5.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade from the e-p3, 28 Nov 2013
These are expensive cameras, there's no doubt about it.

I loved my e-p3, it's been through the wars and come back fighting, I'm just an amateur, but I've won a good award with the e-p3 and sold the prize to get this upgrade. I'm not disappointed.

Main points for me / basically differences:
The tilting screen is nice, personally I was happier before as I worry it might just be another thing to break, and bomb proof is more important to me than a tilting screen, it also doesn't feel quite as sensitive. But it's bright and fine and the hinge is well made, not flimsy at all. I have no complaints.
The body is pretty much the same size as the e-p3 so with a pancake you can squeeze it in your back jeans pocket. It's tight, but ok enough that I do it regularly.
Silver version is prettier, probably a bad thing as you don't want to 'care' too much about getting your camera bashed.
Live exposure is great, not a gimmick. For long exposures it's useful, I don't do light painting, but I'm sure it'd be great for that too.
Wireless connectivity is more useful that I thought.
There's definitely a difference with the new sensor.
Stabilisation on video basically works now. E-p3 was terrible.
I don't have a problem with the video, I've used it for a few things and have no complaints, that said I've never used anything else so don't have anything to compare it to and I know that people prefer lower fps which isn't in there. Read about this if it's important to you.
I've not had it long, so there are no doubt going to be draw backs and failings that I've not spotted, and plus points I've not come to appreciate yet.
In summary though, if you can afford it, this is the most amazing bit of kit. I've loved my e-p3 and the e-p5 is off to a flying start.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and great features., 19 Aug 2013
This camera is very well made and impressively robust, it just feels quality. The image quality is very good, same as OMD and EPL-5, no better. The screen is nice but I would recommend getting the VF4 which is the best viewfinder on the market. Image Stabilisation with the 5 axis is great and does make a difference, you can hear it but not as noisy as the OMD. Very pleased I purchased this haven't tried the wifi but its good to know its there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Problen with Warranty, 11 May 2014
I had no problems with the actual camera but it did not come with an Olympus warranty. Sent it back to DoxDirect for a refund. I contacted Olympus and they confirmed it was an import from the far east.
As it was ordered and paid on an Amazon C.C. there should be no problem with my refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this Camera!, 11 Mar 2014
I was looking for a m 4/3rds camera to replace my ageing, yet much loved, Panasonic Lumix GF1.
After a period of research I decided upon the EP5; the IQ, ease of usage, specs, build quality and price point all made this the stand out winner for 'my' needs, i.e. an everyday camera that can handle the general range of conditions under which I tend to shot, i.e. street, social gatherings, low light situations and travel.
I was also attracted to the EVF & the 17mm lens included with the bundle, both items I am more then happy to have as additions to my kit.

The EVF V. 4 is a great addition, increasing the EP5's flexibility & usage- handy when you need it, yet comfortably stored away when not.
The 17mm 1.8 lens is a firm favourite, providing that much loved focal length for street shooters - it's fast, sharp and great for manual focusing... esp. now the focus peaking on the EP5 is so easy to access.

I am a firm fan of olympus cameras (owning the OMD EM5 & a TG2) finding their usage, IQ and build quality perfect for my needs.
So far, the EP5 has exceeded all my expectations and I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars reasons to be cheerful, 31 July 2013
the lambanana "the lambanana" (liverpool) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
NO VIEWFINDER
=============
You can add one if you so wish. But it is a costly addition, almost the price of a second hand car. Olympus VF-4 Electronic Viewfinder for MFT Cameras with Accessory Port

LOOKS
=====
It has the retro aesthetic that several camera companies have aimed at. It also has DSLR image quality, all in a lovely, small, compact body.

PERFECT?
========
Not quite. I couldn't get the wifi-thing to work with my iPhone despite trying for three days*
The Autofocus is fast and responsive and the look and feel, well it feels a luxury piece of kit.
Although it comes at a luxury price.

(*three days- well it was actually two hours but felt like three days)

TOUCHSCREEN
===========
A nice but unnecessary addition.

DO YOU DESERVE A TREAT
======================
The Olympus Pen will not disappoint.
Responsive.
Looks nice to look at.
Feels nice in the hand.

IS THERE A BUT
==============
No buts, the performance is superb and aesthetically rather pleasing to look at.
But I think the viewfinder accessory is expensive.
I can live without it.
If you can too, I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why did I hesitate, 13 Mar 2014
I spent months looking at the specs of this, reading reviews and wondering if I could justify the price. I already have a couple of other cameras - one's too big to carry around, the other is an older Olympus Pen epl1 model. I wanted something that gave me updated features that I would use often. I already use the epl1 almost everyday, but was tempted by the up to date features of this model to want to upgrade. This is a lovely looking model in silver. It is light enough to carry in my bag everyday, which is what I wanted. I managed to get a free viewfinder with a deal from Olympus for people that had recently bought the camera. The viewfinder is a welcome addition, it does bulk the model up a little, but worth it if you prefer using that to the screen. I can't say I have used the tilting feature of the screen very much. Now and then it has been useful to gain a higher vantage point, but I could live without it. The wi fi connection to my phone is a great feature. I am used to the menu on this camera, with having an earlier model, though it's quite intuitive. This camera can be used by an enthusiastic beginner (auto modes) but there is much room to grow with the camera. I would say that the camera is ideal for the photographer who wants to take things more seriously but doesn't want to carry around a DSLR. The size makes it great for street photography. I have bought the great 45mm lens to go with this camera - superb! All in all, I am very glad I got this model and think I'll be using it for a few years to come.