on 19 April 2015
I have a Malamute cross, who's as soft as butter and twice as nice. She's incredibly strong, but as I groom her daily and carefully examine her for possible lumps (including her pads, for possible damage), I thought I would attempt to cut her toe nails. She was not keen and on the first attempt at cutting, I cut her front nails first and then gave her a treat. I persevered, and cut her rear toe nails, although by this stage I had resorted to one treat per foot. I found the guard extremely useful. I've now cut her black nails four times and on the last attempt, I cut into the quick and felt really awful, but she forgave me quickly. So if a weakling like me can cut my incredibly strong Malamute cross' black nails, then anyone can do it. The support from Paul & Sarah was excellent.
on 2 February 2014
Very strong clippers and feel very comfortable to use.Perfect buy. Good clear instructions too. Good weight.A must for those who feel they can clip their dogs nails at home but i would also recommend to Vet's as well as groomers.
on 23 April 2015
These clippers are easy to use even on my Great Dane's very tough black nails. I have trimmed cat claws before but never nails as hard as these. He is a rescue dog and a bit jumpy, especially at loud noises. He doesn't like the click as the blades cut and will pull away so it was necessary to cut quickly. I was careful only to take a little off as I didn't want to cut the quick and cause bleeding.
These clippers are very sharp and I hope my dog will get used to having his nails clipped as long as he gets plenty of treats and I clip quickly.
The service from SimplyPetsOnline ha been excellent and I appreciated the e-mail to check that I had received the clippers and some useful tips
on 24 January 2014
The product is very good quality and is easy to use. The blade guard takes the stress out nail clipping by limiting how much is trimmed off. I would definitely purchase these again if I lose this pair!!
on 24 May 2014
These clippers are fantastic. I'd struggled for ages with small 'scissor' type clippers which my whippets hated, and which pinched my hand each time I used them. These clippers are very strong so not much force is needed, and this seems to be much more comfortable for the dogs. The handles are well padded and comfortable to use, and the safety guard is an excellent feature which helps to prevent over-cutting and catching the quick. I also really like the catch which holds the clippers safely closed when not in use. Nail clipping is now going to be a regular occurrence, instead of an infrequent and dreaded struggle. Thanks!
on 14 April 2015
Excellent product, ergonomic and with a clean cut. The dog barely noticed what was going on! Nice to be living in a house without, what sounded like, a tap dancing labradoodle.
on 20 October 2014
I bought this item for my six month old Labrador pup and have to say that I am very pleased with said item.
Due to being a novice user and clipper of dogs nails, I found the guard an essential and comforting addition to the clippers.
My dog was comfortable throughout the cutting due to quick and easy action of the clippers.

A quick personal tip that I found very helpful is to shine the flash light on your mobile phone through your dogs nails to help identify the quick and avoid any over cutting incidents.

Great item, I would definitely recommend it.
on 25 October 2014
Thanks for the prompt delivery of the nail clippers and your email.
We have used the clippers today on our dog wilson. We bought them as he has problems with his dew claws on his back feet, they grow very quickly and dont wear down like the rest of his nails. We very rarely have to have his nails trimmed and when we do its minimal, the vets always comment on how short they are, he gets lots of exercise! Anyway, his dew claws had gotten quite long so that one was curling round and almost touching the pad, so we had to do something. We found it quite tricky to get the clippers on the nail without also squeezing the pad, as the ends of the clippers are quite thick. That said we did manage to get sufficient off to trim it back to a reasonable length. The clippers seemed to cut through wilsons nails with relative ease (I got my strong husband to do it as I am too much of a wimp!) he has very, very, thick black nails, so they are a nightmare and hates his feet even being looked at let alone touched! Now that we have the proper clippers to do the job we will be able to keep up with the dreaded dew claw trimming on a regular basis. So thank you very much for a great product and excellent customer service, it makes all the difference!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 April 2014
Had dogs all my life but never plucked up the courage to clip their claws until now. After reading up on this instrument I decided to take the plunge and success!!!!
on 22 August 2014
fabulous, arrived promptly. my dog is a resuce and very nervous with nail clipping. i purchased some others which were rubbish and the nail was chipping as i cut it, causing more anxiety.

these clippers are fab they have a guard on them so you can see how much you are cutting and i one clean swipe they cut through. my dog was not distressed and it was over and done with in no time at all.

very pleased with the purchase, worth paying a little more for a better product, which i should have done originally.

great thanks