5.0 out of 5 stars But why did it have to end?
The perfect gift for all historical movie buffs is THE ROMA VICTRIX WINE BEAKERCalix Imperium, Roma Victrix Pewter wine beaker
Published 6 months ago by IP

3.0 out of 5 stars Good show but the two boxests I bought had fingerprints ...
Good show but the two boxests I bought had fingerprints all over the dvds, presumably from the factory and one box set had broken hinges.
Published 5 months ago by william1134

5.0 out of 5 stars But why did it have to end?, 11 Dec. 2014
IP - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Be prepared for a lot of killing, bed romping, bad behavior, plots, war, intrigue, power plays, and villains, all Italian Renaissance style. I think the series did a great job portraying the scandalous goings on in the Catholic Church at the end of the 1500s. No wonder the Protestant Church evolved in the following century.

I really enjoyed the Borgias, even though there were many historical inaccuracies (Hollywood will never get history right). Stellar cast, even the supporting. Jeremy Irons is fantastic as Pope Alexander. Grainger's beauty is stunning, as was the real Lucrezia's. I liked seeing her strength (which was historically accurate) but I cringed seeing her lose that strength during the 3rd Season. Handsome Francois Arnaud's Cesare Borgia was fantastic. And Sean Harris was outstanding and unforgettable as Cesare's loyal killing machine Micheletto, an absolutely fascinating character. Gina McKee as Caterina Sforza was tremendous.

I so enjoyed seeing a strong female role. The sets and costumes are gorgeous. For years I shied away watching this series because my workplace is full of Borgia types (minus the killings). It's not perfect but certainly a great drama and a wonderful escape. I'm glad I watched it. It was worthwhile. I will say it was tough seeing the siblings hit the sheets. And I sure didn't like how the series ended. It leaves you hanging, wondering what happened to everyone....

5.0 out of 5 stars Ah Cesare Borgia mmmmm, 17 Dec. 2013
Someone recommended this series to me as I enjoyed The Tudors, Game Of Thrones and Rome. This was like those put together then times by 10. I absolutely was glued to it from the first minute. Apparently it's not historically correct but who gives a damn, what a story. Power, violence, the most beautiful man in the world (Cesare), the scenes and costumes are stunning. I probably wont see anything in my lifetime that I enjoyed more!! The only thing that gets close to this is the Spanish series Isabel which is just finishing on Sky Arts 1 this week after 13 episodes. Similar vein and also very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH EVERY PENNY - ABSOLUTELY MARVELLOUS, 28 April 2014
Jeremy Irons made this series, but there again, so did Francois Arnaud (wow!!!!) together with the entire cast. A wonderful production and thoroughly enjoyable and fascinating at the same time. Sean Harris also contributed his part. As I say, marvellous, can't wait to watch it all over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really compulsive watching, 1 May 2014
Aunty Anne (Cumbria England) - See all my reviews
We didn't watch this on TV, and the DVD's were so good that we were watching several episodes a night. SUCH a pity that the final episodes were never made due to the budget. Costumes, acting, sets, all absolutely stunning. So much so that we have now bought the book and have also found out where Cesare is buried. Quite sad...but we intend to visit his last resting place and leave a tribute.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 19 Nov. 2013
Fantastic production and cast. A tour de force from beginning to end. Shame that there will be no fourth series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent acting, costumes, 15 July 2014
Quality in every way . Excellent acting, costumes, pace etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
wonderful seller, quick delivery and accurate description. No faults.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
Excellent

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 July 2014
Very good value for money, delivered when stated

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding..., 19 Jun. 2014
Watched it all from episode 1 to the end over a weekend - pure incdulgence. What can one say about Francois Arnaud except yum!