4.0 out of 5 stars Just what i needed but stupid app function
I had looked at Eye-Fi cards for years but never thought the extra expense was needed but now with so many social media channels I have become addicted to sharing my photos on instagram.
Published 6 months ago by GadgetBoyz

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for photos only with IOS
Works seamlessly with photos great, but this does not support video for iOS devices,
something that is not stated very clear.
Published 8 months ago by raymond dethridge

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what i needed but stupid app function, 6 Feb 2014
So I brought a WIFI compact camera and although it took great photos they were nothing like ones achieved with a CSC (Compact System Camera). So I purchased a Canon EOS-M on a great deal.
Problem - I had to wait until I got home to transfer to my phone for Instagram - not ideal. Then for some reason I thought of Eye-Fi again and found this card.

POSITIVES
- It works brilliantly with it being built into the Canon Firmware.
- The transfers are faster than I expected - copies a high-res photo in around 10 seconds.
- The app is really easy to connect to, reliable and stable
- Now transfers video too (Updated 06 Mar)

NEGATIVES - All with the App - As of Feb 2014
- When you connect to the card and open the app it will transfer EVERY photo to your device that hasn't been transferred previously. If you have taken 500 shots since your last connection it will copy all those 500 to your phone. I have no idea what happens if you run out of space.
- You can only transfer the image to an iOS device once. So if you want it on your iPhone AND iPad you can't. It will remember what photos have been transferred and there is no option to re-transfer.
- You can't pick what photos you want to transfer. So if you have just taken a quick snap and want to upload it to Instagram you have to wait for any previously un-transferred photos to be copied over first.

OVERALL
I am impressed but a few stupid functions of the app really let it down. I don't understand why they have done it that way. It doesn't bother me too much as I now just use my iPhone as the storage for the photos rather than my camera. Then I just transfer all photos from my iPhone to my home system and leave the ones on the camera as they are then just duplicates.

Check out the app at: [...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Your photos on your phone. All of them., 13 Feb 2014
The Eye-Fi Mobi card does exactly what it says on the tin - transfers photos from most cameras to your iOS/Android device.
It does this quickly and they are then usable just as any other photo on your device, to message, email or post to social media etc.

However, once you connect to the Eye-Fi card all of your photos are transferred.
All of them.
In order.

So if it's just the last picture you took that you want, you have to wait for everything else to come across.
And once they've been transferred the card will not offer them up to a different device (if you're using an iPhone and iPad, for example).

Maybe this will change in the future with a new version of the app. Maybe not. In an ideal world I wanted to browse thumbnails of my photos, select the ones I wanted, and have those transfer. This isn't possible today.

There are 3rd party apps available (ShutterSnitch on iOS for example) which add a bit more functionality - for example keeping your photos out of the phone camera roll (where they inevitably all make their way up to your Photo Stream and everywhere else!).

Great concept - restricted execution for now.
4 stars for potential!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for photos only with IOS, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Eye-Fi 8GB Mobi Wireless SDHC Card for Digital Cameras (Personal Computers)
something that is not stated very clear.

2.0 out of 5 stars Unable to upload selected photos, 11 May 2014
I changed this card for a Toshiba Flashair for one important reason. If you take many photos on your camera and only wish to upload one or two to your iPhone, it isn't possible. You have to upload the whole lot even if it is hundreds ! Also if you've uploaded them and then delete any on your phone, it isn't possible to upload them again.
I think the Eye-Fi Pro x2 models have selective uploads but they are 80+ for a 16Gb version.
If this feature isn't important to you then the card is ok value but I found a Toshiba version 16Gb for 7 less.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 1 April 2014
Makes transferring pictures really easy and works with any camera that takes an SD card. Straight forward and easy to use

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get it to work with Mac or iPad, 9 July 2014
SpecialOrder937 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Having checked on the Eye-Fi website that my camera was Eye-Fi card-compatible, I thought that using this product would be a cinch: I just put the card into my camera, connect to the card's wireless network and transfer my photos. Unfortunately the reality was very different.

Before inserting the card into my camera I downloaded and installed the Eye-Fi app onto my Mac. Then I tried connecting to the card. It wouldn't work. After 20 minutes' trying I was finally able to see the card's network and transfer three photos - this was to be the one and only time the card worked. After this it obstinately refused to be connected to, so I switched to an iPad. This time I could connect to the card just fine via the iOS app, but it refused to transfer any photos. No matter what I did it simply refused to transfer anything. The Eye-Fi website, while it looks very modern and simple, is actually quite confusing and unhelpful, and there's no support telephone number in the UK. (It turns out that this card is only intended to be used with mobile devices, not desktop computers, which explains why it wouldn't work with a Mac, but the division of functionality between the Mobi and Pro X2 cards isn't made nearly clear enough in Eye-Fi's marketing. Plus it doesn't explain why this card wouldn't work with an iPad.)

Wireless SD cards are a great idea, but only if they work fairly effortlessly and make photo transfers faster and easier. I won't be too eager to try anything with the name Eye-Fi on it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product.Easy set up.Instant results..., 16 April 2014
Great product. Set up was easy, with great results from cannon to iPad instantly,I can now check the quality of the shot before getting home...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Product!, 1 April 2014
My boyfriend brought me a new Nikon Camera for my birthday and supplied the Eye-Fi card to accompany the new camera. Easy to set up by following the instructions online and great to share on my social media sites.

I'd recommend this to anyone with a compatible camera.
Caroline. T

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, as expected, 10 May 2014
S. Allum (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
I bought this so that I could upload photos to my iPhone (and hence Dropbox) on the move, and even "process" some of the photos using Snapseed, Camera Awesome or PSExpress on the iPhone or iPad. I have tried it in my Nikon D7100 and Fuji x100s and it works perfectly in both. Whilst it would be nice to have wifi directly in the Camera, this is the next best thing and a great addition to my photography workflow.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 11 Feb 2014
I found this very easy to set up (using iPad Air). Worked perfectly as described and transfer times are pretty fast. Loses one star as you have to connect to the card every time you use it. I believe this is more a fault with iOS rather than the card, but it is frustrating.

All in all does just what I wanted it to very well and I would recommend it to anyone.