4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
We had this recommended to us. The picture quality isn't amazing but the night vision feature is excellent. We have been using it for months and love the fact we can see whether he's safe or even just sleeping in his cot from wherever we are in the house. The battery isn't great but is better than people make out on these reviews. It will last a good few hours.
Published 3 months ago by Mr R A Sidebottom

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful don't buy
Arrived promptly as described. V easy to use. Happy with sound and picture quality. only niggle so far is the parent unit does not stand on its own but is designed to hang from something which is not how I would be using it.

Published 24 months ago by Mable Tosay

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful don't buy, 1 May 2013

now baby is 11 days old I sadly have to change my review. The monitor suddenly stopped functioning today - parent unit won't work so sending it back. also I agree with others who are frustrated at the short battery life when unplugged. Also I find the volume on lowest settling is still 2x louder than I would desire.

So... The product was replaced but has now broken again - Baby now 21 weeks old! And we have hardly used it since it was replaced. I would definitely not recommend this item. Also think twice about buying through Amazon as I'm struggling to get either Motorola or the seller to honour the 12 month warranty - watch this space...

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 4 Jan. 2015

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok., 11 April 2015
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Works as advertised. Battery life on the monitor is SHORT! The camera can be a bit awkward to place if you don't have a flat surface to put it on that is close enough to the crib, and it has a read light that makes babies very curious to try to reach (not necessarily a good thing when you want them to sleep!). Overall we use this and like that we can use it to talk to our daughter while she's in her room, but had we to do it over again I would have purchased another model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Motorola monitor, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Excellent monitor - great quality with night vision. Buying another for my sister who is due shortly. Would definitely recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clear picture but terrible battery life!, 24 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
The monitor is great in so many ways. Very clear picture, great sound quality and mega easy to use. It does however lose a star for battery life. It's terrible - after 2 hours it's beeping away to be charged (very loudly) I find I am keeping it plugged into it's charger 24/7! Other than that, a great video monitor for the price.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's alright - good range and sound but battery is rubbish, 19 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Very sensative to noise, but the battery is woeful - less than 2hrs before it starts beeping. The video is alright in terms of being able to see the little man - but not as good as a webcam would be for example. Will order a spare plug as it always seems to need charging when the film is getting good.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but annoying background hiss, 15 Mar. 2015
Good points:
- Quite well made units
- Easy to set up and use
- Night vision works well

Bad points:
- Picture is a little grainy, (the mockup images are misleading) but not a big issue
- Even on the lowest sound setting there is a background hiss that I wouldn't be able to sleep with

Previously we've been using the Baby Monitor 3G app using a mobile phone as the baby station and a tablet as the parent station. The sound quality was much better and you could fine tune the microphone sensitivity. However the app requires reliable broadband to work, hence we tried the MBP26 baby monitor. Probably wouldn't buy it again, but it seems one of the better monitors overall at this price range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 27 April 2015
Amazon customer (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
We bought this monitor as my husband has a hearing impairment. I'm so pleased we did. As new parents we worry about everything, especially when she's sleeping and is too quiet, we can just look at the monitor and see that she's moved which is very reassuring.

The only minor criticism I have is that the screen fades too quickly and if I'm cooking or have something on my hands and the little one starts grumbling you have to stop what you're doing, wash your hands and physically refresh the screen which can be a little annoying.

But overall we're very pleased with the product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Returned - failed on second use, 9 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Very disappointed. Was looking forward to keeping an eye on baby using this monitor which worked well during a dry-run but failed on first night of use. Would not charge or hold charge in battery. Quick response from Motorola, who suggested I return to amazon despite notice in box to contact them. First return to Amazon and was pleased with how easy that was. Will buy another brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased with this, 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor (Baby Product)
Absolutely brilliant. So good we bought one as a present for someone else. Good value for money and pictures are great.

Motorola MBP26 Digital Video Baby Monitor