Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£9.59

on 7 December 2011
This is an essential purchase for fans of Alan Moore as it collects his 'Future Shocks' (one shot stories, often with a comical twist) from the British sci-fi comic '2000AD'.
There are some fascinating takes on genre staples present: time-travel, alternate dimensions, the end of the universe, the existence of aliens, and the grinding, 'crap future', dystopia expected within the pages of '2000AD'.

Many of the stories have the classic 'Twilight Zone' reverse at the end, but as you'd expect with the writer of 'Watchmen' they are very much unique creations. The artwork is varied, and of the uniformly high standard you would expect from such names as Dave Gibbons and Bryan Talbot.
on 30 December 2013
I have purchased graphic novels before for my kindle and they worke great, this however was a different story. Very lazy whoever transferred it over to the kindle. Even with my reading glasses on I couldnt make out the words, just too small and too much hassle to click each box.

So I dropped 2 stars off for that, I know the stories from old and they are great, how I wish they had been transferred correctly then a new generation could enjoy them, as it is a missed opportunity by the publisher. It has stopped me purchasing other 200ad products for my kindle,
on 15 August 2012
Unfortunately I was out of the country, and probably a bit too young, to read these the first time round. I'm aware of Alan Moore and his many works but haven't read most of them. I'm also aware of 2000AD but had never read an issue before the free comic book day 2012 issue. That's where I read my first Future Shock and I loved it.

Coming across this book on Amazon the combination of Alan Moore and Future Shocks was too much to resist. I'm glad I didn't as the stories are really well written, a little bit dark and often funny. There are loads of good stories but "Last Rumble of the Platinum Horde", "Skirmish" and "The Wages of Sin" where an out of work repairman retrains as an evil galactic tyrant deserve special mention. If you like Alan Moore, Future Shocks or Twilight Zone style dark humour I'd recommend you buy this book.
on 1 April 2016
I bought this book just after Christmas 2016 and really enjoyed it. Unlike some of the reviewers here, I had no trouble reading the text on my fire hd (and I do wear reading glasses). However, this morning, in April 2016, I tried to open the book to refer to one of the strips, only to be told that the book was subject to DRM and therefore not legal to view on my device. Um... I bought it? So how could it not be legal?
Anyway, I re-loaded it from the Amazon store, and now it opens fine... but half of it is missing - just black screen where the pages should be. Sorry, but I don't buy books to keep them for only just over three months. You ripped me off. Please fix.
on 15 April 2013
Alan Moore is best known for the likes of Watchmen and From Hell, etc, and rightly so, but growing up in 1980s Britain I was in love with the comic 2000AD and the Future Shocks were always my favourite parts - like very brief sci-fi short stories, fully encapsulated in just 2-8 pages. There are so many stories collected here that there is inevitably some recycling in terms of the 'twists' in the end of each tale, but still they are great, the artwork is of a high standard and the charm of 2000AD shines through. Like if Philip K Dick grew up in Northampton, unemployed in the 1980s. Perfect toilet library material!
on 12 September 2014
Very badly scanned and almost unreadable. Takes up only small part of page and impossible to zoom. There is a kind of frame view to blow up individual panels but it works so slowly and crudely it is more trouble than it's worth. Can't imagine how this got released in its current state.
on 8 July 2015
I honestly can't comment on the contents of the stories themselves as the kindle cloud reader presents the pages so small as to be virtually unreadable, even zoomed in. Thoroughly disappointed.
on 12 March 2014
Stories written by moore in his early days at ad. It's amazing the stories he can create that can resonate with you with just 5 or 6 pages. Great imagination in every one.
on 16 March 2014
Great storytelling at its best, do you like v for vendetta? Then get this, twisted and funny stories weigh twist morality and great imagery
on 11 February 2014
I have to agree with the other reviewers, the type is far too small even on a 10" tablet wearing my reading glasses it's hard work.