5.0 out of 5 stars Ma review
I chose this rating because quite frankly, it deserves it. I would recommend this book to 13+ people depending on your reading standard. Is a great book, with a great plot, much like other books written by Michael Grant. I conclude it is awesomexD
Published 11 months ago by wa twist

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to Follow
A few minor spoilers lie within if you haven't read the first instalment, BZRK.

A Spoiler Free Bit About The Book

Published 4 months ago by Molly Looby

5.0 out of 5 stars Ma review, 24 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars BZRK Reloaded, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: BZRK: RELOADED (Kindle Edition)
I read BZRK after reading Michael Grant's other amazing series, Gone. The second i finished BZRK i was looking all over the internet to find the sequel. BZRK ends on a cliffhanger so i couldn't wait to read more. Michael Grant is an amazing auther and I strongly recommend that you read all of his books.

4.0 out of 5 stars BZRK Reloaded, 29 Aug 2013
This review is from: BZRK: RELOADED (Kindle Edition)
An amazing book with a great story! I love all books by Michele Grant especially the gone series. I really recommend all of his books...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good!!!!!, 7 Aug 2013
This review is from: BZRK: RELOADED (Kindle Edition)
This is a very fun book to read for all ages, it did get a bit confusing at times but it was still such a good book, I always wanted to keep on reading no matter what, it was good how you combined the adventure with action and romance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grant does it again, 22 Jun 2013
This review is from: BZRK: RELOADED (Kindle Edition)
Ok i have read all the gone series, Eve and Adam, and now both of the Bzrk books. And i haven't been disappointed yet. Only one problem, whose books will i read when Michael retires. 10 out of 10 again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: BZRK: RELOADED (Kindle Edition)
A book you can get entirely lost in I could not put it down, a great sequel to the first book

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 stars, 4 Jun 2013
This review is from: BZRK: RELOADED (Kindle Edition)
he continued this series with gone finished cause I can't find any books like this (other than the enemy series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Review for the....... [Book] BZRK: Reloaded By: Michael Grant., 24 May 2013
This review is from: BZRK: RELOADED (Hardcover)
I love the book and Michael Grant's work with other books he has made,
I deeply recommend you buy this book as it is one of the best books i have read,
Read BZRK First though.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to remember, 15 April 2014
This review is from: BZRK: RELOADED (Kindle Edition)
A fast pasted book full of everything some more that others but still amazing at the begging of the book I was not into it but tiny bit further I just could not put book down

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to Follow, 10 April 2014
Molly Looby - See all my reviews
This review is from: BZRK: RELOADED (Paperback)
A few minor spoilers lie within if you haven't read the first instalment, BZRK.

A Spoiler Free Bit About The Book

BZRK is left shaken after their last battle against Bug Man and the Armstrong Twins. Vincent is crazy and Ophelia is even worse. How will BZRK face up against Bug Man without their best twitcher and leader, Vincent? And how can Plath face that she didn't kill the evil Armstrong twins while she had the chance?

My Review

I was wary when I picked this up. I felt that the original BZRK was a really tough read. It's very sciencey and techy and I'm not. So just like in the first instalment, I just switched off when there was description about how things were working and about the body down in the meat. Because of this, I found it really difficult to picture a lot of things that were going on. I also found it difficult to follow in places. But this would be a proper geek's dream, but that's just not me. I imagine these books are phenomenal if you can follow Grant's tech speak, which I couldn't.

I found BZRK Reloaded even harder to follow because at first I couldn't remember who anyone was. I was reading and wondering who was good and who was bad and who was new and who was from the original BZRK. I hardly remembered anything. The confusing names that I couldn't pronounce made it even harder for me to recall who was who. And when new characters were introduced I got even more confused. I thought I'd get over this in a couple of chapters but no. I struggled the entire way through.

I also didn't care for the characters, but I think that's because I couldn't remember who they were. The very main ones I worked out and understood but I can't say I really cared for them. There was nothing pulling me to them, nothing making me want to read about them. I think this is why I found BZRK Reloaded so hard to pick up. There was nothing driving me to read it. But the weirdest thing is that while I was reading it I was enjoying it.

This, I believe, is down to Grant's style. I loved Grant's other novels. I've read the entire GONE series and Eve and Adam and I couldn't fault them, they were amazing. Because I've read so much Grant, his writing style has become so comfortable. The sentences within themselves, even if they're techy and sciencey, are so easy to read. I might not understand what's being said but I can read over it no problem. Grant's sentences flow so perfectly. It's so ridiculous, but I love how he constructs a sentence.

However, I did constantly compare BZRK Reloaded to the GONE series and Eve and Adam and it just wasn't on that level. I don't think that's Grant's fault though. I don't think I'm the target reader for BZRK where I am for his other books I've read.

What annoyed me the most was the ending. It seemed to be over awfully quickly and I hadn't felt any distress or concern or anything. I got to the end and was like oh, what was the point? Everything had been saved for book 3 which I feel like I have to read now even though I don't want to.

Evaluation

Plot - 5/10 - It was too similar to the first one

Way Plot Was Pursued - 5/10 - I found it hard to follow

Characters - 6/10 - they were fine and made sense but I felt nothing for them

Style - 10/10 - I can't fault Grant's writing style

Pace - 8/10 - the pace was fine apart from the end

Would I recommend it? Yes, but only to a very techy sciencey 11-17 year-olds.

Would I look up the author? Yes, of course, I still love Michael Grant's work, I'm sure there are others of his works I'll like better.

BZRK Reloaded was pretty much what I expected all round.

BZRK: RELOADED