Format: Baby Product|Change

on 1 May 2013
Arrived promptly as described. V easy to use. Happy with sound and picture quality. only niggle so far is the parent unit does not stand on its own but is designed to hang from something which is not how I would be using it.

now baby is 11 days old I sadly have to change my review. The monitor suddenly stopped functioning today - parent unit won't work so sending it back. also I agree with others who are frustrated at the short battery life when unplugged. Also I find the volume on lowest settling is still 2x louder than I would desire.

So... The product was replaced but has now broken again - Baby now 21 weeks old! And we have hardly used it since it was replaced. I would definitely not recommend this item. Also think twice about buying through Amazon as I'm struggling to get either Motorola or the seller to honour the 12 month warranty - watch this space...
44 comments|80 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 June 2015
Nice baby monitor. It's not going to be HD quality at this price, but for reassuring glances as a new parent to check on your new baby, it does the job well. As a few others mentioned the battery life isn't great, so I would advise anyone buying this to keep this in mind and to turn down the screen brightness which really makes a difference to the battery. Range is OK its not great but it reaches most parts of our 4 bed house without any issues.
on 11 March 2016
We bought this after having only audio monitors with both children but a month in with our second, we decided we needed a video monitor due to cosleeping (all over again lol) was so relieving to be able to see baby in our bed and now he is nearly 8months old and on the move it definitely helps! We only live in a small flat too, but the monitor will go out of range sometimes which is a disappointment as it's supposed to cater for large homes. Ours also did not come with batteries. But oh well. The camera began standing on the (unused) cotbed (also known as the bed guard haha) then we decided to put it on the wall, now we have a larger range we can see. I love that you can see a lot plus able to move the camera angle without touching it! Say if baby rolls away and you need to see, just move the angle using the monitor. So helpful. We are very happy with this monitor! Also we haven't had to use it properly just yet, but the 2way intercom is pretty helpful to talk to other people in the other room without shouting through!
on 26 April 2016
Bought this monitor after having success with the other (more expensive ) Motorola monitor. Hugely disappointed. The range is terrible (constantly loses signal in a small house) & there's a slight ringing noise from the camera when the lights are off.
on 22 October 2015
Very poor quality especially the video. Surprised to see that this normally retails at. Over £100 as I think £50 is to steep! Sold this item on eBay as founding to be really useless. Would not recommend if buying for the camera.
on 2 November 2015
12 month warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on. Our handset microphone stopped working so we were no longer able to hear our baby if he needed us in the night. Amazon provide a helpline number on their website which is a bogus number and connects through to a poor couple who were having their evening meal!!! They say they've complained to Amazon several times and they've done nothing and get at least 10 calls a day to their number. What a waste of money and now we will look elsewhere to buy something else.
on 27 January 2015
Signal lost after 2 month using it. Reconsider fir another product.
on 2 April 2016
We bought this item using Amazon gift vouchers. We probably wouldn't have chosen such an expensive item if we didn't have vouchers.
A year on, I can happily say that this has been a fantastic purchase. The signal is almost always excellent so you can see and hear what's going on in baby's room. The battery life is excellent - we put baby to bed at 7 and plug it in while we sleep from about 11. It has put our minds at ease when baby is asleep. The picture is pretty clear. It's not HD, but you can see what's going on and can move the picture around if you've got a wriggler. The night vision is good and very handy.
My only criticism is the stand of the camera is a bit big so it will have to be placed securely. It would be nice if you could attach it to the cot fir early months.
on 31 March 2016
In our experience the connectivity between these devices was terrible after they are separated by only a short distance in our house - the WiFi on this is not simply strong enough to do the job. Returning it for something that works.
on 29 July 2015
Perfect value for perfect thing.
Is really helpful.The night vision is perfect.
I love this product.
One small thing is that the monitor must by all the time on charging.