffee maker owing to its plastic construction. However, it's sturdily built and very easy to clean. I'm a gadget lover so its small size is ideal for the limited space I have left on my worktops! Anyone with a small kitchen will appreciate this factor. It's very easy and simple to use straight from the box, just make sure to flush it through using both the hot and cold setting before first use. As far as drinks go I'm amazed at the varieties available. From reviews I've read while researching what machine brand to go for I rather got the impression there was a limited range available but this isn't the case. All in all there are 32 drinks available - some of which are tea and some are cold drinks. I'm not a lover of iced teas and coffees and I'm not a tea drinker at all so cannot comment on these. As far as the coffees are concerned I've been delighted. The flavours are very good and the taste and quality likewise - definitely coffee shop quality. As a confirmed coffee drinker the pods do work out quite expensive but appear to be cheaper than most other brands. As with all the other manufacturers the pods are brand specific. All the major supermarkets sell a range of pods - some a larger range than others. However, none of the supermarkets stock the full range available. For this you need to visit the Nescafe Dolce Gusto UK website - this actually makes good sense as the pods are cheaper than in the supermarkets. Supermarket price currently £3.77 per box while website price is £3.68 per box with free delivery if ordering 4 or more boxes. If you're prepared to stump up 1 month's money in one go you can bring this price down to roughly £3.00 per box using Amazons' own 'subscribe and save' service (with free delivery although the range of drinks available using subscribe and save is very limited). A word of warning - many of their coffees only provide 8 cups per box even though there are 16 pods in the carton. This is because the machines do not have a separate milk frother - they use a milk pod in addition to a coffee pod. Having said that - the convenience this brings and the reduction in cleaning and maintenance is a trade off well worth it in my mind. Overall - I'm delighted with my purchase and would have no hesitation in recommending it.
on 10 December 2013
I bought this for my husband has he has always wanted one. it was as an early xmas presents and he loves it. so easy to use even for me!!! i bought a mixutre of pods to use so you can try different ones. Fantastic gift for anyone. You also recieved a booklet which gave a code to register your machine and recieve £10 on to your Dolce Gusto account so that you can then purchase from there website. we receved two vouchers as you get a complementry box of pods too with the machine. we have bought the holder for the pods which was £24 we only needed to put the extra pennies to it. highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 3 September 2013
Colour: IndigoVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The first review of this on here is excellent and leaves little to be said really! But! I will say that this is clearly this years new Gusto Machine, of which I have had a few, I would never want to be without one as I really do think they make an excellent coffee machine. This particular one is very neat and looks quirky with the two tone colours used .... I think it looks smart in the kitchen. I like that there is a better guidance now for how much water is needed according to the different types and styles of coffees now available to buy for this machine....that is definately a grand improvement on the previous model. Its very easy to set up, very easy to use following the instructions and lights on the front and cleaning is no problem either. I also believe that the choice of coffee for this machine cant be beat either. A really good product which I totally recommend!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 6 September 2013
Colour: IndigoVine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
COFFEE
How you rate this machine kind of depends upon what you think of the taste of the coffee. If you have never used a pod system before, but you enjoy a Costa/Starbucks etc, I would make it a priority to test some pods out before you invest in a machine. In my opinion, the coffee made using pods is significantly better than instant coffee, but it is nowhere near as nice as what you would get from a bean to coffee machine like you'd find in a coffee shop.

I tend to go for milky coffees when I'm out as I don't have the facilty to steam milk at home, so I bought skinny latte and skinny cappuccino pods to go with my machine. I tried the full fat versions but found them quite unpleasant because the milk pods are pre sweetened and I don't take sugar. And although I had high hopes for the skinny latte, it was disappointing. I found it lacking in the coffee hit and the milk was definitely not as nice as the proper steamed stuff. The straight black coffee was nicer tasting (Americano, lungo etc) but the coffee from my cafetiere tastes better. If you really can't stand the faff of a cafetiere and ground coffee, and you are considering buying one of these, I would give another system a look too - I tried a Senseo which uses something which looked like an oversized tea bag, but made with coffee instead Philips Senseo Viva Café HD7825/60 Coffee Machine with Pod System - Black and found the coffee tasted much better.

PROS
Where this machine really excels is in its speed. If you are short of time in the mornings before dashing out of the house to work, this is a really convenient way to make a quick coffee. It takes significantly less time than boiling the kettle - the speed it gets the water up to temperature is quite impressive.

It's also nice that you are in control of how much water is added to your coffee, you can adjust it using the simple sliding control on the front of the machine. The recommended amount of water is displayed on the top of each pod so even if you don't keep the outer packaging, you don't have to memorise which setting to use.

Just a small point, but never the less... The instructions are printed in diagrams not words which makes them less than straight forward to work out.

CONS
Being able to adjust the amount of water in each cup can cause a problem if, like me, you forget to adjust it. For example, milky coffees like lattes require two pods - a coffee and a milk. The milk requires lots of water and the coffee requires only a little. The problem is I put the milk pod in, run the water through, then forget to reduce the water before I run the coffee pod resulting in a very insipid drink!

The two pod system for milky coffees is another downside as it makes for a more expensive drink - the black coffees only require one so are better value. They also produce a lot of (non-recyclable) waste.

The other downside of this machine for me is purely personal taste, but I don't really like the cutesy styling so I wouldn't leave it out on my worktop permanently - it gets put away in the cupboard when not in use.

SUMMARY
Don't buy this machine thinking you will kick your expensive Costa latte habit - it doesn't come close.
If you find ground coffee and a cafetierre too much of a faff/mess, but you want better coffee than instant in a hurry, and you like an americano or similar, this machine is good, but I'd also check out the Senseo.
on 2 December 2013
Very easy to use, it comes with a voucher for £10 when you register the machine online.
Bought many different flavours directly only from Nescafe dolce gusto which are few pence cheaper than in the supermarket.
it is a treat but we are enjoying it so much.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
I love my new coffee machine. I also have a NESCAFÉ Dolce Gusto Piccolo but it is not automatic.

Yes, I know, pure indulgence, but when I saw the Dolce Gusto by Krupps at £49.99 I could not let it go.

I would say the Mini Me is more 'semi automatic' than fully automatic, as this machine does not read the bars on the pods. You select the bars on the top of the machine, and then, it will stop automatically. I prefer this because I can make my latte a little bit longer. Instead of selected 5 bars for the water (according to the milk pod) I just select 6 bars and 4 bars for the coffee (the pod reads 3). I could not do this with a fully automatic as the automatic machine reads the bars on the pod itself (I wonder how it is done).
The machine is very easy to use and to clean.
Just a little tip: select the bar on top of the lid after you have inserted the pod because as I am not very careful, twice I closed the lid on the pod and moved the marker to another bar. Result >>> disaster. But my own fault, not the design or the machine.
Check Amazon everyday for the pods, because I have noticed that prices can go up and down. I bought 3 boxes of americanos for £9.00. Now, they are at £9.99, which is not too bad. I have decided to stock up when prices are down. Of course, Tesco Metro sell them too and I am pretty sure many big supermarkets do.

It is also worth to check [...] but be aware that you have to buy a minimum of 4 boxes. Still, it is good as there is no charge on delivery at the moment(it might be only for Christmas, but when I check last week, there was a £2 charge for standard delivery).

I recommend this little machine to everyone but especially to espresso lovers. The taste is great, strong and sharp, especially the Nescafé Dolce Gusto Espresso Intenso which you can buy 48 pods for £11.04 at the moment, which is only 23p the espresso. And no mess, no measuring.

I insist on the prices because many people think these machine are expensive to run. They may be if you only drink the more exotic drinks and several a day. But two or three espressos or americanos a day will not break the bank. Even a latte is more expensive in Starbucks.

p.s I sometimes use the americano pods to make an espresso if I have ran out of espresso pods. I just reduce the water needed and voilà, I have a nice espresso, maybe not as biting but good enough for me (and americanos are slightly cheaper than espressos).

Yes, you can see, I love my Mini Me.
on 16 January 2014
It's noisy! I brought this to have in my bedroom so I could have coffee from the comfort of my bed. Due to the 15 bar pressure it's pretty noisy and I wouldn't be able to have it in my room if anyone else were nearby! Aside from that it's a great machine, lovely colour and I can't fault it.
on 29 November 2013
Sorry to anyone hoping for a review from someone who has used this item, but I bought this as a Christmas gift.

I did however check what it was like before wrapping it, and I was very pleased with what I saw! It came packaged in a large box, well padded with the actual item box inside, so I was pleased with that. I opened up the box, and you get a £10 voucher to spend on the DolceGusto website when you register your machine plus 4 drink samples (looks like 6 but some are 2 part drinks), which I thought was great!

The colours are lovely and the size is just right to fit in the corner of a kitchen.

I would highly recommend this item!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...