Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 11 January 2016
Poorly written, confusing and unrealistic plot - I couldn't emphasise with any of the main characters, and found myself constantly getting annoyed at the characters actions. No one would act like this and it's just frustrating! I'm very annoyed that I paid for this, as I had intended to buy 'The Girl on the Train', and didn't realise my mistake until i'd wasted time reading this.
on 2 December 2015
NOT the best selling novel. Just a very similar title. However from what I can see, this was written before the successful one. Sadly, not of the same quality. This train obviously has several damaged people on it! Dissapointed, but looking forward to Disappeared Girl and A Girl With A Dragon Tattoo.
on 17 August 2013
I have just finished reading Girl on a Train and I really enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting the perpetrator to be who is was and so I was surprised by the ending which makes a change as I normally find most endings disappointing. The book also kept my interest throughout and was easy to read and follow.
on 20 August 2015
Mistake purchase. Poor prose, implausible story and uncomfortable racial stereotypes I thought we left behind in the 1970s. Not the book I had been recommended!
on 1 November 2015
This book starts with such promise; the writing is OK, the storyline interesting.
Then it's as if somebody else takes over. The writing is poor and cliched.
I only speed read through to find out what happened. I wish I hadn't bothered.
On a train journey back to Waterloo, Anna, a free-lance journalist sits next to an unsettled woman. Knowing that they are both headed to Waterloo, Anna is surprised when the woman gets off the train at an earlier stop and is haunted by her encounter with the woman when she hears of her death on the train tracks.

However, the unfortunate woman reaches out to Anna after her death by leaving her a gold heart-shaped locket as a clue, but exactly what are the clues too? Anna has no idea her search will tie back to her own past when she sets on the trail set my the girl on the train.

I found this thriller easy to read and moderately paced as we follow protagonist Anna on her quest to find out who this mysterious woman was. Anna cannot believe the stranger committed suicide and makes use of her investigative journalist skills to find all she can.

With allies and enemies emerging on her quest, this story is engaging and gripping as the mystery of the woman herself and her missing nephew drive the reader's interest in this story.

Chilling and far from predictable, this is a definite must-read for mystery thriller fans.
on 14 February 2014
This book is a real page turner and kept me guessing until the end. Definitely worth a read! I will be reading more books by this author!
on 6 December 2013
I read this book as I had read this author's first book and loved it. This book did not disappoint. It kept me guessing to the end and I would not have guessed the outcome at all!
This book was well written, flowed well, the characters were believable without being over dramatic. I look forward to more books by this author.
on 23 December 2015
Having stupidly mistaken this book for another one, 'Girl on the Train', it took me a while to reconcile the plot with the incorrect synopsis that I had read, (doh)!! However, it was a free offer from Amazon and my mistake didn't matter as I really enjoyed it. Anna Rothman, a freelance journalist turns investigative super sleuth when the complete stranger that she sits next to on a train from Portsmouth to Waterloo commits suicide by jumping in front of the train, after unexpectedly exiting at an earlier stop. The way in which her own personal life becomes so closely intertwined with that of the victim is interesting and makes the story an above average page turner. When the final pieces in the jigsaw puzzle slot into place, the outcome is both surprising and disturbing. Despite the fact that there is a huge question mark as to whether justice can properly be served given the identities of the various perpetrators, it is well worth a read.
on 29 July 2015
This is the second novel by Alison Waines which I have enjoyed immensely - gripping from start to finish. I am now very much looking forward to the third book from this very talented lady. Highly recommended to those readers who enjoy a good psychological thriller from start to finish.