Size: Capacity- 2TB|Change

on 17 May 2014
Ok firstly, this is not a small backup drive that you can carry anywhere, but a larger one that needs an external power source so it's fine if you want a backup drive for home or office that none for carrying around. Ok, the good parts, never before have I ever seen such speed from an external backup drive, but only when it was connected to a usb 3 connection. With USB 2, it functioned at regular speed like my old backup drive. I must admit after testing with large zipped files like 100 gB for 1 file, and then a few directories with 500gb of little files, I was VERY impressed with this this drive at everything I threw at it and if connected to usb3 instead of usb2 it is just as fast as copying from 1 internal hard disk to another internal drive.In fact it came very close to write speeds of internal SSD drive speeds but with all the benefits of 2TB space. I can't comment on longevity though, but as a large backup drive this is the fastest it gets BY FAR and I have tested quite a few. Only thing is the backup software does now work with servers or SBS2011 which is a little silly, but SBS2011 at least recognises the drive with a standard driver and still works optimally with usb 3.0. I just had to buy my own backup software specially made for windows servers but that ok. Regular windows 7/8 users will not need extra backup software as this drive contains it. Well done, this drive sets the new standard for speed for large storage drives. Don't even think about buying a cheaper 2tb backup drive to save another twenty or so quid. Just buy this if you have usb 3.0. If you don't have usb 3, buy a usb 3 card for a tenner and buy this too.
on 11 February 2014
It appears easy to set up (just plug in the USB3 cable and you are off. the accompanying software is badly presented and tiresome to make good use of. That aspect needs rethinking and needs to be better presented.
on 30 October 2013
Great product for the money, fast, quiet and more than enough storage.I would have this drive over an ssd at any price.
on 15 August 2015
Excellent piece of kit, good back up software which is used with windows 7 on portable Sony Vaio pc. Drive is supposed to be compatible with Windows 10 but yet to try it.

Under Windows 8.2 on Lenovo All In One PC, Lenovo one touch back up is used

Drive is silent in operation. This applies to all three Buffalo Drive Stations I have purchased through Amazon.

Note that to do a WINDOWS "image" back up the capacity of the drive shall not exceed 2GB, this also applies to Lenovo one touch back up under Window 8.2.
on 4 March 2015
This really was not a good investment - I purchased a mains powered hard drive to replace my existing portable USB device. I wish I hadn't bothered - just one month after setting it up it suddenly refused to be recognised by my computer. Tried plugging it into a friend's computer to check if it was working but alas. Lost all my data
on 20 December 2013
It is early days but setting up was straight forward. Uploading folders to it seemed a little slower than I expected
on 27 July 2015
As described
on 20 January 2014
Feel like ANGRY HOMER !!! Was so look forward to use this new product, as it have a very good rating review at UK & US.

Exciting open the box (like a kid) and I find out the product inside is a different product ?WTF???
Than I double checked the S/W on the box and the product itself :( and IT DID NOT MATCH !!
Feel like be CON by pro........ Lucky i bought from Amazon, otherwise it will be potatoes inside box!

On the Box S/N N80092434900786 is a Buffalo HD-GD3 model, but inside the box was a product HD-LB4 S/N 80004134300001 !!

Strongly recommencement and DO advice amazon when they re-sell a product, PLEASE CHECK What is inside the box !!!!!!

See one answered question