5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air!
Although not a thriller in the usual sense, I found it as gripping as one and didn't want to put it down! Interesting subject matter and a very welcome change from the usual topics books are written around. Thoroughly recommend it. A great read.
Published 24 months ago by JH

2.0 out of 5 stars Explained to death
I bought this book on a recommendation from an acquaintance.
While the subject matter was of interest initially the author soon got bogged down in detailed explanation, which became quite tedious after a while.
I found an error in this detail which then had me wondering exactly what else might be incorrect and in the end I gave up caring about the characters and...
Published 17 months ago by Albatross

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 April 2014
This review is from: The Marriage Certificate (Kindle Edition)
I'm a huge fan of the heir Hunter programmes on tv so to find this novel was great. Thoroughly enjoyed the twists and turns and really felt like I got to know the characters. Inspired me to continue with my own family tree research. I'd love to read more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story any family historian will love, 10 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Marriage Certificate (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book, much more than i had expected. The historical story is fascinating and compulsive with a great level of detail, the parrallel genealogical research is accurately described and thoroughly enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, could not put this book down until I had finished it., 28 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Marriage Certificate (Kindle Edition)
I would like to thank Peter from the "Lost Cousin" site for recommending, and Stephen Molyneux for writing this book.
Just loved it from beginning to end.
Anyone who is interested in Family Trees / History I am sure would enjoy this book as much as I did, as well as anyone who just likes a "good read"

5.0 out of 5 stars Absorbing, entertaining and informative, 16 Sept. 2013
Mary (Highclere) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Marriage Certificate (Kindle Edition)
An up to date storyline, with well researched accurate historical facts, made this book thoroughly relaxing and enjoyable experience Would make an excellent film. Look forward to reading more in this genre by Mr Molyneux.
Mary

5.0 out of 5 stars I read in two sittings, 3 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Marriage Certificate (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed the story line, how the book flowed well through the different historical events. That's is why I have given my review 5 stars, The Genealogy was gripping and towards the end a surprise finish I hadn't foreseen.

The only time I lost my way through the book was the long description of each Number of the train carriages. Only a minor point for me personally maybe. I would recommend this book to others. It was recommended to me by a friend and I enjoyed the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very different story line than I expected, 15 July 2013
This review is from: The Marriage Certificate (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed the unexpected story line, as I was expecting a romance. Much more interesting. Loved the research.
It left me wanting to know how much was true!

5.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing!, 20 May 2013
This review is from: The Marriage Certificate (Kindle Edition)
This was such an interesting read. I read it in one sitting, and was gripped by the historical background, interlaced with modern research techniques. The story bowls along, releasing its secrets in a most entertaining way, and building up to a surprisingly tense denouement. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a tale!, 6 Sept. 2014
L. Elliott "Crochet Hooker" (Stirlingshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Marriage Certificate (Kindle Edition)
A marriage certificate is an unusual place to start a story, I was intrigued and certainly not disappointed; the interplay between past and present stories built the story up nicely and the ending, whilst unexpected, was perfect!
I would highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Marriage Certificate (Kindle Edition)
Not my usual choice of read, nevertheless, the element of mystery, believable characters, storyline and historical context kept me hooked to the end. This is an easy read and highly recommended for anyone interested in genealogical research.

1.0 out of 5 stars Got dizzy trying to read it, 6 Mar. 2015
From the reviews, I was looking forward to this book but by page 19 I'd had enough. The theory seemed good enough but it switched scenes so often it was hard to keep up. Chapters of just a page and a half or two pages before switching to other scenes, in the present or in the past, really didn't help. Maybe it got better but I wasn't going to waste time finding out. I gave up, put the book in the bag for my next trip to the charity shop, went on line and ordered the next Steve Robinson book. His genealogy books are brilliant to read. Not so Stephen Molyneux. He made history. In all my many years, I think his is only the third book I've given up reading.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›