Format: Audio CDChange

on 17 June 2013
I confess to be slightly underwhelmed the first time I listened. I guess I was expecting something instantly mind blowing, what with the gap between this and their last studio album (what is it - 7 years?) Anyway I've had it on about 5 or 6 times now and I am happy to say my reservations were unfounded: it is a pure joy all the way through. Each track is totally different to the others but they are all epic in their own way. Thank you Aston and Matt!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 July 2013
I agree with one of the other reviewers in that I too found the first play or two slighltly under-performance and under-wealming. Ditto, same here - after such a lengthy gap between this and their last album I was also expecting a mind blow. Still a great album though. My only real disappointment is that a promise made (at least I'm certain there was talk of by the Freestylers some time back) to have a Tenner Fly track appear never happened? It would have been a brilliant belting addition to an album filled with various vocal goodies and styles. Personally the house music track could have been dropped and Tenner Fly re-instated. I think that this salute to the past would have complimented the idea that with this album the Freestylers have absolutely gone a full circle over their amazing career (see the album sleeve notes). What happened to the Navigator as well? Lastly - don't leave it too long next time, okay?
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 August 2013
I have loved all of the previous albums and was looking forward to this new release but this is just awful. Most of the tracks sound just like any other 'urban' track you'd hear on the radio and it really sounds like they've sold out for a more commercial sound. There's no energy in this at all, it's over-produced and not even one stand out track. Sorely disappointed.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse