Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's Shop now

on 26 September 2013
I wish I could give this programme more than 5 stars. It is one of the best nature programmes I've ever seen and I pretty much only watch nature programmes. The filming is incredible, the sound track is perfect and delightful and the narration is spot on.

It is rare to find a non-Attenborough programme made to such a high standard and with such good narration. I can't stand over dramatising or anthropomorphising in nature programmes and this does neither. It just grips and captures you.

Buy it... you'll love it!
on 5 October 2013
I saw this on the Discovery Channel earlier in the year and bought to savour at leisure. The photography is stunning, the soundtrack clever and the little vignettes of life in this continent are entertaining. Wildlife filming at its best.
on 18 August 2013
Another must watch series from the makers of Planet Earth. The series gives an in depth view of everything in Northern America (not just USA!)
The extreme variations within these lands provides so much opportunity to showcase some of the best photographic skills ever. Sometimes I marvel at how magical and almost unrealistic it looks.
From the Northern Lights filmed over frozen conditions through to desert like conditions in Death Valley.
From the Panama Canal through 10 countries up to the Arctic, if it exists they have done their best to include it in this series.

It seems a little silly being picky, but I would have thought it would come in better packaging and have better inlay cards with the set. You get literally nothing extra with this edition.
I also noticed a few times through the series where they had obviously stitched scenes together from the tv series where the narration was repetitive over what I can only assume would have been a commercial break. However, it flows very well most of the time and it will leave you breathless more times than you will remember.
on 13 December 2013
watched this on television absolutly superb so thats why i purchased this for me dad for christmas, would highly recommend this dvd got me on edge of my seat
on 3 December 2014
There is no doubt that this series has some stunning shots of amazing scenery and wildlife. But I'm not so sure about the glitzy use of camera trickery all the time, nor the soundtrack that seems to be suffering from some sort of identity crisis. It's pretty distracting and does nothing to help an episode already suffering from jumping (seemingly randomly) from one subject to another. I found myself wishing that they covered less subjects and allowed us to see a little more about each one; it just feels like they're rushing to cram everything in. Matters aren't helped by some truly cheesy narration. I don't know who wrote it, but it sounds like embarrassingly bad prose in parts. Matters aren't helped by UK version narrator Chitewel Ejiofor's pronunciation, either. It's ARCTIC, Chitewel, not ARTIC!

But all this is small potatoes compared to just how bad some of the editing is. Regularly, in the middle of a description from Chitewel, the screen will quite suddenly go black for a second or two and then come back on again. Some scenes also suffer badly from the camera juddering. Episode one, Born to Be Wild, for example, shows particularly poor editing in the scenes involving caribou on migration being hunted by two wolves. The voice over stops suddenly mid sentence just as the mother realises her calf has been left behind, the screen cuts to black and then it cuts back to a scene already shown some moments before - and we're treated to a repeat of the narration we just heard! Appalling! This sort of sloppy work really detracts from the enjoyment of the DVD and is pretty inexcusable in this day and age.
on 2 July 2013
I am watching it on Discovery HD and it is absolutely mind-blowing. Great captions and so refreshing after loads of documentaries with David Attenborough. Great music adding to the experience too. Well worth buying and would make great present.
on 6 August 2013
The best part of this DVD is the photography - absolutely super. The music just adds to the overall atmosphere and just leaves one wanting to hear more. It can come across as bity in sectors but all in all a good introduction to the nature of North America. If one wants more BBC's Yellowstone just has the edge.
on 24 June 2013
I have been watching the series in Discovery Channel,& have been absolutely spellbound. I will definitely be buying the DVD. One small point, no mention at this time of the availability in Blu-ray.
on 26 August 2013
Just when you think nothing can eclipse the brilliance of David Attenborough along comes North America !
Wonderful, amazing, astonishing !!
on 31 January 2014
a great series, well worth watching, the scenery is superb and so is the background music,definetely worth buying.
a good 6 hours of entertaining wildlife.