on 31 May 2013
This book gives a totally different take on our little Luxen world. Being from an Arum's POV, you get to see a different side to what we already know. The characters are just soo lovely and every sentence in this book leaves you wanting for more!! If you are this author's fan, then you absolutely must read this book!
on 5 June 2014
This book was a brilliant spin off from the main story, i loved how the author has gotten in touch with the villians side of the story and shown how like the Luxen, not all Arum are as bad as they are thought to be! Would love to see a sequel to this book!
on 5 August 2013
Anybody who was as drawn in by the Luxen series as I was, will LOVE this book!
From start to finish it is filled with excitement, fear, lust and just pure emotion.
Hunter is the bad boy who usually shows no emotion and oozes sex appeal, whereas Serena is a feisty hottie that's filled with emotion, together they make this perfect love hate relationship that constantly keeps you gripped.
I love how stubborn they both are, how Serena never backs down and stays strong so that she doesn't over feed his ego, I also love that no matter how hard he tries to hide it, Hunter can't hold back the want and feelings for Serena.
I can't even explain how amazing this book is without spoiling it, so just read and I can guarantee you will love it!
on 18 October 2013
LOVED this. Not quite as much as the Lux series but still a great book.

It's nice to read a story set in this world that's written in "adult" for a change. Also it was good to see the world from the POV of an arum although I'm now totally confused as to who are the bad guys and who are the good guys!

You don't have to read this one to keep up with the Lux series but it does help to understand certain aspects of the whole alien v alien stuff and the world in general.

And it's also nice how it ties in a little with the Lux series, storyline cross over wise - we even get a little cameo from a certain Daemon!

Overall a nice addition to this world and I'm hoping she writes more in this spin off story!
on 13 June 2013
Personally, I loved it!
I think its absolutely brilliant to see things from an Arum's point of view, and how the Luxen have effected them.
I really hope we see a lot more of Hunter, because he is fantastic, definitely gives Daemon a run for his money.
Also, the fact that this has a more mature nature about it (sexually situation), I think it just enhances the whole story, and creates more depth for the character's.

Overall, another sexy, brilliant and thrilling book by Jennifer. I truly hope they keep coming.

Highly recommend.

*Not necessary to have read the Luxen series*
on 24 August 2013
Amazing book !! I actually read this before the Lux series but even so I could understand the story behind this series easily.
I need more Arun stories or at least Luc's story and the blonde !!
If you have not read the Lux series then I highly recommend you do.......Goddam Daemon (sigh) and Dawson (huba huba). Just read the series and you will soooooo know what I mean. But I digress back to this book Hunter is soooooo swoon worthy !!!
Jennifer Armentrout is a total literary goddess. I need more soon please Jen !!!
You will not be disapointed peolple so get buying !!!
on 29 June 2013
Love the Lux novels, and having been in the light, I felt it was time I joined the Dark Side!!! And what a guy to follow!! Hunter, tall Dark and Badass!! Fetch me a cup of that Arum goodness for my bad self!
This novel is the start and lays the foundation of the Luxen Project Eagle. The war between Luxen, Arum and human kind.
We also stand tall behind the small but mighty Serena, while she battles for her life, after she has a strong case of bad place, wrong time, silly friend.
Cannot recommend this book enough, for fellow Lux lovers and Jennifer followers xD
on 30 December 2015
Fantastic addition to the Lux series. Never thought I'd love an Arum but now of course I do! Hunter was alpha, protective and fiercely sexy. This book had an older feel to it than the main books. Possibly because the characters themselves were older but I think it's more than that. Their relationship developed in a far more 'grown up' way. There weren't petty squabbles or silly misunderstandings. There was plenty of action, intrigue and more of my favourite characters making an appearance. Overall, I loved it. Would love a catch up novella on them. Highly recommend.
on 25 June 2013
i love jennifer s books .she always delivers a good story . i always finish her book quickly as i can not put them down. .this one lives up to all the rest
on 6 June 2013
Not everything is black and white. I'm so glad we got to know the Arum a little better. Hunter was delicious and I loved the banter Serena and Hunter had it was so funny at times and when it was steamy my sweet God but it was steamy. Love Jennifer's writing this book is most definitely dark and deliciously dangerous :)