5.0 out of 5 stars So far brilliant...
Published 14 months ago by Rangell

3.0 out of 5 stars shame about the cover
Great battery. Phone cover is absolutely terrible.
Published 3 months ago by Graham Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars So far brilliant..., 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Anker® 5200mAh Extended Battery with Black Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4, I9500, I9505, I9506 (Not for Galaxy S4 Active), with NFC/Google Wallet Compatibility [18-Month Warranty] (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I chose this because it was double the output of the stock item. The S4 guzzles power and the stock item was letting me down half way through the day. So far, I have not come close to draining this battery even with excessive use. I have even set the screen to be brighter with little impact on battery life. The negative thing is also a positive for me. The Anker is twice the thickness of the stock battery (not surprisingly) but they supply a new back cover which make the phone a bit chunkier. For me it actually makes it easier to hold. Of course the pouch I had is no longer any good but I'm delighted with the power of the battery and the new 'feel' to the phone.Now if only they did a protective rubberised casing to protect it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Powerful, 4 Sep 2014
S. SHAHZAD - See all my reviews
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest

Equipment used to conduct the review:
Anker 7800mAh Battery
Samsung Galaxy S4
Standard Micro USB cable
Anker 5 Port USB Charging Hub (40W)
Battery Monitor Widget Android App

This product came well packaged in a sturdy cardboard box from Amazon. Inside their packaging is the matte finish box of the Anker battery. The dimensions of the box are approximately 20x15x5cm.

My choice of Android app for monitoring my battery performance is Battery Monitor Widget. This app was used to test this battery too.

The product came approximately 40% charged so I left the phone to charge to 100% before giving it a test run. The initial charge took approximately 12 hours and temperature was within safe levels.

I didn't go out my way to use my phone any differently as I would from normal. A normal day of using the phone includes checking emails, making a few phone calls, using WhatsApp, playing the odd game or so for around 10 minutes and watching some news clips. The battery lasted 35 hours for me from 100% to 0%. Another full charge overnight and another day of usage gave me similar results. The second full charge took approximately 7 hours for me. I use a standard Micro USB cable and an Anker 5 port USB 40W charging hub.

The case fits easily and doesn't affect the functionality of the phone at all. Note that due to the polished finish of the case, there will be a load of finger prints on it. It is inevitable that such a product increases the weight of the phone once fitted however for me, this is not an issue. I have a universal car dock and was able to mount this on my dashboard and charge with no issues. Charging using the car adapter caused no issues.

To conclude this review, I feel this product is great value for money. No more daily or bi-daily charging of the phone and no more worries of low battery power. I recommend this product thoroughly for anyone who uses their phone extensively on a daily basis. It can also be used as a spare battery (kept in the dashboard) for long journeys.

5.0 out of 5 stars Power station, 1 Sep 2014
Anker provided me this item for evaluation and review, I promise that my review is fair and unbiased.

I was ecstatic when I got this case and battery as my partner has been hounding me to get her one. She watches movies, listens to music and plays games a lot so drains her standard one in under 4 hours.

It came in 50% charged. It took nearly 11 hours to bring it to full charge using a 5V/2.1A charger. It was used as normal; playing games, watching movies.....making calls, and lasted a day and 12 hours on first use then duration of charging time and usage time fell. It takes 4 - 5 hours now to fully charge using the Samsung charger which has a 5V/2A capacity and last roughly a day and 4 hours.

The case fits well around the phone and all buttons function well. One has to be careful when removing the case as it "grabs" hold of the battery. NFC is lost and if you used an S-cover, the screen then becomes exposed. The back of the case is glossy and fingerprint marks were left on it. If you are making a long call you are going to feel the weight of the battery. The size of the case combined with the phone gives it a "unique" look.

The battery is very durable and achieved a high rating on the AnTuTu Tester app. Test was run under 20% power and after test battery was down to 18%.

I recommend to everyone who use their phone intensively.

5.0 out of 5 stars My S4 is now what it always should have been!, 9 Jan 2014
I switched from an iPhone to a S4 4g+ (i9506) because I wanted a bigger higher resolution screen. Very happy with the phone except for the severely disappointing battery life. What's the point of top notch hardware if you have to turn everything off and throttle the phone just to make it through the day with out recharging? My phone was running low on power by late afternoon, and going out for dinner would definitely kill the battery. Not cool.

So I ordered the 5200mAh battery from Anker. Sure, my S4 looks like it's expecting a S4 mini, but considering the guy carrying it I don't think it detracts from my "stylishness" too much. In fact, I kind of like the way it looks now. And even if it was hideous, for me the peace of mind would in any case be worth it. No matter how much I use it, important emails etc. will still reach me when I'm enjoying an evening with friends.

To summarize:

+++ for not having to charge at every power outlet in sight
+ back cover fits tight and looks ok
- for being somewhat bulky
- cover is more slippery than the factory cover

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars This is amazing., 27 Mar 2014
This battery is amazing, seriously. I bought this with very high expectations and it didn't let me down, yeah it may be huge and bulky but I like it to be honest, I feel like it gives me more grip so I can hold the phone easier, ever since I got the battery I haven't dropped my phone once(and trust I've dropped it sooo many times before). Yes it does last a very long time. I use the hell out of my phone everyday, therefore the standard battery that came with the phone only lasted me about half a day at the most, this battery lasts me 2 whole days!! But if I barely use the phone, then it may 3 or 4 days. I recommend charging it for 16 hours when you get it, just like you should with any rechargeable battery, it cycles the battery and helps it to last abit longer.

It is also a great value for money, I feel like this was £20 well spent!

If you have a Galaxy S4 then do yourself a favour, stop using the standard battery then may have a chance of swelling up and runs out very quickly, and buy this beast, you wob't be disappointed trust me! But if you're a fan of how thin the phone is then you might not like how big it makes your phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Long life, 15 Dec 2013
Absolutely great product, battery lasts for 3 days now instead of 1 with heavy use. Great value especially when the samsung battery that came with the phone swelled up and stopped working after only 1 month of getting my new S4. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality product by Anker - 5200mAh GS4 battery, 12 July 2013
The 5200 mAh battery I ordered was delivered to me for free within two day.

Now, the packaging was excellent and the battery and case were sealed. Having drained the battery once and fully charged it, it has lasted me for more then 2.5x the original 2600mAh battery Samsung provided. I don't know if this is related or if it is simply too soon to tell, but I have noticed that the rate of discharge and also, I have noticed my phone doesn't become as hot as it used to, even when I am using my sat nav (which I do regularly). It is quick charging up, and fits perfectly into the battery slot of the s4.

Few things about the back cover,it is quite slippery, especially to begin with, however, after a while you become used to gripping the phone properly, and I think oil from your hands make it a little easier to grip after a while. Another thing is, I can't find a protective case for the edges of the phone that would fit with the new back cover. However, It is slimmer then I thought it would be (albeit, still quite thick if you are used to the slim original S4 battery). As someone with big hands, it makes the phone a little easier to handle I think, especially if I want to do things with one hand.

Overall, benefits definitely outweigh the cons, and I have recommended this product to many of my friends who are considering upgrading their batteries.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make this your battery of choice! A solid 10 hours of heavy and continuous usage., 4 Aug 2014
H (Aberdeenshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I thought my phone was faulty as my phone as it kept turning off each time I tried to restart and when the battery was showing 80% full. I also couldn't phone people or listening to Spotify as it said it couldn't find a connection, even though I have it on offline mode.I did some research on the problem and discovered that the S4 has a common battery drain issue. However, the normal working S4 battery is still rubbish when you try to do normal things in a day like using Facebook/messenger apps or taking pictures. My battery always died in the middle of a night out, just from listening to music on a half hour journey, checking FB a few times and taking half a dozen pics. My battery often wouldn't make the journey home.

So I looked into alternatives and Anker was suggested. There were the standard S4 battery, the 5200 mAH and the 7200 mAh batteries. The 7200 get amazing reviews but time and again people said it wasn't the most portable so that eliminated that one. I did see that the 2600 lasts longer than the standard Samsung battery but not enough for my requirements. It seemed that the 5200 would be a happier medium. Sure, it's definitely a bit bulkier but not prohibitively so, BUT it is overridden by the fact that the battery last ridiculously longer than the standard S4 battery.

I gave it its first full charge the day it arrived and I started using it at half 5 in the morning. I was on Facebook, Messenger and my twitter app as well as using Chrome. I used it for about an hour and a half pretty solidly. I picked the phone back up at around 10 am and I was using it all day on numerous apps, as well as downloading apps, taking lots of photos and listening to music. At around 7pm my battery was at 14%. I put the phone down and went to make some food, came back and my battery had increased to 18%. I used it some more and when it was around 14% again I put it on to charge. Admittedly, charging takes some time so I turned the phone off and was charging for a few hours. I would say that the amount of usage yesterday was definitely not normal. I use my phone much less than that but I wanted to test the guts of it and it was very, very impressive. Now, if only we could get the size down it would make an already brilliant product even more amazing.

Well done guys!

5.0 out of 5 stars Feels like the good old days, 25 Sep 2014
This battery does the one thing a phone battery should do. It lasts. I feel like I'm back in the good old days where charging my phone was the least of my worries.
In terms of the aesthetics, there's no way to sugar coat this, it's bulky. But with a battery 3 times the size of the original, you have to accept that. The case fits well and I didn't really have any problems with it. As some other reviewers have noted, the back is glossy and will attract fingerprints but a quick wipe on my shirt every now and then doesn't really bother me.
The battery lasts me 3-4 days of normal usage and even with fairly heavy usage I can't get the battery to die within 2 days. I'm definitely pleased with the functionality of this product; it does what I expected it to do.
Due to the additional size and weight, I'm not sure that I would use this every single day, but probably on those days when I know I'll be out all day. Knowing that you have plenty of battery to spare really is a comfort.
One thing I do miss is the loss of NFC functionality though. Perhaps Anker could update the product in the future.
Lastly, I should mention that I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promise that my review is fair and honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chunky and Brilliant!, 2 Sep 2014
A first class case packing a brilliant powerpack. I use my phone for the Internet a fair bit. This battery gives me 3 days plus on a charge. The over lip on the case even protects the screen when I set it face down.
Comes in a presentation box which shows where this fits in Ankers battery range I suspect. Oh and my phone doesn't get hot on long calls now!
I would rather a slightly heavier phone than change batteries or carry on my obsession with charging my phone at least once a day.
Buy with confidence. Worth every penny.