5.0 out of 5 stars Magic pen
Published 12 months ago by Mr. David Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what it is
Good stuff: my little boy loves it. From a teacher's point of view, the pronouncing of the phonics is accurate to what they teach in reception at primary school, which I was very concerned about, which is good as a lot of things you buy for phonics is American, annoying, and will not match what they learn in school so can be confusing for them. It talks with an English...
Published 7 months ago by Lou

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic pen, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog LeapReader Reading and Writing System (Green) (Toy)
I bought this for my 5 year old son, hoping it would assist in learning. I did have reservations, was it a gimmick?, would language be American causing confusion? I am very happy to hear British English from the pen. My son loves it and should get a good one or two years use out of it, before he grows out of it. It has to be said the TAG system is technologically very advanced and flexible. It is so easy to use especially as a self help system. A reading hour in the car is not easy when you are driving, but this system fills in for the occupied parent. It is no substitute for formal teaching but it is a very convenient supplement. It really does help and is fun. The only downside is the cost. We bought the pen, a set of long vowel language books, Mr Pencil writing, some story books and a map of the solar system. I think this is enough for background play. As my son develops, his main support will be good old fashioned paper books. Watch the video's, they helped sell it to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 19 Aug 2013
Only left out one star because of the price of the books and accesories . I would definitely recommend.this product to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars leapfrog, 13 Nov 2013
M. E. Taylor - See all my reviews
Super product good quality. Excellent way to get young children interested and enjoying reading and writing. Would recommend to all parents and grandparents

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 May 2014
Great little thing good value you have to download tthe book data to the pen tho which is a pain

5.0 out of 5 stars LeapReader Reading & Writing System, 9 Jun 2014
Four year old grandson loves his pen that reads books, maps, writing, sing songs and relays all sorts of facts. A great educational toy that we can keep adding to over time, by buying new stories or factual projects like Solar system or The Body.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great learning aid, 19 Mar 2014
Excellant learning aid for my grandson loves it .. I'm impressed myself how it works .. Just press pen on the page and it reads to you and helps you say the words .. It's great

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for keeping the kids occupied for an hour, 3 Mar 2014
Mr. Pete England "Zoidster" (London) - See all my reviews
The LeapReader system has worked very well for us and since one of the kids received it for Xmas they have used it quite a few times. The number of different books on the market is very good too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Feb 2014
Exactly what I wanted for my children. They enjoy them just as much as I knew they would. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 9 Feb 2014
Gift for my lil man, who was about to turn 4. He loves it and enjoys reading his own stories, loves the songs about punctuation too. The charge lasts a surprisingly long time. Would recommend. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 6 Feb 2014
Bought for my sons fifth birthday and just been setting it up along with the leapreader map, only took 10 mins to download and now its all ready to go. Looks lots of fun and with all the extra activities it should keep both my son and i occupied for a while :)