4.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Rough Guide Amsterdam
Published 21 months ago by Mr. Ron Langley

3.0 out of 5 stars Amsterdam Guide
This book is a little out of date. It said about a restaurant to go to for a bargain meal. However the meal deal was over when we got there even though it was still early and we ended up paying much extra in a very poor restaurant. Some of the advice in the book was poor.
Published on 4 Nov 2011 by Bling

4.0 out of 5 stars Pocket Rough Guide Amsterdam, 26 Nov 2012
Neat, literally pocket sized guide. Lots of in depth information about the sites Amsterdam has to offer. Good tips about getting from the airport into Amsterdam. Used the train from the airport into the centre. Stops at a couple of stations that have 'Amsterdam' in the name - but it is 'Amsterdam Central'you need. One strange thing, got on train, and left Amsterdam Central without tickets be checked or surrendered.
Particularly liked the waterproof removable map. Small scale but useable. The one I bought was an older edition - hence only 4 stars - ensure you get the most up to date copy you can.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maximise your time!, 21 Oct 2013
I had a 4 day break in Amsterdam and found the suggestions in the book invaluable. Spent about 1 hour at the start planning out the 4 days and felt like an expert plotting my way around Amsterdam maximising every minute and every euro. The restaurant suggestions were spot on eg value for money. I will definitely but these guides when visiting other ciies

5.0 out of 5 stars Amsterdam Guide, 3 April 2014
This review is from: Pocket Rough Guide Amsterdam (Pocket Rough Guides) (Kindle Edition)
Good Guide well written - worth buying - succinct and easy to use - one of the better guides I've used

4.0 out of 5 stars Martin Dunford, Phil Lee and Karoline Thomas – Pocket Rough Guide: Amsterdam | Review, 16 Feb 2014
I bought this pocket guide because I'm heading to Amsterdam with my girlfriend in March, and I wanted a quick read to get me excited about the trip and to teach me about the city. This guide did the trick, and I'll be taking it with me to refer to it.

The in-depth guide to the city is well-researched and quirky with as much personality as the city itself, and the writing is lucid and evocative, although there are a couple of typos here and there. Still, I now know a lot more about the city I'm about to visit, and I can't wait to visit some of the places I read about. I just wish we had more time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book to take on a weekend break, 11 Dec 2013
I bought this book to take on a weekend break. The map was extremely useful and it was worth the money just for that on its own. Great purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful guide, 17 Nov 2013
J. R. Ashby (Bedfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
I found this book very helpful on a wide range of topics. It is full of all sorts of useful information whatever your tastes and interests.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, great pocket sized guide, 5 Nov 2013
Great size, fits in a small bag so not a huge book to carry around. Great pull out map, we also thought the restaurant recommendations were good, we tried a few and they were great and good value! Would highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little book, 26 Oct 2013
K. J. Beard (England) - See all my reviews
Really good little guide book . Great for weekend break in such a great city. Has enough info to give the basics

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 20 Sep 2013
F. Stewart - See all my reviews
as always teh rough guide did not disappoint. Good clear desriptions and some nice itneresting alternatives to the usual tourist stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 10 Sep 2013
excellent handy sized edition with all the best places to visit on a first trip to the city. the map was useful and we were able to find all the best tourist spots at a glance.