4.0 out of 5 stars Timebound
A very enjoyable read can't wait for the next book to come along to see what adventures Kate gets up to
Published 6 months ago by Antony Leak

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read
Published 6 months ago by Mike Fisher

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Timebound (The Chronos Files Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Time travel fascinates me and this is an interesting perspective. The timelines are well managed and explained and whilst the story is interesting it just unfolds rather than grabbing hold of your total interest. Would I read part two? Yes I probably would to find out where the writer is taking the story, but perhaps this book's end lacks the normal end of a book that seems destined to lead to a part two. A really strong link to hold onto and desire to find out what happens next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timebound, 8 Feb 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 21 Feb 2014
It,s not a book that is obvious what the end will be. I found it had me guessing what came next and I wished it had carried on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Teen Time Travel Written With Skill, 13 Feb 2014
Georgiana (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timebound (The Chronos Files Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I don't ordinarily gravitate towards time travel fantasies as I find there are too many opportunities for plot holes, which can really ruin the experience of reading a book. I bought Timebound on a Kindle recommendation and I was pleasantly surprised: it is something of an exception. Rysa Walker has written this novel very cleverly, so that the reader doesn't feel like any inconsistencies have to be ignored to enjoy the plot.

The storyline was more complex than I was expecting: Walker is not simply occupied with the novelty of time travel and weaves in an interesting subplot about a cult-like religion and this certainly made Timebound a more compelling read.

This is an enjoyable YA fantasy that, stylistically, reminds me more of Meg Cabot than Cassandra Clare (for readers looking for a reference point).

4.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and Gripping, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Timebound (The Chronos Files Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Wow, an amazing story. The author has obviously put a lot of thought into the characters and the way in which the story will go. The only reason I give this four stars instead of five is that there is very little disbelief presented when the main character is introduced to time travel. However, this is a small oversight at the beginning of the story with the character building and there could even be a reason for it. Overall, a very enjoyable read that keeps the reader going and I am looking forward to the obvious next instalment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating story of time travel and love, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Timebound (The Chronos Files Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Great story which grips you from the first page which mixes time travel with teenage angst which will appeal to all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing book..., 3 Feb 2013
This is an amazing book! A time-travel novel like no other I've ever read and I am astounded at the ability of the other to keep track of the different time zones and events and yet still keep the story rolling. And roll it does, gathering pace and drawing in the reader at every page. I admit I had to re-read the first couple of chapters to get a better sense of what was going on but once that was done the story made perfect sense to me(!!). I know little of American history but it appears that the author has done her research on this and she is more than just an accomplished writer but also an intelligent one too. I loved the characters, especially Kiernan...I await the next instalment with bated breath!

5.0 out of 5 stars Homebound (the chronos files), 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: Timebound (The Chronos Files Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
An excellent read. I really enjoyed it. I was a little concerned when I read some of the other reviews as they said the story line was complicated and difficult to follow, however I did not find that at all. The story seemed extremely well thought out and easy to read although once or twice I had to re-read a paragraph or two just to make sure I'd got it right.
All in all I enjoyed the book and I am now waiting for the next release from this talented writer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book, 27 Jan 2014
Z. E. Muse (North East England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Timebound (The Chronos Files Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book, I'm a fan of time travel novels anyway, but this book gripped me from the start. It's not a "switch off and relax" type of book, there is a lot going on, but it's my difficult to keep track. Loved the characters, the history and the storyline.....when is the sequel??? Very much hoping to read about Kate, Trey, Kiernan, Katherine and Connor again. It can't end here!! Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good story, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Timebound (The Chronos Files Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
At times you may think this book confusing, the different time lines I intersecting with each other, but stick with it an interesting story and we'll worth a read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›