on 14 November 2013
Having been told to read this book as part of a reading challenge I can honestly say that I didn't know what to expect. The kind person who challenged me to read it said it was a "WTF" book and she wasn't wrong.

Don't get me wrong, the book was well written and the storyline was well planned but "flora girl", "frog girl" etc, I mean, hello!!!!

Despite this being the freakiest thing I've read recently, and I've read some freaky stuff, I did read it quickly so it must have flowed and captured my attention despite the strange content.

Will I read the follow up? Probably not, but at the same time I'm curious to see where the story goes next and having looked at the number of positive reviews, I have to ask if I am neglecting my curiosity by not going there? Possibly!!!

I haven't read any other books by Steph Sweeney but I wouldn't rule them out based on this book. She really is a talented writer and it was nice to read a book that wasn't full of errors.

My only problem now is what shelves do I put this book on :)
on 5 October 2013
not my cup of tea not much of a story to it just couldnt get into it gave up after the first couple of pages and deleted from my kindle.
on 24 September 2013
Very weird but I was intrigued at all times but also a little disturbed its certainly not my typical read
on 12 July 2013
This is definitely a cut above the average erotic book, with an entirely new slant, a new angle and a new position. It is a well-written book and, for once, I will not complain about the grammar or the punctuation because these are both fine. You have no idea how rare this is for me: it is, in fact, the highest praise.

This is an interesting writer, who writes a good blog and truly engages with her readers - well, not that far, of course, but further than most. The writing has the lightness of edge that was common to the genre at the apex of its quality, the Victorian era, although it is super-modern in tone and language. I really like this book and look forward to reading more of the series.
on 30 May 2014
When reading the product description for this book I wasnt sure what to expect. I Usually read romance bdsm and most things with abit of kink. This book is in a league of its own. I Sometimes find my books blending into one, this however sticks out like a sore thumb.
The character development is good the book is well written and unique. i couldnt put it down. I Never quite clicked with the main female character Mellissa. The suspense in finding out what would happen helped me read this in only a few hours and look straight for the second book in the series hfg.
I would highly recomend this book if you like a disturbingly good well written and unique story you wont forget.
on 30 May 2014
If you are looking for a book that doesn't so much make you sit up and take notice as it does slap you in the face then this is the one for you. I have now read the entire series and I can honestly say that it was one of the best things I have read in ages.

It is as others have said sick and twisted in parts and you will be uncomfortable reading it, but for me that is a good thing. Everything is in context and is accompanied by a healthy dollop of suspense. The characters are well written and multidimensional, I don't think that there was one that seemed underdeveloped.

It's not for the faint of heart and it is not for everyone, but it is well worth a read.
on 9 June 2013
This book... let's just say I can't wait for the second one! This book I found in the free section and honestly it shouldn't be free, it's brilliant! I love the idea of your favourite girl company and the different kind of girls Melissa encounters. Characters are amazing are believable! I had this book read in 2 hours, a must read.
on 5 November 2013
I was'nt sure what to make of this book when i started reading it, its thought provoking and unnerving in parts because portions of this book do happen (without the artistic licence bits, particular body modifications), i have to say though, i really enjoyed it and am going to purchase the next one.
on 21 May 2013
Don't be put off it you're not into erotica!!

Loved this book, the beginning is very steamy does move quickly, but the story flows well, the characters are good, from the pigs of (most) brothers to Flora girls innocence. Worth a read and I'm looking forward to reading the next one :)
on 8 September 2013
I now know what Amazon does...buy a free book for my kindle and then leave me on a knife edge waiting for the rest of the series. Steph Sweeney hurry up with the sequel please.
She captivated me throughout the book and hoping for Melissa's and the other girl's freedom ...