5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Xbox One
I bought this drive to add more storage space to the Xbox One.

In June there will be an update to xbox one to allow USB drives. I have the update now as a beta tester so bought this drive.

So far it works fine and loading times seem slightly faster than they are off the xbox internal drive.

This is a good drive to buy if you own an xbox...
Published 9 months ago by Lee

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall as good as previous WD elements
The drive works well so far (less than a week's use).
However I note previous reviewer mentioned that the transfer rate was below par averaging on 40-45mb/s.

I found the same with mine, this is well below USB3 specs. By chance I decided to swap the USB3 cable from my old 1TB WD element drive and the speed shot up to 80 - 90Mb/s.

Furthermore when...
Published 18 months ago by James Bonn

‹ Previous | 123 24 2570 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Storage - Good Price, 15 Jan. 2014
This product is really useful. It holds about 465GB of data and comes with trial backup software. If you format the drive and remove this software it will still only hold 465GB of data.

It is great for storing movies, music, photos and documents. I use it for a ASUS netbook that only has 320GB of storage so it will hold all my netbook data and more.

I am thinking of upgrading my netbook to a full laptop and will probably purchase a 1 or 2TB storage device for that but this is great for every day use.

It looks sleek and is matte in finish and feels nice in your hands. Unlike some devices the USB link into the hard drive is secure. I bought another one (which now my sister has) and this one the USB connector became very loose after only about a year and keeps disconnecting. This one feels very safe and looks as though it won't do that.

All in all a good piece of equiptment and I am very satisfied with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 14 Jan. 2014
this hard drive is very compact and it did the job needed. I would recommend it as the price was very good

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant present, 12 Jan. 2014
This review is from: WD Elements 1TB USB 3.0 High Capacity Portable Hard Drive for Windows (Accessory)
Arrived quickly and in great packaging, great Christmas present, partner was very happy, as the computer was running out of space.

5.0 out of 5 stars Porable USB 3.0 Hard Drive-WD Elements 2Tb, 11 Jan. 2014
Excellent compact piece of kit-almost silent-very quick USB3. Requires one USB connection. Purchased 5 weeks ago-unable to comment on reliability.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 9 Jan. 2014
I have just received my WD Elements 500GB hard drive....used it once so far as a back up for my Mac (I've used it for the Time Machine function) and its perfect! I didn't need to manually reconfigure the disk...I simply plugged it in and immediately started using it! Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars good back up, 9 Jan. 2014
This is the first external back up drive that I have had. I am not an IT wizard so I was thrilled how simple it was to set up. Backing up is no longer a chore and I know that the 'back up' is locked away if the laptop goes down.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 8 Jan. 2014
This is the first portable hard drive I have bought and it has been perfect, no problems at all, and very easy to use. Great value for money as this is one of the cheapest 500GB hard drives I have seen. Would definitely recommend, though my only minor concern is the constant flashing light on the device, which although small, is very bright and as I keep in my room can be annoying when trying to sleep, however, this is only minor and it can easily be covered up or unplugged.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal!, 8 Jan. 2014
Extremely fast delivery, top quality hard-drive, easy to format to use on my Mac using disk utility. Now that my 1TB is full i needed additional space and this is just what i'm after. Always stick with WD for external Hard Drives - will never look at any other make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 7 Jan. 2014
Nice shaped, good working product. It's the second I own of the same company. It's perfect for saving everything in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, simple and "cheap"., 6 Jan. 2014
Mr. A. H. Blyth "Alec Blyth" (England) - See all my reviews
No need to use cost for not backing up. All will pack-up at some time. However, I use these purely for back-ups of photos, documents, music, system etc. Speed is of no great need although this is pretty fast. I have several of these external hard drives. I prefer to have many smaller than one large drive, much safer and less panic. WD has always been reliable. They are also easy to carry around and to connect to any computer. No doubt I will purchase more eventually and WD will be my choice.

‹ Previous | 123 24 2570 | Next ›