4.0 out of 5 stars Great product.
Only left out one star because of the price of the books and accesories . I would definitely recommend.this product to everyone.
Published 19 months ago by Yuccie

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish
I bought this for my daughter's Christmas present since she was given some Tag Reader books and needed a pen to work with then.

The good:
* Its easy to setup and use

The bad:
* Even though we have opted for Queen's English voices there is an annoying amount of American still there
* Apart from the writing books there are really only...
Published 15 months ago by James Snape

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 19 Aug. 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog LeapReader Reading and Writing System (Green) (Toy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic pen, 11 Aug. 2013
I bought this for my 5 year old son, hoping it would assist in learning. I did have reservations, was it a gimmick?, would language be American causing confusion? I am very happy to hear British English from the pen. My son loves it and should get a good one or two years use out of it, before he grows out of it. It has to be said the TAG system is technologically very advanced and flexible. It is so easy to use especially as a self help system. A reading hour in the car is not easy when you are driving, but this system fills in for the occupied parent. It is no substitute for formal teaching but it is a very convenient supplement. It really does help and is fun. The only downside is the cost. We bought the pen, a set of long vowel language books, Mr Pencil writing, some story books and a map of the solar system. I think this is enough for background play. As my son develops, his main support will be good old fashioned paper books. Watch the video's, they helped sell it to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars She loves to play school and this has been a great investment. My daughter loves to practice printing her ..., 20 Feb. 2015
Melanie (Sweden) - See all my reviews
We bought a leap reader for our daughter for her 4th birthday. She loves to play school and this has been a great investment. My daughter loves to practice printing her letters, plays the games and listens to the stories. We always have encouraged reading and writing, but now my daughter can practice on her own. She loves to play with this - especially using her headphones. We have noticed that her memory of different letters - both knowing and writing them have improved substantially since she started playing with the leap reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book inside here is pretty rubbish, it's used for getting used to the ..., 30 Dec. 2014
Got this on offer. Inside the pack you get the pen - used for all the books in this range, a book, one small sheet of paper and the USB cable. The book inside here is pretty rubbish, it's used for getting used to the pen I imagine but it's not great and would recommend getting a few other books with it. The sheet of paper is useless too. I do like this product, provided you get it chap enough. I got it on offer and probably wouldn't pay full price for this (as you're only really getting the pen)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy, 6 Feb. 2014
My 3 year old loves this, one of the best buys we have made, really would recommend this the only thing is the books are quite expensive

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 27 Dec. 2013
= Durability:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars

The good:
* Its easy to setup and use

The bad:
* Apart from the writing books there are really only Disney oriented titles - where are the great books that kids like to read?
* The reading and writing lessons do not follow the phonic system which many schools are using so it is completely useless as a companion to school and could create a lot of confusion

The ugly:
* This system does not work with many of the great Tag Reader books such as Paddington - that reader now sells at twice the price which is extortionate

My opinion? If you want to mess up your child's real school lessons and teach them how to speak American whilst marketing Disney entertainment then buy this. If you prefer an English accent and a wider range of books then look elsewhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic educational tool, highly recommend, 1 Jan. 2015
An excellent educational tool with lots of potential. Having purchased this for my 4 year old to help her with her reading I have to say I am really impressed. We have purchased several leap tag books, the world map and the solar system all of which are excellent and perfect for her age. She loves reading along with the use of the pen and the map and solar system are so informative containing lots of facts. A very clever use of technology to really help you little one learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 15 Feb. 2014
Exactly what I wanted for my children. They enjoy them just as much as I knew they would. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what it is, 11 Jan. 2014
Good stuff: my little boy loves it. From a teacher's point of view, the pronouncing of the phonics is accurate to what they teach in reception at primary school, which I was very concerned about, which is good as a lot of things you buy for phonics is American, annoying, and will not match what they learn in school so can be confusing for them. It talks with an English accent. It is very interactive.
Negatives: you have to download every book's software which is a bit of a pain. The battery doesn't last very long before it needs re-charging. The biggest problem is that the books you can buy for it online are not always clear about whether it is compatible or not. We have bought several books that are advertised as being compatible, but there is no software for them so the pen can't read them. Just be careful when purchasing books is my advice!

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Clever Technology., 26 Jan. 2015
R. Mussett - See all my reviews
Others found this very successful but my granddaughter found it hard to get on with. Their Mum spent a lot of time with this but concluded that it was too fussy for little learners. It required perfect adherence to the dotted lines and kept telling her to start again. Whilst I agree that this is the way to perfection, she soon lost interest in a talking pen! She gets on much better with a pencil and paper and a bit of encouragement.