4.0 out of 5 stars solar charger recommended.
Works really well, connected my MP 3 that had not much battery. Put the solar charger on out side of my bag so sun could recharge my MP3 and it work great. I played my MP3 player for 4 hour non stop and my MP3 player was fully charged.
Published 22 months ago by karen perry

3.0 out of 5 stars Small but not much good for smart phones
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Small but not much good for smart phones, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Universal Portable Solar Charger for Mobile Phone, Camera, Tablet (Electronics)
The item is nice and small but the internal battery is only 1200mAh and the solar cell output only 40mAh so for my galaxy S3 whose battery is 2100mAh. Fully precharged it only added another 44% before being exhausted. Given that it takes 20-24 hrs of bright sunlight to charge from scratch this is not going to keep a smart phone user going for long. Is probably ideal for an mp3 player our older basic mobile phone, but for anything that uses a battery over 1000mAh I would go for something much bigger.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for emergency - but don't expect a full Charge, 21 Aug. 2013
I charge this product all day. Then attached my phone, and it only charged for 52 percent. I thought it would be a full charge. Oh well.

4.0 out of 5 stars solar charger recommended., 28 July 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly just the job, 8 Sept. 2013
Seems a nice little device, but can't see why you have to start the recharge from a USB port as it won't start charging from solar from being drained so if you're in middle of nowhere you would only use it to charge something once. It does charge things to about half full from a flat state.

3.0 out of 5 stars so so, 3 Sept. 2013
Needs to be fully charged on a computer to really work. ..the solar option isn't as effective. Handy for backup but I couldn't get it to full solar power even spending hours in very bright sunlight

3.0 out of 5 stars Clever little gadget, 14 Sept. 2013
But we only tested it over a four day period camping. Plenty of sunshine but this needed a quick start on the car charger once it was drained. Charging of tablet was unfortunately only tested while the tablet was in use - I would have liked to set it charging while it was off. Would be no use if no access to car charger...and we can charge the tablet that way anyway.
However great to top up phones etc

2.0 out of 5 stars Not what I was looking for, 29 July 2013
Didn't charge in a couple of hours of bright sunlight to add any charge to my phone, and so not much use if trekking and away from mains voltage.

3.0 out of 5 stars Solar charger?????, 10 Aug. 2013
Searched for a solar charger for my phone as I am attending a festival next weekend and needed it to keep my phone topped up! Didn't impulse buy, actually read reviews and searched through several different makes and models!
Received my charger, excitedly opened my parcel and read the instructions. 'Fully charge before first use' it said, expected action, '2 methods of charging unit' it said, fine, read on, 'attach to computer via usb or place in direct sunlight', I'm in my car on a hot sunny day, not a cloud in the sky, lets try it! NOTHING!!!!!! It seems you can only solar charge the unit once it has been started on a computer!! Hmmm this will be useful in the middle of a field after the first charge........not!!!!!!
Other than that product is great, has it's own keyring hook so can be hung on bag or belt to catch as much sun as possible!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for portability!, 28 May 2013
Perfect to top up my Galaxy s3 with charge when im out and about, the clip keychain means I can hook it to my jeans, my bag pretty much anything so I can leave it to charge without having to think about it.
Great little device!

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work very well., 23 Sept. 2013
H. Whyte "morgannaa" (morgannaa) - See all my reviews
I this to use at a festival. It works, but only a very little. In the end I paid to have my phone charged which only cost £2. I understand how solar chargers work so improper use was not the issue here.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›