Format: Vinyl|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 June 2013
One of the things that I noticed from Lurhmann's "The Great Gatsby" (apart from striking cinematography) was music - the soundtrack so perfect and so organically merged with the picture, that I simply cannot imagine the film without it - this OST is a backbone to the film.

This is one great soundrack (one of the best for me in recent years, but Buz Lurhmann always had a great ear for the music - just check out the OST for his "Romeo + Juliet" - Romeo And Juliet), Film aside, this is just a brilliant and diverse compilation album that I am sure will play on people's stereos this summer. I simply cannot stop listening to it since I downloaded it last night. Surprisingly, even performers that I disliked previously I am beginning to enjoy - everything is so lavish and varied, and just beautifully made.

If you loved the film - buy the soundtrack. If you did not love the film - buy the soundtrack anyway!
on 16 May 2013
A great soundtack, one of the best in many years. The strange thing is that I normally dislike just about ever artist on this album but this all just works. The best or me, very hard to choose, has to be Florence or I am quite embarrassed to admit Will.i.am's seriously catchy Bang Bang. Worst is Beyonce's cover of Back to Black. The original would have it fitted beautifully into ths album without having to do this to it.
on 20 April 2014
I would happily give this more stars if it were based on a few of the songs of the CD. My favourite was definitely "Young and Beautiful" by Lana Del Ray. Some of the songs I just didn't like so much. I would recommend it though especially to fans of the film!
on 2 June 2013
Baz Luhrmann's Great Gatsby has divided opinion critically however the soundtrack accompanying his film is a vibrant array of amazing talent and fantastic songs. Every song, from the Emeli Sande's 20s inspired Crazy in Love to the 20s-Noughties dance fusion track A Little Party Never Killed Nobody serves as a crucial backbone to the film but are standalone songs in their own right.

This album has often been called a "bridge" between the heady jazz numbers of the 20s to the sound of modern music and never has a marriage fitted beautifully together. The standout song has to be Lana Del Rey's haunting Young & Beautiful. A truly soulful, evocative and haunting piece of music.

One of the most exciting film soundtracks to have been produced in many years. Listen to it now!
on 1 December 2014
I'm a big fan of Baz Luhrmann films and loved Gatsby. I like the music track because it has a great mix of music. I own many film track music albums but this is one of my favourite.
on 24 October 2013
One of the best soundtracks I have ever bought and haven't stopped playing it since it arrived. Makes you want to watch the film again too. Definitely recommend!!
on 7 September 2013
I love soundtracks, they help me continue to re-live the films I enjoyed. I don't however get the fuss over Jay Z, but on this soundtrack where Jay Z is also the executive producer (oops that could be a worry) it works brilliantly. I have not removed this from the car stereo since I purchased it. The new versions of previous songs (such as originals like Back to Black-Amy Winehouse / Crazy In Love-Beyoncé) really work well & the stuff you don't know soon work their magic. Love, love, love.
on 11 October 2013
I loved the soundtrack when I saw this in the cinema. Great sound quality from the downloads, I listen to it all the time!
on 5 November 2014
Most of this was too urban for me but it included several unforgettable songs that made me relive moments from the film.
on 29 November 2013
I absolutely love this album, which along with the Bryan Ferry Orchestra have been my most played albums this year.