5.0 out of 5 stars Fall In Love with this!
Published 5 months ago by Leah Graham

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointing
I have read all Cecelia's books and can't wait till her next book is published as I love her style of writing.Unfortunately this book took me quite a while to read as I just couldn't get into it.I thought the storyline was silly,predictable and slow paced.Her worst book to date.
Published 4 days ago by CLAIR

5.0 out of 5 stars Fall In Love with this!, 7 Nov 2013
Leah Graham (Tenerife) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: How to Fall in Love (Hardcover)
How To Fall In Love is an amazing novel. Cecelia Ahern just seems to get it right every single time, there's never a misstep in her writing, she always seems to be on point and How To Fall In Love is no different. The plot is just amazing, and it's such a simple premise: After talking a man, Adam, down from committing suicide, Christine tells him that she can change his life, that she'll teach him how to love life before his next birthday, and he reveals that it's in two weeks. So Christine has two weeks to make Adam fall back in love with living, otherwise he gets to take his life, successfully this time. Sure it may sound a bit morbid and you may wonder just WHY Christine is getting involved with someone who may or may not be unbalanced, but actually, that didn't worry me at all. I didn't care that Adam was thisclose to suicide, in fact I embraced it because it's what made the novel. Can you imagine if hypothetically somebody did that for every single potential suicide? It would be a pretty amazing thing, just saying.

How To Fall In Love is mostly a book about hope. It's about having the hope that even at your lowest moments, it can all come good again and that suicide isn't the answer. Adam and Christine's story isn't just a tale about Christine helping Adam, of course it isn't, because Christine's life isn't perfect - she's just left her husband, who's having a difficult time getting over it, her family life isn't exactly perfect, and she's living in a tatty apartment in the same building where she works. It's a story of two people helping each other and it is fabulous. I was so touched by Christine's ability to want to help, I loved how Adam was receptive enough to allow Christine to try and help him, and I loved the two as characters. Neither are perfect, but I loved them despite their flaws. I totally fell for Adam, and I wanted to save him just like Christine did!

I adored How To Fall In Love so much. It made me smile, it made me believe in love (not that I ever forget, so many I should say it reinforced my belief in love? Who knows), and it was special. Cecelia Ahern hits it out of the park with every single novel she writes, like I said before she cannot do any wrong. I literally raced towards the end of How To Fall In Love with my heart thumping, hoping so badly that I would get the ending I wanted, and the book just delivered on every single aspect. This is going to be a massive book, and rightly so because it is truly amazing. I say again that Cecelia is one of the most gifted, natural storytellers and Christine narrates this story beautifully. You will fall in love with it and I do not apologise for saying something that is clearly so cheesy, because it is actually true.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 2 Mar 2014
This review is from: How to Fall in Love (Kindle Edition)
Another classic by Cecelia Ahern, I don't think I have read a book of here that I have disliked, a true love story with some great quotes which leaves you thinking

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: How to Fall in Love (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. I love Cecilia Aherne books and read loads. This was a nice book and I would recommend to anyone who likes her books or similar.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lump in your throat kind of novel, but also amazingly inspiring, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: How to Fall in Love (Hardcover)
Christine Rose is obsessed with self-help guides and she owns shelves of books with titles such as How to Enjoy Your Life in Thirty Simple Ways and How to Quiet Your Mind and Get Some Sleep. But when she meets a stranger, Simon, in an abandoned building none of the self-help books she's read are of any use when she's trying to talk him out of taking his own life. Using the knowledge from her books as a guide she wills him to put down the gun in his hands but just when she thinks she's succeeded she ends up saying the wrong thing and he finishes what he came out there to do.

Wrecked by guilt because she was unable to save Simon, Christine impulsively climbs up the Ha'Penny Bridge in Dublin when she sees someone else who is trying to take their own life. Desperate to not make the same mistake twice she makes a bargain with the man, Adam. If he comes down the bridge with her she promises that she can convince him that his life is worth living for. Reluctantly Adam accepts her offer but with one request of his own: Christine has to work with a deadline. He will listen to her for the next fourteen days but if in two week's time, when he turns 35, he still feels like he does now he will find a way to end his life.

A book with a premise like that is bound to be a weeper, and it definitely is. However, it is so much more than that. I adore Cecelia Ahern's novels because she not only writes beautiful (love) stories but also because her novels have a hint of magic and the surreal to them, which elevates them above an average chick-lit. This one is no exception, as Christine running into suicidal people left and right is more than a mere coincidence. And even the names of the two main characters sounded a little fantastical, Christine Rose and Adam Basil could've walked straight out of a fairy tale.

There were many things I loved about this novel: The way Cecelia Ahern started each chapter with a unique "How to..." title, Christine's own personal growth, the absolutely stunning cover (seriously, I'm a little bit in love with it) and of course Adam; what a tortured and beautiful character. It was very easy from a reader's point of view to be taken in by him but this made it only more difficult to continue reading, because with each turn of the page his birthday, and with that the looming deadline, crept closer and the risk of losing him forever increased.

How to Fall in Love is a lump in your throat kind of novel, that's for sure, yet despite this it is also charming and amazingly inspiring, as it will make you appreciate the life that's given to you. It's the perfect book for anyone who loves meaningful and magical stories and for those who want to know how to fall in love. Just make sure you have a pack of tissues at hand when you start reading it, as you're going to need them.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing!!!!, 23 Dec 2013
This review is from: How to Fall in Love (Hardcover)
I have been wanting to read a really good love story for ages, one that's different and stays on the point. This book had me saying 'aw' out loud so many times!!! I read this book in 6 hours, i could not put it down for the whole day. It's just so sweet, genuine, lovely and heart warming that you suddenly live in the book and forget the realities of the outside world.
i swear, there is no way anybody could ever regret reading this book, its incredible. WHY HAVE I NOT READ ANY OF CECEILIA AHERN'S BOOKS BEFORE???????????

5.0 out of 5 stars A great twisting love story, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: How to Fall in Love (Kindle Edition)
Had no idea how it was going to end. Beautiful story and reminds you life is worth living and love can always be found

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: How to Fall in Love (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book and would totally recommend it just the right amount of twists and turns. Could not put it down once I picked it up. I hope there's more to this story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 19 April 2014
This review is from: How to Fall in Love (Kindle Edition)
A well written story. The ending could be fairly easily guessed but it was an enjoyable ride getting there. Great

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRULY BRILLIANT READ, 18 April 2014
This review is from: How to Fall in Love (Paperback)
A brilliant book, I would, and have, recommended it to everyone. I laughed and i cried, I just couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 18 April 2014
Clare McCormick "Clare" (Northampton) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Fall in Love (Kindle Edition)
Love this book, couldn't put it down. A real feel good book, just disappointed it had to end! Hope you enjoy it too.

ARRAY(0xb3d16894)