4.0 out of 5 stars WOW
Emerald By Kasey Millstead
4/5

This is Kasey's second book.
Published 21 months ago by lizstephenson28blog

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but...
Published on 17 May 2013 by Deborah

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but..., 17 May 2013
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Emerald (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book but I really wanted to like it more. It's a heart wrenching story of Jemma who's suffered at the hands of her parents, her father through abuse and her mother through neglect, even when she runs away she never fully escapes, she's never had a friend or been on a date or even had a drink. Things change with a job she loves, her first friends and first boyfriend Travis. I loved all the characters, I'm not including her parents in this obviously, what I didn't like was all the different Jemma's, rational Jemma, selfish Jemma, actual Jemma I also thought it should have been longer it went from first date to wow in no time at all which I know happens but I felt in his case especially it should have had maybe more about how he'd liked her for along while etc I know this is hinted at but it moved too quickly I think for him without this. Also him calling her mama it made me cringe every time I don't really know why and I'm assuming it's just me but It didn't sit right.
I did enjoy it and I cried and cried in places I think 3 1/2 stars would be fair rating but its well worth a read and the things that annoyed me might not bother you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a read, 17 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Emerald (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely love Kasey Millstead books and this one is no different. The book was fantastic and also portrayed a heart wrenching story and she did it very well.
it is definitely worth a read!!

4.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 24 Sept. 2013
Emerald By Kasey Millstead
4/5

This is Kasey's second book.
WOW what a second book, I fell in love with the characters straight away, was so intrigued by Jemma from the very start, the mystery around her was well built up to a shocking discovery, Kasey handled Jemmas story with finesse and empathy, a real roller coaster of emotions I went through each and every one right along with her.
Travis is a man on a mission and that mission is to have Jemma as his, he patient and gentle with Jenma, and when she reveals her past, it just makes him love her more and makes him even more determined to not only make her his but to always protect her.
I loved this book I would have given 5/5 but where as I found Kasey's first book was to long , I found this one to short , I would have like more details in the lead up to or after some scenes

5.0 out of 5 stars Emerald, 27 July 2013
This review is from: Emerald (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book. it was well written and kept the reader wanting more (well it did me) Well worth reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!!!!!, 12 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Emerald (Kindle Edition)
What a beautiful story. Had me hooked from the start and in tears at the end. Looking forward to reading some more of your work.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 22 May 2013
This review is from: Emerald (Kindle Edition)
It was ok. Not the best of reads. The book had lots of errors with the words you can get by but shouldn't have too.

1.0 out of 5 stars None, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Emerald (Kindle Edition)
This book is quite a good storyline if not for being so badly edited. The slang language and constant overuse of the word babe is also annoying. Gave up less than half way through.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Emerald (Kindle Edition)
Really did enjoy the book but did think it could have been longer which is why 4stars not 5! Thought the certain bits of it could have been made bit more of however great story very difficult subject which was written very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting and helpful, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Emerald (Kindle Edition)
The main theme of the story is finding and accepting love after suffering abuse. The book deals with a very sensitive issue in a thoughtful way and, I think, would be an interesting book for survivors of abuse. Whilst not being a full on lecture, it does get it's message across, that survivors of abuse are able to overcome their past and make a bright future for themselves. It's not the best written book, but the storyline and characters more than compensate for this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Emerald (Kindle Edition)
Could not put this book down, right from the beginning until the end. It had me completely gripped where I just needed to find out how the story ended.

The story focuses on the growing relationship between Jemma and Travis. Travis is a private investigator who feels an instant connection to Jemma. Although Jemma feels the same connection, she has been the victim of an abusive childhood that leads her to experience difficulty in bonding with others. We get to see how Travis helps Jemma slowly through her issues as well as finding justice for her past.

How Travis is with Jemma is utterly beautiful and Jemma is a great female lead. The moments where Jemma is indecisive and talks it through in her mind add a lot of humour to some difficult subject areas.

I didn't realise that there is another book, Sapphire, that focuses on other couple in the story so I will download and read this next (although I think it was before this book). Overall, a truly great book that you'll probably re-read and will stay with you long after finishing it. Great for fans of hopeless by colleen noover. Highly recommended

Emerald