4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful but flawed model...
First of all I have to say my heart sank when I realised my package was being delivered by Yodel. I really thought my Enterprise really would go where no one has been before. However despite them not knocking the first time and just leaving a blank "sorry we missed you" card, I arranged for redelivery for free and they were spot on. Anyway, the model:...
Published 4 months ago by CN

2.0 out of 5 stars Diamond Select Enterprise E - Poor quality...
Having purchased this, I'm not very pleased with the build quality that I find to be very poor, certainly not worth the price tag, very disappointed with it.

- Joints between component parts are very noticeable, especially around the warp nacelles.

- Molding spru marks are noticeable and haven't been clean up properly before assembly.

-...
Published 11 months ago by Matthew James Norman

4.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful but flawed model..., 24 July 2014
This review is from: Star Trek First Contact Enterprise E Ship (Toy)

The Enterprise E is my favourite design of all the Federation ships. It's aged very well indeed (designed in 1995, and First Contact came out 18 years ago in 1996) and in my opinion looks more futuristic than the JJ Enterprise. It's a shame it didn't get a lot of screen time, and that it's last appearance was in a less than satisfactory movie.

Pros- It looks great on the whole. The lighter paint job which is pretty accurate to First Contact (I've seen the filming model) does more justice to the ship than the Nemesis DST model of a few years back. The decals are not stickers and the model is ready to go. The stand works fine for me. With postage it's around £20, a bargain really for what it is. It sounds good and the light effects are good.

Cons- Light bleeds quite badly, but I use this for display so I'm not worried. Panel gaps are a bit annoying, around the rear shuttle bay and warp nacelles are most prominent.. but some good modelers superglue will sort it. There's also big ugly trademarks under the warp nacelles. I don't know why they had to put them there, but they can be removed. A couple of missing details. The filming and CGI model had "ENTERPRISE" on the rear lip below the aft shuttle bay, this model does not have that. Plus all the windows are white. I may get a marker and sort that out.

On the whole a good model at a great price. It's pretty fragile, so I don't think it would hold up as a toy like the old Playmates ships (how awful was the Playmates E though? Looked nothing like the actual ship!) I'm pretty happy with it for £20... and IMO it's better than the Nemesis version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Star Trek First Contact Enterprise E Ship (Toy)
My grandson absolutely love this. quality is very good with an excellent sound effect that he loves so much.

5.0 out of 5 stars One Beautiful Ship..Shields!!, 18 Aug 2014
Mrs. L. Waite "madasafish4" (Worcestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Trek First Contact Enterprise E Ship (Toy)
Brilliant model of Enterprise E from First Contact..Great accurate colour scheme lighting and sound effects. Ok, there are a few issues with lighting 'bleed through' but on the whole I'm very happy with this purchase from Amazon, AND I'm so glad I bought it a few weeks ago when it cost just £16! :) It's now shot up in price again..prefer it to the Nemesis version..

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a Trekkie!, 11 Nov 2013
Dave C (Doncaster UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Trek First Contact Enterprise E Ship (Toy)
I bought this for my son, and he absolutely loves it. If your a Trekkie fan...then this is for you. The sounds are good, with a lot of different quotes combined with laser fire. Delivery was fast with no damage...

2.0 out of 5 stars Diamond Select Enterprise E - Poor quality..., 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: Star Trek First Contact Enterprise E Ship (Toy)

- Parts aren't joined together properly (fairly large gaps and not glued properly along the whole length of joints...).

- Plastic is very thin and spoils the light up effects: Where the light up sections are, the lights can be seen through the plastic of the hull, not just the colored bit's it should shine through e.g. Light shines through the whole of the front engineering hull, nut just the deflector dish..The whole front of the warp nacelles glow, not just the red a blue areas as the light shines through the thin grey plastic....

On the whole a very poor model for collectors.....

5.0 out of 5 stars Trek, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Star Trek First Contact Enterprise E Ship (Toy)
My fav version of the enterprise great detail and light and sound over all good toy and collectors piece
5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Sir, there's another starship coming in..., 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Star Trek First Contact Enterprise E Ship (Toy)
Browsing Amazon the other day, i was delighted to come across a bargain priced Diamond Select Starship, which usually retail in the £40-£50 range and snapped it up straight away! I thought i was getting the first, much older release given the price, but this version of the Enterprise is the most recent version in the new style packaging and sfx!

The ship itself is beautiful and comes with a 'try-me' feature that can be turned either off or into full mode by removing the battery hatch and flicking the switch.

The lighting on the ship is very brilliant and, unlike the older release, doesn't bleed through the plastic.

For the price i bought it (£22,59) you cannot go wrong!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy it!!, 21 Feb 2014
This review is from: Star Trek First Contact Enterprise E Ship (Toy)
The ships painting is awful! the stand it connects to is crap! so many gaps and light leaks its seriously unbelieveable! Now ive actually went out and just bought the model kit instead to do myself as i could do a better job! dont buy it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Sound system fault, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Star Trek First Contact Enterprise E Ship (Toy)
The products sound effects system can only play one of the six effects listed with product. "All hands battle stations"

Star Trek First Contact Enterprise E Ship