5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it now, it is a class book by a truly unique author!, 12 July 2014
This review is from: A Cockney's Journey (Paperback)
I was slightly sceptical when I bought this book because the only biographies I have read was when I was in college as part of my English course. To put it politely, I think a conversation with a corpse would have been more entertaining. My mate however, ranted and raved about it for weeks after she read it so out of curiosity I bought a copy. WOW, I don't think I have ever been so intrigued and entertained by a book in my life. This truly is one immense story. I though I had it hard but oh my god, my childhood was nothing compared to this littles boys. To be honest, it is heartbreaking; to think what some people are capable of. Poor Eddie, I swear if I had half the opportunity I would throttle his father.

Putting the evil being, that is eddies dad to one side. This is a recommended read to any spiritualist. Prior to reading this book, if someone would have asked for my opinion on necromancy or clairvoyants. I was have said two words ... Too rude to put in a public review. I can't say I am a true believe but after reading Eddies story, I definitely wouldn't be as dismissive.

Young or old, I truly think this story could interest anybody. It is nothing like any other book I have read. I say story, despite the fact is is a biography simply because the word biography to me, suggests boredom and believe me, this is far from boring. It is gripping. It really is the best book I have ever read.

I do however, have one criticism to the author ... Why isn't there a second book?

MY ADVICE, IF YOUR GONA BUY ONE BOOK THIS YEAR ... MAKE SURE IT IS A COCKNEYS JOURNEY. I GUARANTEE YOU WONT BE DISAPPOINTED

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Story,Truly Remarkable,Brilliant Read!!, 28 Jan 2011
This review is from: A Cockneys Journey (Paperback)
Having read both books by Eddie Allen I'm amazed that he hasn't been snapped up by a UK publisher as of yet!
A Cockneys Journey is truly special, and I would seriously recommend this book to anyone. really interesting and spooky an excellent read, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Larger than Life, 1 Mar 2011
This review is from: A Cockneys Journey (Paperback)
I first met Eddie, the Author, in Italy. He is a larger than life character and this is reflected in "A Cockneys Journey".

The book is fascinating as it follows Eddie's early years in London and his escapades. It also includes a spiritual element of an unusual nature which will have you riveted to the page.

A wholly entertaining read. I recommend it. It would also make a very good movie!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best read i have in a long time, 12 July 2014
Barry Taylor "yrrabrolyat" (london uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Cockney's Journey (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book as it is about one mans journey though life and i have to say what a life it was, Being brought up in the area the book is set in myself i could relate to many things in this book.. The book is a roller coaster of fear joy love and happiness.A must read for anyone who lives in the south east of london and anywhere else. A true account of life in south east london in the 60's and beyond seen though the eyes of a young man if you want to read something that will grip you from beginning to the end i would recommend this 100%

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly and Utterly Sublime read, 13 July 2014
This review is from: A Cockney's Journey (Paperback)
I read Eddies book last week after seeing it advertised on Facebook! which I'm glad I did. A Cockneys Journey has to go down as one of the best reads I have had the pleasure of reading for many years! for me to say that (being a regular bookworm) is the highest accolade you will get! the book grabs you from start to finish, superbly written and utterly sublime. I will not give the storyline away, but believe me what a read! I would seriously recommend this book to everyone, so hold on for an unbelievable Journey.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Brilliant Book, 21 July 2014
This review is from: A Cockney's Journey (Paperback)
A brilliant book, of Eddie' s journey from a young boy, until recent years, and boy what a journey it was, I could not put the book down, i found some parts very sad to read, some were funny, and some unbelievable, growing up in the same area, I could relate to lots of the places mentioned in this book. Eddie should be very proud of this book, and I'm sure he could do a follow up one in a few years time. Anyone who buys this book will not be disappointed, you will love it, like I did. Well done Eddie.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read!!!!, 12 Sep 2012
A fab read!!
Was hooked from the first page, all about Eddies child hood antics to adult growing up in the 60s with his family and friends in southeast london, which i liked coz i knew all the places! it was sad at times as his dad always picked on him and he was always the one who got the beats even for his brother n sisters, but he was blessed cos as well as his nan he had someone/something looking over him!!

Only draw back was it took 8weeks to get it!

4.0 out of 5 stars He enjoyed it from start to finish kept him captivated would ..., 12 July 2014
This review is from: A Cockney's Journey (Paperback)
my husband jimmy read this book this is the first book he has read in years. He enjoyed it from start to finish kept him captivated would recommend this book. Thanks for the goid read Eddie Allen

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't think I would of coped and it was nice to see a writer with so much passion in ..., 14 July 2014
This review is from: A Cockney's Journey (Paperback)
I found this book very moving & very true to how things were in the Olden days. I don't think I would of coped and it was nice to see a writer with so much passion in his work

5.0 out of 5 stars Book of the year!!!, 22 July 2014
This review is from: A Cockney's Journey (Paperback)
This has got to be the book of the year! what a superbly written autobiography by Eddie Allen. the story drags you through his early years to the present day, Fantastic read! his battle with the supernatural, and spirit realm is mind blowing. what this guy has gone through is truly remarkable and really sad. how, I hope he's still sane, he survived is truly remarkable. I cannot recommend this book to the light-hearted, however it really is a must read! it would make a great film> looking forward to his next book, well done Eddie great stuff!!!!!

A Cockney's Journey