5.0 out of 5 stars A really fantastic futuristic tale, 18 Jun 2001
By A Customer
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! It is a fast read and a bit light weight but very enjoyable and believable (assuming you are prepared to believe in aliens!)
One of its main attractions was the mature nature of the romance between the characters. There were misunderstandings both cultural and personal but the main characters sorted them out quickly and realistically. I can't stand books were a 5 min conversation between the 2 antagonists at the start of the story would negate the need for all but the epilogue!.
I thought the idea of aliens approaching Earth with a view to trade was a good one and the main character's motivation for her trip into space made sense. The description of the various places visited and the realistic way that learning new languages was portrayed all added up to a great story.
This is my first book by this author and I have ordered her original book and look forward to many more to come. She has definitely earned a place on my "must buy" list.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a MUST READ if there ever was one!, 30 Nov 2000
By A Customer
THE STAR KING is one story I hated to see end. It's so darn much fun traveling through space seeing different worlds and peoples learning different languages, and having a great adventure while you're at it. The story is well written and very imaginative with stellar characters, especially the to-die-for Star King himself, Romlijhian B'kah (Rom). He's a special renegade in space! Ms.Grant does a perfect job of making this story seem authentic since she flies commercial jets herself. What a woman! So hold on and strap yourself in, you are about to take the flight of your life with a compelling cast of characters who also have a super sense of humor. This a great book. Brava, and a thousand roses to Ms. Grant. I hope she'll be writing more of these stories!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good book, 4 May 2014
This review is from: The Star King (The Star Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I have really enjoyed reading Susan Grant's books and the Star King was no exception. It had pace and engaging characters. If you were wondering what could happen if you hitchhiked into space - this is it!

5.0 out of 5 stars star king, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Star King (The Star Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
My what a story .. I loved it .. The emotions, the story line made me feel as tho I was there with the characters. It was a hard book to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved this, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Star King (The Star Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Wow. Loved this story. Maybe it's because it's about a 40+ divorced lady who found her soulmate from another planet or maybe it was that the story was well written. Anyhow, it means there's still hope for over 40s like me. Maybe our soul mate is right beside us and we just need to search within ourselves

5.0 out of 5 stars Right up my street for Romantic Sci-Fi, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Star King (The Star Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Having only recently discovered the genre of romantic science-fiction, I was thrilled with this book which could have been targeted at the not-so-young woman who is rediscovering herself after her divorce, and realising that she still has a life to live after the children have flown. I do so like a tale that takes you out of yourself, yet leaves you feeling buoyed up and excited when you put the book down. This is definitely a great book to have at your bedside. I might just have to read her next one - just hope it will be as good.