5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Rotary Watch
As a watch collector, I could not believe my luck to find this lovely automatic Rotary watch at lightning deal price! It is very rare to see Rotary watches at lightning deal prices, so I had my reservations.

Published 8 months ago by A. Camilleri

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks classy - but lacks quality.
I ordered this watch during a lightening-deal evening, and so I guess you could say it was an impulse-buy.

First of all, the watch arrived beautifully packaged, and once opened I was very pleased with how the watch looked.

Published 9 months ago by Matt

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Rotary Watch, 30 Jan 2014
A. Camilleri - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Rotary Limited Edition Men's Automatic Watch with Black Dial Analogue Display and Black Leather Strap GLE000010/10 (Watch)

The watch arrived ahead of schedule, and on opening the classic Rotary presentation box I was pleasantly surprised to find that the watch body and metal clasp were sealed in transparent protective plastic wrapping. This was no return!

The watch is simply awesome, and looks far better in real life. The case diameter is over 4cm and with such a narrow polished steel bezel, the fascia is enormous, revealing great craftsmanship.
The Roman numerals stand out proudly against the black machined dial. As with all automatic watches, the second hand glides graciously.

The rear of the watch body is equally stunning, with a precisely aligned case, and the laser cut 1895 revealing the watch mechanism. The black quality leather strap compliments the great looks.

Handling the watch for a couple of minutes was enough for the watch to run for 6 hours!

Included in the case are dedicated watch instructions, a lifetime international warranty (provided a service is done every 3 years), and a 25 pound first service voucher. So basically I will pay 25 quid for my first service in 3 years, meaning that I am covered for the next 6 years. The warranty is not stamped, so I suggest you keep the Amazon receipt as proof of purchase. (In my case, this watch will go on an automatic watch winder to test for any drift)

Needless to say that this first looks review is a very positive one, and time will tell on how well this watch will keep correct timing. Hopefully I will keep you updated.

Cheers

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain, 11 Nov 2013
I was tempted to buy this watch through a chance click on lightening deals. I still am amazed that I bought it for £65. Searching the net revealed the same watch was £500 at Debenhams, £450 on Amazon and £170 on Ebay. I really wonder how it can be sold at this price. A very nice dress watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars lighting watch deal, 31 Oct 2013
The watch is really good in every way. I sense I had reservations about this purchase as it was the first time I have used 'lightening deals' with Amazon but putting aside my transit packaging concerns, It has been an excellent experience. I will certainly continue to view the deals in future and have recommended the site to several friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rotary Limited Edition Men's Automatic Watch, 8 Dec 2013
I love this watch. Nowing that I never need change a battery
Our wind it up, easy peasy. Everyone who's seen mee wering it gif me nothing but complements.
I LOVE MY WATCH ♥

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bargain!, 18 Nov 2013
As a man I wear very little jewellery but i do love watches! My wife spotted this one in the lightning deals and it was such a bargain she couldn't resist so I now have a lovely Rotary watch in my collection and I'm very happy with it.
If you see this in the lightning deals then get in there as it is a real bargai; a very classy timepiece that looks great with a suit!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift for my sons birthday, 19 Sep 2014
Great gift for my sons birthday, he's very happy with his watch. Ordering and delivery was fast and hassle free.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks classy - but lacks quality., 8 Dec 2013

I had the watch on for a good few days, and really did like how light it was, and how smart it looked. Many people complimented it!

However, after around 1 week it just stopped working, completely. Change of battery did not fix the problem either.

It's a real shame because I did like the watch itself, maybe I was unlucky and received a faulty one... although I always worry when watches are on offer (in this case it was 80% off) that they are either fake, or are refurbished ones sold as 'new'.

Sent the watch back for a full refund. Beware!