Shop now Shop Now Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 31 May 2014
I had been looking for a cheap tv solely to watch dvds on (laptop screens are too small!) which are increasingly hard to find in an age of smart tv's... After a lot of research, I thought I would have to spend around £250 or more on a non-smart LED tv, until I came across this gem!

Pros: For £199, the quality is excellent: pictures look good, lots of settings to play with, sound is good and loud.

Cons: Not many input / output cables (only optical out for audio). when delivered, the screws to attach the base were the wrong size so I just used different ones, but worth watching out for!

Overall, an excellent basic tv for the price!
on 26 July 2014
Brilliant TV. Picture resolution is sharp. Picture colour is beautiful. It's light and thin. The USB port can play a lot of different formats.

Above all I go this TV so that I wasn't being charged for fluff. I'm glad to have saved a few quid to get a good colour accurate 1080p screen without these advertised SMART functionalities or even bundled Freeview, because I already have a Chromecast and it has a USB port. I'm sure many of you have Sky, Apple TV or a games console and can watch Netflix and iPlayer through that. TV is changing - and being charged extra for a function you already have access too then you are wasting your money.
on 4 March 2014
Bought this for on the wall in my office - arrived in perfect packaging. Very thin compared to my previous 32" and has tons of features. The GUI is very intuitive and when you connect a USB device (I used a USB stick to watch recorded TV), it has it's own media player, albeit basic - but has all the functions you need (play/pause/rewind/ffwd etc.).

The sound is decent - not like the best on the market, but better than other cheaper TVs that I've bought and doesn't sound tinny or reverb alot. Definately worth buying at £199 (or even £239). LG is a good make, and this TV stands up with some Samsungs/Sonys that I've seen/heard.
on 17 April 2014
I think TV reviews are largely influenced on how much you pay.
Cheaper the TV, the more you're willing to let slide. A dear TV and every flaw is a major issue.
I will try to keep cost out of this review.

Good brand did mean good quality, TV looks great.
Easily built, very sturdy and channels set up within five minutes.
It has a USB slot, great for watching films on.
A rating for energy and power use.
Sound is good and doesn't cause vibration feedback when loud.

Intelligent Sensor causes screen to be very dull. Needs a lot of light for the screen to remain bright.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Having thoroughly researched options for a second television for use in my study, I chose this LG, as on the basis of reviews in technical publications and on Amazon, it seemed to tick all my personal requirement boxes and also to represent excellent value for a state of the art facility. Consequently I was not disappointed.

The picture quality is clear and bright, using the television's built-in Freeview box (in standard definition) even though I use a digital amplified aerial rather than a rooftop one.

In addition the Full HD streams of BT Sports events from my BT Vision box or blu-rays from my Panasonic blu-ray player via my Provision Wireless HD Sender. Full Kit Including Receiver and Transmitter. in the lounge result in stunning, crisp images.

I also appreciate the built-in sound quality of this particular model, which is much louder than I have previously experienced from televisions by other manufacturers, which usually require some additional sound support system to be connected.

The Clear Voice option on the audio menu makes speech much easier to follow and the virtual surround option is an additional asset.

Overall this is a great purchase which I would recommend to others for both its cost-effectiveness and overall facilities.
on 1 January 2014
It's got a decent picture sounds ok as well. Def good but for the money!!! I bought 2 of these for my sons at Christmas and they love playing on them with there x box.
on 30 November 2013
I went for this one as unlike others at the same price point it offers Full HD and much better sound quality than others with its 2x10W speakers, dwarfing those of other TV sets at this price point (I got it at £249).
Now that I have the TV I can safely say I'm not disappointed by the picture or sound quality both are nice and clear.

Just remember to have a strong screwdriver for putting the TV stand together as I broke mine trying - then again mine was just from a £2 multi tool.
on 27 November 2013
I have had this TV for a week or so now and I am incredibly happy with it. It's a good size, the picture is very clear and vibrant and there are plenty of options to customize how it looks and sounds. The sound and picture quality is much better than my last TV (a older Hannspree HD-Ready TV that is suffering from screen burn-in and dark patches down one side of the screen).

I use this TV as a duplicate display for my PC, running a long HDMI lead from the PC to my bedroom where I control it with a wireless mouse and keyboard. It works brilliantly for gaming, browsing the net and watching TV/Youtube/Movies. No screen burn-in due to the more modern LED backlit LCD panel.

For the price on Amazon (£229) it is the best value 32" 1080p TV that I have seen. The only other cheaper one was a Finlux 32" 1080p HDTV which was £180, though they went off the market before I had the money and never came back. LG are a much more recognisable brand as well. Very happy with my purchase.

The TV is also light and easy to set up. Recommended.
on 10 January 2014
I can actually see what I'm watching now as I had a very old TV before. Very clear picture and a handset that actually works!
on 13 January 2014
This tv is as described clear picture and sound package excellent would recommened this to all customers who need a new tv