on 13 April 2014
Extremely fast laptop indeed, breezes every game I throw at it. Boots up in only a few seconds, literally, thanks to two SSDs in RAID0 (also has a 1TB HDD). Very silent running and has a backlight on the keyboard which is a nice touch. The keyboard also has a separate numeric pad just like a normal keyboard for a desktop PC. Screen has good viewing angles. This laptop is big and comes with a chunky battery so be aware of that should you need to carry it around a lot. Both the SSD's and the HDD have been partitioned, although this is easy to undo it does seem pointless that ASUS partitioned them in the first place, especially with the SSD's.

The only thing about this laptop I do not like is that it has an 'Assassins Creed IV Black Flag' logo on it just under the arrow keys and it isn't the type of logo you can remove, however you do get the game for free (no disc just download).

Finally the price (at the time of writing this is £2500) is very high in the UK. I purchased mine from the U.S for only £1500, although I did have to pay VAT upon arrival in the UK and postage obviously, I spent £1850 in total in the end, which is a great saving over the UK price. Should you decide to do the same thing then you'll need to buy a plug adapter for U.S. to UK sockets, there's plenty on amazon that you can buy. Also my keyboard is laid out for U.S users, although you can change this in the settings you can't obviously change the keys themselves unless you choose to buy a UK replacement keyboard. Also it has an international warranty so that put my mind at rest when buying from the U.S.
88 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2013
Has broke on me twice while in warranty and I am now getting it repaired for the third time... what a waste of money... Update: It will cost me 720 pounds to repair this laptop, the mother board burnt out, with this in mind, please never buy this laptop or any laptop ever, buy a computer and save yourself the anger I am going though right now...
55 comments|17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

See one answered question