I have been using this product for a little more than month now before writing my review. I used this a lot on my 3week holiday on a daily basis for streaming and charging my portable devices (phone and tablet)

Contents: EasyAcc WiStor, microUSB short cable, instructions.

Plus points:
-Streams in 1080p to my samsung galaxy s4 without issues but...
Published 19 months ago by Amazon Customer

Published 24 days ago by John

5.0 out of 5 stars works great for streaming to 4 devices in 720p, battery is great too, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: [ALL In 1] EasyAcc® Portable WiFi Router & WiFi Repeater, Wireless External HDD / Flash Drive / SD Card Reader, 8800mah PowerBank Built-in External Battery Pack for iPhone, Andorid, Windows 7 8, IOS, Mac OS, Andorid Smartphones, iPad, Tablets (Personal Computers)

Contents: EasyAcc WiStor, microUSB short cable, instructions.

Plus points:
-Streams in 1080p to my samsung galaxy s4 without issues but cant stream to more devices in 1080p.
-Streams to 4 devices simultaeneously in 720p without issues plus at same time my laptop was copying file to it wirelessly.
-8800mamp battery is great for powering portable hard drive overnight for streaming
and for charging my nexus 7 tablet or phone at same time
-can copy files from sd card to hard disk wirelessly but is slow
-can copy file from laptop to this device or vice versa wirelessly using filezilla free FTP app
-can stream excellently to chrome browser in HD videos
-can copy in internet explorer but cant stream videos
-can see photos in browser
- free android ES file manager app works great for streaming or copying files wirelessly and any android video player can be used so any codec video file can be played
- any FTP app for android , iOS or windows can be used
- can secure device by user via browser first time and using quick settings on browser as explained in my youtube video
- ethernet port is useful for pass through internet via the device generated wifi signal, very useful for hotels that only give free ethernet access. I tested this over a couple of days and it works great even through brick and concrete wall. In some buildings worked 40 feet away but in others signal was weak after 20feet, so building type will matter.
- can use 64GB SD cards for streaming
- good build quality and well packaged device and certainly looks the business.
- affordable all rounder with great features
- none of the similar devices have this massive 8800milliamp powerbank included at this price point.

Negative points
- poor manual
- wireless streaming from hard disk does not work without SD card inserted into sd slot
- FTP connection frequently lose connection or cant log in if sd card is not inserted into sd slot
- device comes insecured wifi out of the box and no explanation in manual how to secure it. Solution is to access it via browser as explained in video and secure the device. In your browser type in 192.168.1.254 which will take you to the device settings page where you can secure the device by making it WPA2 security and with new username and password. You can also view the files via FTP.
- even secure device (as mentioned above) can be hacked by those with expertise in hacking samba servers. Mine was hacked once!! Think this comes with version earlier than version4 samba which had a security loop hole where even secured server can be hacked by those who know how to hack it using the anonymous log in feature. Solution: hopefully software update will be available at a later date. But even if not available, not many will know how to hack a secured samba server so dont worry too much about this point.

More details about the device and showing streaming to 4 devices at once in 720p while simultaeneously copying file from laptop to device can be seen in my youtube review Please search youtube for this video if interested watch?v=uQbZpOfcwG8

My Impressions: Its a great all rounder with portable wireless router / streamer / 8800mamp battery bank that can power your hard disk and tablet together / ethernet internet pass through for a very affordable price. As far as I can see no other gadget with similar features has 8800milliamps battery bank included at this price point.

Disclaimer: I got the device for honest review purposes from the seller a little more than a month ago but I used this for a bit more than a month before writing this review

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Versatile, 29 Jun. 2013
I was supplied this free to test and review.
Tested using iPad2, a generic Chinese Android tablet and a HP Windows 8 laptop.

I have not seen a gadget before that enables a tablet without expandable storage to have access to almost limitless memory for storage. In addition to this it can act as a wireless router and a backup battery for phones etc.

Out of the box it needs charging and comes with a usb charging lead to connect to your own charger as it charges 4 blue leds progressively light and flash until all 4 are on steadily and it is then fully charged and ready to use.

As the set up seemed quite complicated I followed the fairly comprehensive instructions which were enclosed. After downloading the "FTP Manager" from Google Play and installing it (I used the Android tablet first) I then followed the instructions and was met with the message "Server not Found". It is probably apparent to everyone except me that the server would not be found until I logged on to the Wi-Stor.

The easiest way to set it up initially is to temporary replace your router with this one turn it on and look for EasyAcc_4005DE and log on to it (At this stage it is an open network). Then download the "FTP Manager" and run it to complete the set up. You can then put your router back. If you don't want to do this you have to download the "FTP Manager" on your normal set up and then switch to EasyAcc_4005DE to complete the settings, once you have done this you will not need to do it again.

The next thing I worried about was security as admin and admin are not the most secure names and passwords. The router has quite a range and my neighbour was able to log into it quite easily.

Nothing in the instructions indicate that you can change the security settings, however it is easy, enter the Server Address into the command line of your browser and the home screen opens allowing you to view all the settings and make the changes you want. The most important being to make it secure.

Now it is set up I could use my ipad or android tablet to access a variety of memory devices that are connected to the Wi-Store I tried it with a 32Gb SD card, the maximum it will take, a 64Gb flash drive and a 1TB portable hard drive, all worked perfectly.
This device is a boon if you want to take files that total more than the capacity of the tablet, my little Android tablet is 8Gb with no expansion capability but with this I was able to watch a number of films from the portable HDD.

The other useful thing this does is to work as a back up battery it will supply 5V through a usb socket, to switch the battery on in this mode you need to press the power button for 3 seconds, If you want to know the state of charge press the button briefly and some of the 4 leds will light up one for each 25% of charge.

After playing with this on my tablets I thought I would try it with my laptop. There was no problem whatsoever using it as a wireless router but when I came to transfer files it was more difficult. It is possible to directly transfer using the server address in the command line but it was not the most straightforward way of doing it. I looked for an equivalent of the apps that I used for the Android and iPad although there are many I found that "Free FTP Manager 2.2" worked as well as anything and it is free.

In summary I am not sure if there are any other gadgets like this which allow you to wirelessly expand the memory of tablet devices, share files between tablets, act as a Wireless router and storage battery. It is a very useful addition to anyone who finds the memory in their tablet too limited.

It is not clear from my review but I used "free ftp manager 2.2.14b" with Windows 8 available from the Windows store. I am also told "FileZilla" works well [Thank you Ed ]

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy EasyAcc, 5 Sept. 2013
Does exactly what it says it does.....

although I binned the suggested app for 'Remote File Browser' (RFB) for iOS.
I found the FTP server app a bit clunky and seemed over complicated. The RFB app has a nice front end and easily connects with other devices, just follow the on screen prompts.

Transferring files between my iPad 4 and the EasyAcc is as 50% of the name of the device. Connected media appear as files (RFB) and is as simple as copy & paste.
This is an absolute bonus for me as I take a lot of photos (raw) and hate lumping around a laptop for backups. Now i use the iPad to transfer the images to and then backup, more often move, to a USB flash drive (or two, not forgetting its not backed up until its on Three devices) via the EasyAcc.

Haven't had the EasyAcc long enough to comment on the lasting properties of the battery pack but it has charged a few other devices with no problems. Noticed though it charged the iPad quicker than if charged from the mains!

Great price, good size, not heavy, very well packaged, works a treat, recommended.

Minor niggles,
Connected CAT5 lead doesn't click lock.
Wifi on/off slider switch too easy to turn on, I.e if moving around in your bag. Nothing a small piece of tape wouldn't sort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great answer for all your mobile storage needs!, 2 July 2014
Purchased this device for my upcoming camping holiday in the hope i could load up a hard drive/usb stick/ sd card with movies and watch them to keep the kids entertained and for when the kids are asleep.
And it works amazing.

This little box of tricks, is truly something special making its own wifi hotspot to stream movies, photos and music to your android and apple devices without actually needing a internet connection.
So sitting in the middle of nowhere is not a problem.

I loaded my storage devices with an assortment of 1080p and 720p video files in various formats and all played perfectly with my xperia z2 using bs player from the play store.

Multiple devices can also connect at the same time to EasyAcc all in one as well, so the kids can watch different films at the same time.

I found the device works best using either fat32 or ntfs (with ntfs being the better as it supports over 4gb files for those hd rips)
Other people also stated that it only supports 32gb sd cards, but im using a 64gb class10 sd card in mine formated ntfs and it works fine.
I was also a using a 1tb toshiba portable hard drive with mine and that also works amazingly as well.

With just the feature above i would say its a must buy, but it also has a 8800 mah battery to charge your device when running low.
Thats enough to charge most phones 4 times.

It also has a mode by entering the ip address into your browser that lets you still browse the internet when on a wifi connection and also stream from this device.

And with a lan port you can also turn a wired connection into a wireless conection for wifi in a hotel room or for people who are still using a wired internet.

The build quality is great, with a premium feel, and clearly labled ports and a nice led indicator to show wifi status and charge level.
You will need your own micro usb cable to charge the device , but anyone with a modern android device will have of them anyway.
And if one was included the bargain price would have to increase.

Im very happy with my purchase and with the brand EasyAcc products as well, and will be recommending the m to my friends also.

10 out of 10!

4.0 out of 5 stars I got there in the end, 5 April 2014
EasyAcc router/memory card/HDD/USB memory/device charger.

I bought this device so that I could extend the capabilities of my iPad and it is from that experience that I speak.
Once charged operate the Wi-Fi switch. Device springs into life.
Now go to Wi-Fi setting on your iPad and the EasyACC will appear in the list of options along with all your neighbours. Touch on the device and it is now your. Wi-Fi router.
Now before you get excited you must secure the router just as you would with your normal domestic set up. To do this:-
Start your browser, in my case Safari.
In the address bar type 192.168.8.1
Go.
You should get a page come up with the router info.
Click/poke Advanced button.
Click/poke Security in list on left hand side.
Select from drop down the security you want. Eg WPA2-PSK.

Type a password and place a note of that somewhere safe.
Right you are now connected to your EasyAcc router thingy.

Now you need a File Browser. The EasyAcc instruction leaflet tells you to download an app to enable your iPad to move files to and from your memory cards and your device. The app is called Remote File Browser. Sadly I never ever found it and spent a long time fulminating against my new toys creators. I ended up paying a small amount for an App called FB file browser and downloaded that. The app has good information about setting it up which I won't repeat here.
What is worth noting is that you can move material easily between

"Pages"

"Numbers"

and if you use iCab mobile as a browser you can move downloaded files from that browser.

In each of the above cases files are moved via the "Share" icon at the top of the screen where you select the "Open in Other App" option, that other app being FB of course. It is at this point that you are in a position to transfer files to your external memory or Dropbox. I normally poke the bottom left button shown in FB and select "New Folder" where I can copy files to.

In the case of "Photos" on the iPad, these are shown directly you open the FB browser app.

If you have successfully installed FB and connected to your wireless router you really are good to go. The info provided on the configuration section will get you connected to your SD card, your External HDD or USB memory stick.

If you plug an Ethernet cable into the EasyAcc you will be online as well as being able to access the connected memory devices mentioned above.
The device also functions as a charging device for iPad, iPhone and no doubt other peripheral devices.

The above info also applies to the iPhone of course. The FB app will automatically download to your iPhone and you sign into the wifi using the password you carefully noted earlier.
Signing into the router is a one time only task.

I believe that the supplied leaflet above info will get you going and from then on you can explore for yourself the capabilities of your new toy.
I hope this has been useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars One word...SUPERB!!!, 2 Dec. 2014
On my recent travels I stayed in rather a nice 5 star hotel in Sofia, only to find it was wired internet in the room and WiFi in the lobby. As my Ultrabook does not have a WAN/Ethernet connector built in, I could not use the internet in the room. I had a lot of work to do and how I longed for WiFi, without going down to the lobby. And then remembered that luckily I had packed this in my rucksack. At one end is a USB port and at the other a Ethernet port. This means that a WAN cable with a suitable connector can be inserted and the ingenious device then sends out a WiFi signal, thus turning WAN into WiFi. Brilliantly simple but very effective in what it does.

This little beauty does more than just turn Ethernet into a WiFi signal, it is also a 7800mAh battery pack and a WIFI repeater which is quite amazing given the size of the unit. So this relatively small, yet beautifully made hub is so versatile it has become a travel must for me.

Overall this is a super product, that is very useful and beautifully made. I am very happy to highly recommend this item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart gadget, 29 Dec. 2013
This gadget is much smarter and can do more than I had thought and it is also much easier to set up

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for use with my iPhone iPod iPad, 20 Dec. 2013
Got the set up done using FTP manager and using app AV player works brilliant , have recommended to friends , better than buying wifi hard drive at £150 I'm able to use my portable Hard drives to transfer files music films or just stream and watch films . Great tech and not hard to set up.
MAF

2.0 out of 5 stars Watch out if you try to take one of these on a plane in your hand luggage, 1 April 2015
The previous version of this EasyAcc product also called a Wi-Stor Wizard (bought February 2014) never was very useful for all the reasons stated by other reviewers. However, I did manage to use it to charge my iPhone and iPad. I had given up using it for anything else and it had failed to charge my Panasonic V210 and V520 camcorders. However, what finally happened was that this Chinese made device (assumed) was confiscated by security officers at Beijing airport on an internal flight to Chengdu because 'it didn't state the storage capacity and aviation law now requires this'. I note that the current version does have the capacity stated so if you have a new model, there should be no problem but watch out with airport security (in China, elsewhere?) if you have an older model which doesn't. Around £35 down down the drain on a product that didn't work very well anyway! I have informed the company but they have not offered a replacement or a refund. Instead they said
'We would like to apologize first, since we have brought you so much trouble, kindly hope you can accept our sincere apology.
We appreciate you point out the problem for us, and we do value it, and we have reported this problem to our product department, and they will make effort to improve concerning this aspect, would you mind giving us a chance to make further improvement? Thanks.
Apologies again for all the inconvenience we have brought to you.'
Rather than an apology, I would have preferred a replacement or a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your new essential bit of kit when going away., 11 Nov. 2014
C. Morgan (UK) - See all my reviews
This appears to be an amazing product. I have not had the chance to try everything out yet, but I have done a little testing. I had an AVI file for a film which I converted using the extremely simple and excellent Freemake video converter (software the way its suppose to work). I converted the file to mp4 and used remote file viewer to access the files on my USB flash drive. I found my film and was able to stream to my iPad. The instruction for set up are ok and further details are available on their website, however they have informed me that it was not available after I tried but would be soon corrected. I also got a thoughtful email from EasyAcc to ask about how I was getting along with the product. I mentioned that the only problem encountered so far was that it took an age to charge through USB on my computer and said that I was getting a 3 pin plug adapter. I know another reviewer spoke about this and they informed me that, although it states a 5V 1A power output on the device, they said it could handle a 2A, so I will purchase one of these. I think so of the people having trouble with the device must be experiencing technical difficulties as some say they cannot play movies when others can. I can only advise them to get in touch with EasyAcc about this as they seem genuinely keen to help.