5.0 out of 5 stars serving in malaya
after reading the book it brings back memories of my youth and all the other conflicts and the hardships that these young men went through for freedom and democracy. I would recommend anyone who served in Malaya to read this book.
Published 11 months ago by mr j steele

3.0 out of 5 stars Malaya 1951/52
I served in the army during the Malayan emergency 1951/52 and did quite a few jungle patrols. The book gave quite an accurate account of the difficulties encountered when on patrol, but was only moderately interesting. It is a shame that someone like Field Marshal Sir Nigel Bagnal did not write his recollections of the Malayan jungle.
Published 13 months ago by graham finder

5.0 out of 5 stars serving in malaya, 4 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: National Secret Service (Kindle Edition)
The best true life story i have ever read.This book pulls you into the action and you are unable to put it down until you come to the very end.Highly recommended and with a warning,don't start to read it if you should be at work the following day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Malaya 1951/52, 19 Nov 2013
This review is from: National Secret Service (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tale but as an ex Jungle soldier myself some ..., 18 Sep 2014
This review is from: National Secret Service (Kindle Edition)
Good tale but as an ex Jungle soldier myself some of the phraseology was not as I remember it ? Only little niggling things like referring to the lead scout as the leading scout, One other thing we never were allowed to smoke as the commies could smell western tobacco a mile away, lastly I can never remember referring to the communist gorillas as "Charlie". Surly that was the Americans in Vietnam ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab fab fab, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: National Secret Service (Kindle Edition)
I don't usually read books like this, my friend recommended it to me and as it was on sale I thought I would give it a go. I couldn't put it down and I found myself still reading at 4am, highly recommend can't wait to start the next and I long for Mr Hudson to hurry up and write some more.

5.0 out of 5 stars It could have been me, 31 May 2014
This review is from: National Secret Service (Kindle Edition)
For those of us whose National Service did not take us out of the United Kingdom it is an eye opener.

5.0 out of 5 stars National Service, 25 April 2014
This review is from: National Secret Service (Kindle Edition)
As an ex-National Serviceman in Malaya the accuracy is uncanny. It brought back a lot of memories, both good and bad

4.0 out of 5 stars A gripping read, 17 April 2014
This review is from: National Secret Service (Kindle Edition)
I am going on holiday to Malaysia so wanted to read about The Emergency, I found this book gripping, very good description of life in the jungle and how tough it was. I felt sympathy for the writer and it all felt real to me. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 3 Feb 2014
J. W. Roberts - See all my reviews
This review is from: National Secret Service (Kindle Edition)
Having read "Loyal to the End" and having served in Malaya about the same time as the author, this was a natural follow up for me.
I enjoyed both books.

4.0 out of 5 stars National secret service, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: National Secret Service (Kindle Edition)
Quite a good read and the writer has done a great deal of research and the tasks of the men who have served along with him

National Secret Service