5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for fans of the Lux series!!!
In case you're wondering, yes, the Queen of Everything Jennifer L. Armentrout has done it again. OBSESSION was everything I hoped for and more. I was dying for this book ever since she gave us some teasers last May and NOW I actually can't believe I've finally read it!

Hunter is definitely the baddest hot male character Jen has ever written. EVER. He's also my...
Published 15 months ago by Josef Cruz

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Man, I was really looking forward to reading this book. I even pre-ordered it for my Kindle PC (a first for me.) And then I read it and was disappointed. This book swayed around 1.5 stars but picked up slightly towards the end.

Armentrout's books are hit-and-miss for me. I like the Lux series (they're not perfect but they're enjoyable), I really didn't like...
Published 14 months ago by Lhara

5.0 out of 5 stars Turnaround!, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Obsession (Entangled Covet) (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant! If you enjoyed Armentrout's Obsidian series you will love this. Its a bit more "adult" than the Obsidian series but not too graphic. Seen from the Arum point of view, the Luxen aren't all sweetness and light. Hunter, the dark and dangerous alien is hot stuff too! I hope there's more.

4.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Companion Novel for the Lux Series (if you're an adult that is), 11 July 2013
This review is from: Obsession (Entangled Covet) (Kindle Edition)
First things first it really needs to be stated that this book is NOT suitable for young adults. It is not part of the YA genre. It is set in the same world as a YA series (the Lux series) but it is not aimed at YA or intended for YA...
I loved this book! From the first chapter it captures you and refuses to let you go until the end.
It is full of snark and banter between the main characters. Both Hunter (who is Arum) and Serena are likeable and the relationship between the two of them is very sweet and very hot!
I LOVED how we got a different perspective in these books than in the Lux novels... In the world of the Luxen, the Arum are totally evil and in this book you realise that they are not... Okay, they are bad but not all are evil just as it shows that not all Luxen are good. It makes the point that in a war those on either side of the war think they are correct in their actions and the only people truly innocent tend to be those caught in the middle (and who generally pay the higher price for the actions of others).
I liked learning more about the Arum, what they can do and what they are capable of, and why they have to do it. I liked the cameos from characters we have met in the Lux (YA) series and while this book is a standalone adult companion novel I can't help but wonder if Jennifer L Armentrout is setting up a possible spin off or if she is just dropping some hints as to the direction of Origin and the fifth (and final) Lux novel...
All in all, thoroughly enjoyable and well worth the money - and the time - to read!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not my scene, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Obsession (Entangled Covet) (Kindle Edition)
Struggled really hard to get into this book. I found it boring, not my scene and gave up after fifty pages.

5.0 out of 5 stars NO CLIFFY!! 5 super stars, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: Obsession (Entangled Covet) (Kindle Edition)
Love the Lux novels, and having been in the light, I felt it was time I joined the Dark Side!!! And what a guy to follow!! Hunter, tall Dark and Badass!! Fetch me a cup of that Arum goodness for my bad self!
This novel is the start and lays the foundation of the Luxen Project Eagle. The war between Luxen, Arum and human kind.
We also stand tall behind the small but mighty Serena, while she battles for her life, after she has a strong case of bad place, wrong time, silly friend.
Cannot recommend this book enough, for fellow Lux lovers and Jennifer followers xD

4.0 out of 5 stars Obsession (Entangled Covet), 26 Jun 2013
This review is from: Obsession (Entangled Covet) (Kindle Edition)
Obsession (Entangled Covet) - loved it, will def buy more from this author. real good blend of all the things us girls like!! def recommend :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Hot, Sassy & Smexy, 19 Jun 2013
Book Angel Emma (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Obsession (Entangled Covet) (Kindle Edition)
Please bear in mind that this is a spin-off the Lux series and therefore the review may contain spoilers for this series.

Jennifer has done it again Obsession is a super hot, sassy and totally smexy romance.

The story provides terrific insight into the feud between the Arum and the Luxen. It was interesting to see how bitterness and hatred can be carried throughout the generations in-spite of the change of circumstances for both species It can be compared with inter tribal feuds, gang rivalry and the lack of knowledge/courage to think independently.

Obsession really does tie plot threads from the Lux series together. The inclusion of Luc added to the mystery that surrounds him and I cannot wait to get to the bottom of that mystery. A glimpse of Daemon (even though he isn't named you know it's him if you've read the Lux series) and the way in which the plot progressed via this spin-off was nothing short of genius. More plot threads are tantalizing uncovered if you know what to look for; leaving me completely desperate for Origin.

The thing I love most about Jennifer's writing style is her ability to create snarky banter between her characters. Hunter and Serena made me equally snort and swoon. I really hope we get to see more of them in the future.

Jennifer is one of the authors I would read anything she writes. I'm pretty sure she could make peeling potatoes sexy

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm already obsessed with this new series, 13 Jun 2013
Personally, I loved it!
I think its absolutely brilliant to see things from an Arum's point of view, and how the Luxen have effected them.
I really hope we see a lot more of Hunter, because he is fantastic, definitely gives Daemon a run for his money.
Also, the fact that this has a more mature nature about it (sexually situation), I think it just enhances the whole story, and creates more depth for the character's.

Overall, another sexy, brilliant and thrilling book by Jennifer. I truly hope they keep coming.

Highly recommend.

*Not necessary to have read the Luxen series*

4.0 out of 5 stars a lot more adult than the lux series!, 12 Jun 2013
This review is from: Obsession (Entangled Covet) (Kindle Edition)
This book has a good story line and it is fun to see the other side of the coin with the Arum as the main characters. The style of writing in this though jumps from teen romance to soft erotica. Still a good read but not appropriate for a younger reader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Arum hotness, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Obsession (Entangled Covet) (Kindle Edition)
Not everything is black and white. I'm so glad we got to know the Arum a little better. Hunter was delicious and I loved the banter Serena and Hunter had it was so funny at times and when it was steamy my sweet God but it was steamy. Love Jennifer's writing this book is most definitely dark and deliciously dangerous :)

5.0 out of 5 stars "You're more than a weapon, Hunter. So much more.", 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: Obsession (Entangled Covet) (Kindle Edition)
I think when we all first heard there was going to be a spin-off from Jennifer's Lux series, there was a collective round of cheering that took place. Then we found out that it was going to be more adult (aka steamy) than Dameon and Katy's story, and there was yet again a round of whooping and hollering. Then as we got closer to release, and Jennifer kept telling us how much she loved Hunter, we got even more excited. I have to admit, I was so hyped up for Obsession, I was praying it was going to live up to what I had envisioned in my mind. Well, not only did it live up to what I hoping for, it far surpassed it.

This was an amazing book.

"That's an alien. I'm an alien. We're aliens. Aliens everywhere, actually, which is why we have to leave. I'm sure someone called the police by now."

I loved being in the Lux world again, and it was so interesting and unique to be getting the story from an Arum. We all know those bottom feeders right? The 'bad' guys that the Luxen absolutely loathe, the ones we have all grown to hate also. I mean how can they be good right? Daemon is Luxen, he is one of the good guys, therefore Arum = bad guys.

Yeah, well... you can take all of your preconceived notions and throw them right out the window. Obsession changed everything for me. You actually get to see that the Arum and Luxen are not that different from Humans, in that there are good ones, and there are bad ones. On both sides.

"Well, the good guys really weren't typical. They really weren't the good guys at all, but if I discovered anything, there was no such thing as white and black. There was a lot of gray in the middle."

I was giddy when I started reading and discovered this was a dual point of view book. I had no idea and it turned out to be a lovely surprise. I was really impressed with Serena, it takes a lot for me to wholeheartedly love a female narrator. But Serena was smart and realistic, I got her and the decisions she made.

oooOOOooohhh... and then there is Hunter. What can I say? Oh yeah... Move over Daemon Black... there is a new alien in town. Holy wowzer. Hunter is H.O.T. He is such the perfect bad boy, and I can't see how this story could have been told without his point of view. I loved being inside his head. He is strong, confident, and doesn't give a damn about what others think about him. Once he makes up his mind about what he wants, he goes balls to the wall and come hell or high water he does what he can to make it happen. Honestly, he just makes me swoon. Loved him.

"Hunter's stomach was perfection--each taut muscle tight and totally lickable. Not that I'd ever licked a man's stomach before, but now I got why someone would want to. I was in six-pack heaven."

I am also happy to report that our very own green eyed Luxen does in fact made a tiny cameo in Obsession. As soon as I saw mention of 'green eyes' I had a complete fangirl moment. I actually started clapping, I know this proves me to be a complete sado but I just love when authors bring in characters that we know and love. There isn't even any dialogue from him but just knowing he was there, in the same room... Let us just say I can not wait for Origin.

"Never in my life had I been more frustrated. Go figure it wouldn't be with a human but a freaking alien. At least I now knew that the male species were a$$es no matter what planet they hailed from."

Obsession has been published with the understanding that it is a standalone novel. A companion of sorts to the Lux series. However, Jennifer made a comment on her blog a while back that it is 'currently' a standalone. I, as I am sure others, want nothing more than this to be turned into it's own series. And since I am a lover of conspiracies, I will also point out that last week Goodreads actually had Obsession listed as a series with (Arum #1) next to it. That has however since been removed and it appears to be listed as a standalone again.

I just can not wrap my head around this being it for Hunter and Serena. There is a larger storyline introduced into the Luxen world now, and Hunter and Serena, in my opinion are going to play a big part in that down the line. This storyline is going to have to cross over into Daemon and Katy's story, there is no way around it. In the next two Luxen books I am going to be wondering what Hunter and Serena are up to, where are they, what are they doing now? Yes, maybe they will be side characters in the Lux books... but that just doesn't seem fair to them. These are two amazing characters who deserve to have more written about them, and from their own points of view.

So, I will be holding out hope that Jennifer decides to turn this into a series... and if or when the announcement is made that she will be, I will be overjoyed... I may even clap again.

"Are you done acting like a psychotic, cracked-out Muppet baby?" he asked, and I could tell by the way his fingers spasmed around my wrists, he really wanted to shake me.

"Or do you need a couple more moments to return to sanity? I have all day. And you actually feel kind of good under me, so take your time."

Christine