5.0 out of 5 stars Great product
Fantastic value for money, Great product and a really good customer after sales service from Zoostorm.
Well worth the money
Published 9 months ago by t.miller

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described
Power supply is 250 watts not 300 watts and, to quote Zoostorm, "you may need to upgrade your power supply unit in case the card draws too much power away from the motherboard". So no point in keeping a system with a marginal power supply.
Also, no DVI output (as shown on illustration).
Poor response from Amazon.
Sent back along with AOC monitor which was...
Published 9 months ago by spike

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 4 Dec 2013
Well worth the money

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value PC, 22 May 2014
After my old PC began playing up I started looking for a replacement. In the past I had built my own systems, but I saw this one advertised on Amazon for not much more than the component parts. Zoostorm computers have always god good reviews "in the press", and this one also had good reviews on Amazon, so I took the plunge and bought it.
I am very impressed with the overall performance and build quality. I use the computer for web design, photo and audio editing and general "office" things and for this it is ideal. The on-board sound and graphics are fine for my usage. I do not play games so cannot comment on the suitability for this.
I have not noticed the noisy fan that other reviewers have mentioned, so perhaps this has been addresses by Zoostorm. It is certainly quieter than my old system.
My only, slight, disappointment is the number of USB sockets on the back as I need a few more. i have installed a USB expansion card to overcome this.
As usual, the delivery from Amazon was swift. I would recommend this system, or the "sister" ones with an O/S installed, without hesitation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Spec for the Money, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Zoostorm 7877-0411 Home Premium Desktop PC (AMD A10 5700 3.4GHz Processor, 12GB DDR3 RAM, 2TB SATA HDD, DVD-RW, HDMI, 4x USB 2.0, mATX Tower Case, Windows 8) (Personal Computers)
Very Good Spec for the Money. Looks fairly well built. mouse and keyboard perfectly adequate. Very noisy fan, but customer services told me how to alter the BIOS so the fan only works when things get hot. (Why not pre-set this?)

The DVD drive had a mind of it's open when I first turned the PC on. It went in and out at will. By once again customer services were very helpful and told me that the button probably became mis-aligned in transit. Easy to fix yourself with a few screws. (The packing materials were quite minimal in my opinion).

I must say that windows 8 (I downloaded windows 8.1 for free) is a complete nightmare. it seems to be designed for tablets NOT desktop PC's, but that is not Zoostorm's fault.

Everyone says the Graphics card is a weakness (so does the Microsoft windows rating thing) however as I mainly surf and use office I've not noticed.

Apart from the fact that I should not need to contact customer services twice with a new PC, I'm pretty pleased so far!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as described, 3 Dec 2013
Also, no DVI output (as shown on illustration).
Poor response from Amazon.
Sent back along with AOC monitor which was also not as described.
Three protracted telephone calls to get return labels.
Not impressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars good system but not as decsribed, 23 July 2014
ok so I got the system today, overall I'm pleased, however there are 2 issues outstanding zoostorm, the psu is 250watt and not 300 watt as advertised and also there is no hdmi slot, I had to go purchase a 42 graphics card with hdmi on it so I could set this system up with my hdmi monitor, not happy with zoostorm at all, I want a replacement 300watt psu and the money I had to spend on my graphics card, under the distance selling act, selling goods that are not correct is very wrong and needs to be corrected and customers reimbursed for the deception.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Suprise, 6 Dec 2013
Because of the expected withdrawal of support for Xp I decided that my old Dell Pentium 4 should be changed, I had been looking at machines much more expensive than this one with more expensive processors etc, But I have to say that so far I am impressed with this it worked out of the box without any difficulty and updated to windows 8.1 with no bother, so far it seems very quick. I have yet to do more intensive work such as video editing but I have to say it all looks good. The PSU fan is a bit noisy but I can live with that .
For family use this has to be excellent value

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 7 April 2014
does exactly what is says on the tin. fast as #@?! easy to set up put a nvidia graphics card in because the graphics program I use doesn't like AMD but on board graphics fine for everything else. Only thing I would comment on negatively is that it seem's there's a problem with the bios which means the fan runs at full speed all the time and is very noisy, a problem which Zoostorm know about, so I'm wondering why they don't include a data sheet with instructions on how to change the setting instead of customers having to ring or email to rectify the problem, as its very easy to do once you follow the instructions given by there support team, who must be getting fed up with people contacting them about this. It's just a thought, but on the whole the pc's well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed a cheap PC with virtualisation, 2 May 2014
I needed a cheap PC for a home based IT course, so it was essential to support Hyper-V (SLAT). I looked at the review at thought the RAM, Processor spec and 2TB hard-disk would be ideal (to run windows 8.1 and hyper-v).

PC arrived, I took it apart (to fit 240GB SSD disk). No spare SATA power. PSU was 250W (as someone else mentioned in review, so wasn't a shock). Chucked the PSU away and fitted the 450W from my 6 year old Dell Studio PC.

Other than the awful power supply, worked as expected. Fairly quick. I had to muck around with the BIOS to stop the noise and get rid of the silly BIOS screen, but other than that I'm happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value!, 2 May 2014
There is nothing I dislike about this computer. It was easy to install. It is so quick. It was delivered promptly with good quality packaging. I suppose all computers with this spec are just as quick and easy to install, but at the price I think you get a lot for your money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 9 April 2014
Worked straight out of the box with no hassle and is proving to be a good workhorse.
Delivery and the usual things were all excellent.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›