5.0 out of 5 stars Was sure I was going to hate it, but I love it!
This band's previous album This is War, was always going to be hard to top. In my humble opinion TIW was outstanding, groundbreaking and it spent an awful lot of time on my car stereo.
Love Lust Faith & Dreams is not TIW, its is nothing like it, and was never intended to be. For that reason alone I was prepared to dislike LLF&D, but as it turns out I don't.
I...
Published 13 months ago by KJ Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars Far from "THIS IS WAR"
Published 15 months ago by LUIS

5.0 out of 5 stars Was sure I was going to hate it, but I love it!, 14 July 2013
I don't have time for all the pretentious rubbish I have read about this album. Where it has been called a departure from previous music, or breaking out in a new direction. Whatever, lets just play the music, enjoy the music (or don't) and lets not try and over think what this band should or should not be doing. This isn't politics it's 12 tracks on a cd that you will either love or hate.

I loved it, Jared Letos always been a bit pretentious (in my eyes anyway) Having said that, he knows music and he isn't afraid to do his own thing. I have to admire this album because if nothing else it has guts. It plays well from start to finish, And in it's own way is truthful. No I don't think it is as good as TIW, but then that album was written (it seems to me) with a passion, that isn't needed here, which is why I think it is unfair to compare them. LLF&D may not have the passion and the energy TIW does, but it still stands up well, and is an achievement Mars should be proud of.

3.0 out of 5 stars Far from "THIS IS WAR", 1 Jun 2013
I couldn't listen to this CD quietly, yet, but after one general review, I have to say that "LLF+D" is not even close from the masterpiece "THIS IS WAR", which contains some of the bests alt-rock ever written. At this new album 30STM just changed what they'd become, to (try) to evolve to a new and different sound, which is a very valuable attempt and risk, but for me, is not really working. Here you'll find more electronic sound, and maybe "deeper" lyrics, and less drums, guitars, and anthems.

Obviously, I am not saying this is a bad album. If you like the band, you will like this LLF+D, but forget about a new TIW. That was history of music. Unbeatable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could do better, 24 May 2013
Ok like with Muse, 30 Seconds to Mars have moved off in a direction that certain fans aren't impressed with (last 2 Muse albums have been very average). I think the 1 star reviews are very harsh, yes it's not 30 Second to Mars of old, gone are the edginess to their songs. Been replaced with a thin crust and gooey centre. This album feels like a concept album, but perhaps uncertain which way to turn at the cross roads. It's not bad (average), but they could do a lot better and hopefully it's not a sign of things to come.

3.0 out of 5 stars I don't love it (But I so want to!), 4 Jun 2013
I've loved Mars for....so long, but this album following 'This Is War' feels like a step backwards. Had the albums been in the opposite order, I could understand it. Jared's voice is wonderful and versatile as always, but several of the tracks aren't even proper songs in the sense that there are no lyrics or they feel unfinished. I adore 'Convergence' but there's nothing about it that says 'Mars' to me - any band could have written it. Also the lyrics are WAAAAAAAYYYYY too repetitive. Jared is one of the smartest, most articulate people and yet the lyrics feel very shallow. He relies too much on what I call 'cheap' rhymes (i.e the words are used solely because they rhyme and not because they work)

Birth - I'm guessing this is the 'Escape' of this album and whilst it's good, I wanted a full song from it, it feels like a snippet of a longer song.

Conquistador - I love this as there's something slightly 80/90s rock about it.

Up in The Air - I love this song, but again the lyrics feel repetitive and shallow. Angels/Demons in every song!

City of Angels - Hate this one. Skip it every time.

The Race - it's ok.

End of All Days - I LOVE this one, but on thinking about the lyrics, it's the same problem. They've all been said before in a different order. It almost feels like Jared is 'dumbing down' and that's really sad.

Pyres... - Not a track. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome and Jared's voice in insanely brilliant, but it's just another piece of music that could have been done by anyone.

Bright Lights - The song is the very reason I say the lyrics are shallow. The meanings behind the songs are deep, I don't doubt that, but this song just really disappointed me; 'A new day, a new age, a new face, a new lay,
A new love, a new drug, a new me, a new you' It feels more like a list than a song.

Do or Die - forgettable.

Convergence - Beautiful, but it feels like they ran out of song ideas (I know they didn't) and put these musical interludes in to fill it out.

Northern Lights - I LOVE this.

Depuis - Again, not a song, random bits thrown together and SO repetitive! Not a good end to the album at all. I always skip this one too.

All in all, I am really, really disappointed. They work so hard and I love and adore them, but this album feels unfinished and would have benefited from more tracks with actual singing in. Really wish I could be more positive.

BTW Still get shivers at the start of 'Kings and Queens' - That is what I want more of!

5.0 out of 5 stars cd, 17 Dec 2013
excellent cd, blast it out in the car every day while travelling to and from work, cheers me up enormously

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 6 Dec 2013
Stunning vocals and lyrically beautiful! It's a must buy. Fast delivery too - makes a happy customer listening away to a great album

3.0 out of 5 stars Will split fans, 21 May 2013
I think this will be a marmite album for most. For me I struggled to pick out any real standout guitar sounds in this album. Most of the big sounds are keyboard synth, Shannon does his best with his Taiko drums but if you like your music heavy with guitars this may not be for you. Some of my most loved albums I did not take to straight away and as such I will keep listening to this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 10 July 2014
Good

5.0 out of 5 stars Jared and 30STM😊, 3 July 2014
annemarie (Harthill, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love Lust Faith + Dreams (MP3 Download)
Well worth the wait for this

5.0 out of 5 stars Great seller!, 2 July 2014