4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
We had this recommended to us. The picture quality isn't amazing but the night vision feature is excellent. We have been using it for months and love the fact we can see whether he's safe or even just sleeping in his cot from wherever we are in the house. The battery isn't great but is better than people make out on these reviews. It will last a good few hours.
Published 5 months ago by Mr R A Sidebottom

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful don't buy
Arrived promptly as described. V easy to use. Happy with sound and picture quality. only niggle so far is the parent unit does not stand on its own but is designed to hang from something which is not how I would be using it.

Published on 1 May 2013 by Mable Tosay

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful don't buy, 1 May 2013

now baby is 11 days old I sadly have to change my review. The monitor suddenly stopped functioning today - parent unit won't work so sending it back. also I agree with others who are frustrated at the short battery life when unplugged. Also I find the volume on lowest settling is still 2x louder than I would desire.

So... The product was replaced but has now broken again - Baby now 21 weeks old! And we have hardly used it since it was replaced. I would definitely not recommend this item. Also think twice about buying through Amazon as I'm struggling to get either Motorola or the seller to honour the 12 month warranty - watch this space...

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 4 Jan. 2015

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear picture but terrible battery life!, 24 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
The monitor is great in so many ways. Very clear picture, great sound quality and mega easy to use. It does however lose a star for battery life. It's terrible - after 2 hours it's beeping away to be charged (very loudly) I find I am keeping it plugged into it's charger 24/7! Other than that, a great video monitor for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 April 2015
Amazon customer (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
We bought this monitor as my husband has a hearing impairment. I'm so pleased we did. As new parents we worry about everything, especially when she's sleeping and is too quiet, we can just look at the monitor and see that she's moved which is very reassuring.

The only minor criticism I have is that the screen fades too quickly and if I'm cooking or have something on my hands and the little one starts grumbling you have to stop what you're doing, wash your hands and physically refresh the screen which can be a little annoying.

But overall we're very pleased with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Motorola monitor, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Excellent monitor - great quality with night vision. Buying another for my sister who is due shortly. Would definitely recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars The product of shameless marketing that spoils an otherwise potentially good monitor., 24 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
On the plus side, this monitor works. The screen is clear, the volume is fine, and it just works straight out of the box.

Unfortunately, this is all moot because the camera is permanently zoomed in (digitally) so that they are able to sell it as having a (digital) pan and tilt functionality. I even phoned their helpline because I couldn't believe it wasn't possible to zoom back out, but they confirmed there's no zoom ability with this monitor. Essentially, they give you a keyhole view of what the camera's seeing, and you have to use the keypad to move around the room to see what's actually happening in it. Fine for a crib (assuming you can mount it far enough away), but to monitor an 18-month-old it's utterly useless unless they're in the part of the bed you can see (I mounted it in the far top corner of the room, and I still couldn't even see the whole bed).

This is what happens when marketing gets in the way of an otherwise decent product. Absolutely would not recommend this to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 23 Jun. 2015
M. Anslow (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
We've had this for just over a year now, and it was a very good purchase. I would definitely buy another one. A few things to be aware of:
1. The battery life and range are never going to rival a non-video monitor. We have no problem with either when at home, but when travelling it can be more troublesome. Just something to bear in mind.
2. The quality is fine if, like us, you just want to see whether you child is asleep or standing in the cot screaming. If you want HD video... don't buy a baby monitor!
3. Speaking through the 'talk' function makes you sound like a Dalek. No baby is going to be soothed by it. But then again this seems to be common to all monitors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great product, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Good, clear sound. Picture quality is not bad either. Perfect for glancing over and checking on baby during the night. Would definitely recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 19 Jun. 2015
R. Shirt (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Nice baby monitor. It's not going to be HD quality at this price, but for reassuring glances as a new parent to check on your new baby, it does the job well. As a few others mentioned the battery life isn't great, so I would advise anyone buying this to keep this in mind and to turn down the screen brightness which really makes a difference to the battery. Range is OK its not great but it reaches most parts of our 4 bed house without any issues.

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned - failed on second use, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Very disappointed. Was looking forward to keeping an eye on baby using this monitor which worked well during a dry-run but failed on first night of use. Would not charge or hold charge in battery. Quick response from Motorola, who suggested I return to amazon despite notice in box to contact them. First return to Amazon and was pleased with how easy that was. Will buy another brand.

Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor