5.0 out of 5 stars So far brilliant...
Published 8 months ago by Rangell

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected BUT it may be my phone that is faulty
Published 26 days ago by Taylor

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So far brilliant..., 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: AnkerŪ 5200mAh Extended Battery with Black Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4, S IV, GT-I9505 (Not for Galaxy S4 Active), with NFC/Google Wallet Compatibility [18-Month Warranty] (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I chose this because it was double the output of the stock item. The S4 guzzles power and the stock item was letting me down half way through the day. So far, I have not come close to draining this battery even with excessive use. I have even set the screen to be brighter with little impact on battery life. The negative thing is also a positive for me. The Anker is twice the thickness of the stock battery (not surprisingly) but they supply a new back cover which make the phone a bit chunkier. For me it actually makes it easier to hold. Of course the pouch I had is no longer any good but I'm delighted with the power of the battery and the new 'feel' to the phone.Now if only they did a protective rubberised casing to protect it...

5.0 out of 5 stars My S4 is now what it always should have been!, 9 Jan 2014
I switched from an iPhone to a S4 4g+ (i9506) because I wanted a bigger higher resolution screen. Very happy with the phone except for the severely disappointing battery life. What's the point of top notch hardware if you have to turn everything off and throttle the phone just to make it through the day with out recharging? My phone was running low on power by late afternoon, and going out for dinner would definitely kill the battery. Not cool.

So I ordered the 5200mAh battery from Anker. Sure, my S4 looks like it's expecting a S4 mini, but considering the guy carrying it I don't think it detracts from my "stylishness" too much. In fact, I kind of like the way it looks now. And even if it was hideous, for me the peace of mind would in any case be worth it. No matter how much I use it, important emails etc. will still reach me when I'm enjoying an evening with friends.

To summarize:

+++ for not having to charge at every power outlet in sight
+ back cover fits tight and looks ok
- for being somewhat bulky
- cover is more slippery than the factory cover

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic battery life, 27 Jan 2014
It looks a little bulky but in practice it doesn't really affect anything. The battery life is so brilliant, I used to barely get a full days use out of the original battery as I am constantly on the phone through out the whole day. With this extended battery I can easily get a full days use without having to charge it mid way through the day. An excellent purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 10 Dec 2013
Robin Armstrong (Northampton, Northants United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Arrived in good time. Takes 6 hours or so to fully charge out of the box. Runs at medium to heavy use for about 48 hours. Recharge takes about 3 hours or so.

It's recommended to charge at about 10% and then importantly to not leave charging at 100% for more than an hour, so no more overnight charging for me.

As I say, so far so good. It states 500 charges so on this usage it should last 2-3 years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker 5200mAh Battery S4, 8 Sep 2013
Mr. A. J. Wylie (Oxford, UK) - See all my reviews
Ordered this after a family member raved about how good it was. Item was shipped very quickly and arrived before due date, nicely packaged and easy to open.
Product is outstanding, have been using for a week and probably only had to charge 3 times. Battery life is lasting anywhere between 36-60 hours, which is so much longer than stock battery of S4; that is with normal to heavier use as well.
The battery and case does cause phone size to increase, having said that, it does make the phone a lot easier to handle. A must have for any S4 owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product by Anker - 5200mAh GS4 battery, 12 July 2013
The 5200 mAh battery I ordered was delivered to me for free within two day.

Now, the packaging was excellent and the battery and case were sealed. Having drained the battery once and fully charged it, it has lasted me for more then 2.5x the original 2600mAh battery Samsung provided. I don't know if this is related or if it is simply too soon to tell, but I have noticed that the rate of discharge and also, I have noticed my phone doesn't become as hot as it used to, even when I am using my sat nav (which I do regularly). It is quick charging up, and fits perfectly into the battery slot of the s4.

Few things about the back cover,it is quite slippery, especially to begin with, however, after a while you become used to gripping the phone properly, and I think oil from your hands make it a little easier to grip after a while. Another thing is, I can't find a protective case for the edges of the phone that would fit with the new back cover. However, It is slimmer then I thought it would be (albeit, still quite thick if you are used to the slim original S4 battery). As someone with big hands, it makes the phone a little easier to handle I think, especially if I want to do things with one hand.

Overall, benefits definitely outweigh the cons, and I have recommended this product to many of my friends who are considering upgrading their batteries.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as expected BUT it may be my phone that is faulty, 21 Mar 2014
I researched online about this product, so I thought I would give it a try. However it isn't as good as I expected and the battery still runs down within the day. this could be a fault with my phone (the phone is only 3 months old) rather than the product so that's why I have given it an okay rating as I do not know for such which it is. I would not recommend spending so much on a product that doesn't seem to last much longer than the 'standard' size. On the plus side the back that comes with it (because its a bigger battery making the traditional back too small to put on) fits snug and well and does not impair it too much.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long life but big!, 6 Mar 2014
The battery has extended the life of my S4 to over 2 days of moderate to heavy use.

It does double the thickness of the phone but you soon to get used to this and for me it is a worthwhile trade off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceptional, 2 Mar 2014
At last. A smartphone that is at last not as thick as it was (in one respect). The extra bulk is not a problem. Early days so can only hope it is well built and will last.
Transformed my working life...... thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 8 Feb 2014
Go for it!!! Would be not disappointed. All day and 82% end of the day. Great buy!!!! Really really good

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›