5.0 out of 5 stars very happy daughter
Published 5 months ago by Kelstar79

2.0 out of 5 stars Misguided?
The technology behind this pen-based reading system is quite cool: a barely-visible pattern of varying dots overlaid on each page of the books allows the pen to know which page you are touching and where on the page. This triggers various audio outputs from the pen, depending on what mode you are in (read the page out loud, say a word, sound out a letter, answer a...
Published 10 months ago by Tim

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy daughter, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog LeapReader Reading and Writing System (Pink) (Toy)
great purchase for my 5 year old daughter who loves her books and trying to read independently. I only purchased a couple of the reading books to go with it but they work very well. I think I was unclear to what it actually was though and didn't realise it was just a talking pen! however, saying that much better than carrying around a tablet device and I like the fact that she is reading a 'proper' book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 2 Feb 2014
Bargain!!
Only paid 24 for this ( my friend paid 60) so was very pleased with that, daughter is 5 and loves to read, she loves this and we take it when were out in the car and she uses it at bedtime to, well worth the money and plenty of books to buy for it

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Jan 2014
Fabulous! Great for helping my 4 year old to grasp reading. My 7 year oldnfinds this great as she doesnt have to keep coming to mum or dad when she gets stuck on a word. And tue games also help her remember and learn. A big hit in our house.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mostly good, 3 Jan 2014
Brought this for my 4yr old daughter as she was said to be behind on her reading skills at school, I tried to sit with her and do fun sounding out and so on but she just became frustrated with herself and with me! I think the pressure made her anxiety rise. So I brought this in the hope it would make the reading more fun...it worked! She loves using the pen and it's more than just stories on each page, there is also games sections where they test the childs knowledge on what they've read and recap part of the stories. The system itself is very easy for her to use and she enjoys using it. What I didn't read when I brought it was that the pen charges off the computer/laptop and that you must download each story you buy on the Internet at leapfrog website. Having a broken laptop means that this task was quite laborious and meant she couldn't play with it on Christmas day so that information made clearer would be better. And obviously it is a little inconvenient to go though the download process for each book you buy. Other than that it so far seems really good-we have had it just over a week!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
amazing tool for young readers, my 5 year old love the independence it gives her

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic product, 11 Jun 2014
I bought this for my 4 year old daughter before she starts full time school. She is fantastic writing her letters with mr pencil, so please with the product best thing ever bought for my daughter.

5.0 out of 5 stars makea learning fun, 3 April 2014
I cannot express bow much i love this toy. My daughter age 3 loves tracing the letters and playing the games. There is a huge choice of well known titles to choose from and the way its works is exceptional. Cannot recommend enough. Bought for around 23.00 so well worth it

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 4 Mar 2014
My daughter is 5 and is doing so well with her reading and phonics, but sometimes she just wants to read a book on her own. This is the perfect answer, she can sit independently and read her books, but it has also helped her to recognise high frequency words, which reflects on her school learning. Better than I hoped it would be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Education!!!, 13 Feb 2014
My daughter has a lot of fun with this product. It is great for children to get involved with learning that is fun and inviting. Look forward to getting some more books in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Toy, 3 Feb 2014
Bought this for my four year old daughter for Christmas this year and she loves it. The interactive element is very clever and I would say it's well worth downloading the free music online, she has really enjoyed dancing around to that too. Bonus is that it does have head phone socket as well!

I would recommend this to anyone with kids around the 3 or 4 age!