Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.99

on 7 October 2014
This is a real eclectic mix of tunes, which is something I like about the whole Late Night Tales series in general.
As with all of these there are some tunes you like and some you don't.
This one is generally good.
on 4 September 2013
Wished for a few more upbeat selections but enjoyed the variety like Stranger on the Shore -- a far cry from today's musical selections. Wish the Benedict Cumberbatch reading had been all in one recording instead of being so sliced up and short.
on 12 November 2013
i have a number of cds from this series they all mix interesting and oftenecclectic tracks producing entertaining music throughout
on 1 August 2013
The new Royksopp tracks are very good and some of the tracks selected are inspired choices particularly the Acker Bilk, Vangelis and Popol Vuh. My main issue with it was that it doesn't really add up to a complete late night listening experience and doesn't have much shape, goes in too many different directions. One track will establish a certain mood and the next will contradict it.
on 29 June 2016
one of the best LNT mixes for me. Well worth a listen.
on 17 June 2013
Quirky, moving, interesting, obscure, deeply relaxing and satisfying is how I would sum this album up.

Listening to it while driving to a meeting has left me feeling completely non-stressed. I can't wait to get back into my car to experience this sublime journey again.

I really don't know what else to add apart from I'm sure it will be a very regular visitor to my playlist.

Edit: I have now pretty much had this album on constantly since buying it and I love it more and more every day.
I never feel the need to skip any tracks, they are all just perfectly placed and mould together so well.
I have to make a special mention to Röyksopp's cover of the classic Ice Machine by Depeche Mode.
If someone had suggested to me that a cover could outshine the original I would have laughed, but that is exactly what it does. Amazing version!

An outstanding addition to this already great series of Late Night Tales.
on 18 June 2013
wow been looking forward to this album for some time now and boy this doesnt disappoint, big fan of Royksop and the Late Night Tales series, cant believe they didnt compile one sooner, super chilled, super class 10/10 recommended
on 21 February 2014
Late Night Tales: Royksopp contains diverse blends of chilled, synth pop, and ambient melodies from various artists (within this compilation). Royksopp even does a cover of Depeche Mode’s “Ice Machine” (Godlike Edit version). Last, but not least, actor Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock Holmes series, 2013 Star Trek film etc.) is featured on the final title of Flat of Angles (Part 2, Exclusive Spoken Word Piece). The back cd jacket lists the music theme of this compilation as being akin to listening to background music that one can take in while watching the Northern Lights (in Norway).
on 6 August 2013
Very impressed. Like also that Amazon cloud updated with album immediately upon purchase and then downloads to ipad, all before the CD arrived.
on 14 June 2016